Poll: Are you a compulsive reloader?

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Back when I had live for Modern Warfare after I killed a dude and no enemies in sight I'd reload. I want to get live again (got the new cod), just to cheap to spend the cash, I'll get it for my B-day.
In the mean time somebody go kill afew noobs online for me.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Sounds like me, every chance I get I'll pop behind cover for a second or two and reload...

I think that It's a pretty good strategy because it's nice to face a enemy with a full magazine of ammo. But it does not work well with games that keep score of how many magazines you have instead of individual bullets, like my beloved Rainbow Six: Vegas...

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
The person most likely to be killed by an unloaded gun is the guy holding it.
I keep my gun loaded in these games, there's nothing more unpleasant than approaching a guy just as he sees you and knowing you don't even have enough rounds to kill him. This wasn't as big an issue for me on RDR, where I was mostly a compulsive aimer (incidentally, I hate it that people who just auto lock and then spray bullets are almost guaranteed a kill over someone who takes an extra second and goes for a headshot every time?) and any time I killed someone, it was usually with a single shot. On CoD though, which I'm not much good at, I prefer to reload once my ammo drops to the point where there's barely enough to drop someone.

littlealicewhite

Jul 18, 2010
If I can have a gun, I reload it for every bullet, all the time. Its saved me more times than its killed me. I never walk around with a partly empty clip, even if its only a single round.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
it all depends on how ammo works.

in some games you have clips with say 12 bullets in it and if you reload when you have 6 bullets left you lose those bullets. it doesnt make sense to reload in those games.

in games when reloading just adds more bullets to your clip i tend to reload after every kill unless there are multiple people around

banthesun

Apr 15, 2009
Generally.

But it works for me, since I don't stop firing until all nearby enemies are dead. My favourite moments are when I've burnt through all my primary and secondary ammo and need to finish a dude off with my knife. I'm sure it wouldn't be as much fun if I only fired a handful of shots before I ran out.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
I reload if i have a second where there is no enemy around, try to keep magazine full at all time.. Sometimes it kills me, but has saved me on more occations..

In TF2 however, i set it to autoreload, so that it reloads as soon as you are not firing.. But the good thing bout TF2 is that you can fire most guns even in middle of reloading..

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Oooh, I thought you meant reloading as in opening a saved game file. That I do a lot, if things are not going exactly as I want or if I get ambushed or something like that.

Reloading of my weapons I tend to do a lot as well, but I try to keep it safe. I won't reload in the middle of a firefight or anything.

Wutaiflea

Mar 17, 2009
Oddly enough, no. I literally only reload if I die.

I am, however, a compulsive saver, and yes, I do break save game counters.

Edit: Oh, reload ammo? That's.... really not very clear. Still, I only reload when I'm out, or if I need to in order to pick up some ammo that's lying around.

NooNameLeft

Sep 15, 2009
Well in Team Fortress 2 you can stop reloading by shooting whatever you want so reloading at all time is actually not a bad idea.

SirDoom

Sep 8, 2009
Doomy's rules of reloading.

Times when you should always reload
-After killing the last enemy in the area
-Just before moving from a safe area to a battlefield
-Whenever you use the last bullet in the gun

Conditional reloading
-When there are enemies nearby, but you have just enough time to reload before they're in view.
-When there are enemies in the area, and you don't have enough ammo loaded to get a kill.
-Between kills while still under fire (but only if you have cover to reload behind).

Do NOT reload
-In the middle of combat while you still have enough ammo loaded to kill the remaining enemies, and they are still within range/view.
-When your magazine currently has 149/150 bullets, unless one of the "always reload" conditions are met.
-Before confirming the kill on who or whatever target you're currently firing at.

So, you be the judge.

(I used to be a bit compulsive about it, but these are all things I've learned to do from experience. Especially that last one. I can't count the times where I was so confident that the last shot would hit that I reloaded literally the second after I fired, only to have it miss and result in me losing a kill)

Rob Shogun

Sep 17, 2008
YES! the amount of time I've watched myself on a kill cam or something similar running towards an enemy in the middle of a reload is infuriating

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
Ha, definetly. Reason I suck so much playing online; people always take advantage of it.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
if there's a break in the enemies then yes but there have been times when i regretted doing it as a zombie comes running out

Rogun11

Apr 10, 2009
Cant tell you how many times ive died due to reloading.

Okay maybe about 100 ish