Poll: Are you a Lurker?

Feb 9, 2011
I use to. I've been coming to this site for a few years now and only finally made an account just the other day. No more lurking! Yay! ^_^//

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Sassafrass said:
I am now.

I used to be everywhere then used to be everywhere in Forum Games, buggered of into P.R.I.A.T.E for a month or two, awesome group join it /self advertisment, buggered back into three sunken forum games and then for the past month or so been dipping in and out as the sheer "What the fuck?!"ery that used to inhabit this site suddenly shot through the bloody roof, as well as the constant bitching about adverts, Mods, moar adverts, other users, Lisa Foiles (Stop watching it if you hate with that much passion.) ZP no longer being funny, Mods again, The Daily Drop (Again, don't watch it then? Simple enough.) and various other stuff which keeps this site free to visit which, ya know...is a good thing. Free stuff is good.

Oh, and the sheer amount of users who appear to want to become famous on an internet site has forced me into lurking more then posting as of late.

So...yeah, that was a surprisingly longer post then I thought. Have fun reading it.
Wait why does people wanting e-fame make you post less. I'm sorry. I no follow.
IndustrialJunky said:
Well I guess I'll breach the surface and give another post to a dedicated lurking poll.
I'm one of the lurkers of ZP and Extra Credits.
Thank you for your time then. ^_^

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I feel like no one really reads my posts or cares anymore and without badges to earn I'm mostly a lurker.

Mace Tulio

Feb 5, 2011
I lurk alot, I generally don't post unless I actually have something to contribute and even then I don't post alot.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Greyah said:
Always_Remain said:
Going into other peoples threads and not posting at all. Just reading what others post. I.E. Lurking.
I see. I used to only visit these forums, without even having an account here, just reading. Though lately I've started to spend more and more time here reading, as well as posting a bit. Especially the last few days. I still tend read way more threads than I reply to, simply because I can not think of something to add.
oppp7 said:
I feel like no one really reads my posts or cares anymore and without badges to earn I'm mostly a lurker.
Yeah, I know how you two feel. That's exactly how I felt as of late. then one of my friends inspired me to stop being a quiet guy. So yeah. Whoop doop internet postin'.

Dxz5roxg

Aug 19, 2009
I've been lurking for a while lately. I literally just decided I would start posting again.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
Always_Remain said:
bak00777 said:
sometimes ill read a thread just because the title seems interesting. Most of the time i either have nothing to say on the subject, or what i would say has allready been stated by several people.
Whoa. DeJa-Vu. I have a strong feeling I've seen you specifically post a reply almost exactly like this one. Am I wrong?
There is a definite possibility.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
I tend to try not to lurk, but I'll only contribute if I feel I have something worthwhile to say.

Meatspinner

Feb 4, 2011
I lurk like crazy.
I often want to post on some topics, but usually what I have to say already has been said and repeating "I like playing game "X" to" feels to vapid and pointless.

halfeclipse

Nov 8, 2008
Two years, 4 months of hitting the escapist forums daily, and this marks post 209. I could very well be the biggest lurker on the site. Easily within the 95th percentile for amount of lurkitude anyways.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
ShockValue said:
I tend to lurk more nowadays instead of actually posting...
Any real reason? Or just getting lazy? lol

halfeclipse said:
Two years, 4 months of hitting the escapist forums daily, and this marks post 209. I could very well be the biggest lurker on the site. Easily within the 95th percentile for amount of lurkitude anyways.
I think IndustrialJunky has you beat.

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
I'm more likely to lurk than post. Lurked for a long time before I made an account then lurked some more before I ever posted anything.

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
*Points at forum title*
I'm so good at lurking, I've managed to get a post count into the thousands, without anyone knowing who I am. :p
I actually started posting more often late 2009, so for most of that year I just lurked with this account.

Wapox

Feb 4, 2010
idk... I guess... I usually only post about stuff if I have an interest in the topic other than than, I just look to see if anything interesting has been posted...

idk... yeah, I'm a lurker...

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Sometimes...

I used to lurk lots more when I wasn't a member. Joined on impulse and now I cease lurking 'cause there's a bunch of threads to reply to and stuff.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Always_Remain said:
Wait why does people wanting e-fame make you post less. I'm sorry. I no follow.
Because it sucks the fun out of posting when you have a few people trying to stand out in a site like this. Any fun, or at least for me anyway, gets sucked out and is replaced by an egotistical twathead ...hang on, right the first time, twatheads. Plus the last time someone stood out on this site, that ended up going horribly wrong.

Admittedly, this is one of the smaller problems out of the big list of things I listed but it still bothers me enough for it to suck enjoyment out of my posting time here.