Poll: Are you a Lurker?

bassdrum

jygabyte!
Oct 6, 2009
eggy32 said:
I lurk occasionally, somtimes I like to read a thread and just have nothing to contribute.
This. I don't really think of it so much as lurking as it is not saying something extraneous and unnecessary.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
I really like lurking the Religion/Politics forum. You get some pretty entertaining flame wars and I'm not the best at arguing my political views so anything I'd say would be cut to ribbons or has already been said better.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
I don't make many threads, but I contribute to threads if the title catches my attention or if I just click on a thread because I'm curious.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Beltom said:
*Points at forum title*
I'm so good at lurking, I've managed to get a post count into the thousands, without anyone knowing who I am. :p
I actually started posting more often late 2009, so for most of that year I just lurked with this account.
You must be Future Dave then.
Sassafrass said:
Always_Remain said:
Wait why does people wanting e-fame make you post less. I'm sorry. I no follow.
Because it sucks the fun out of posting when you have a few people trying to stand out in a site like this. Any fun, or at least for me anyway, gets sucked out and is replaced by an egotistical twathead ...hang on, right the first time, twatheads. Plus the last time someone stood out on this site, that ended up going horribly wrong.

Admittedly, this is one of the smaller problems out of the big list of things I listed but it still bothers me enough for it to suck enjoyment out of my posting time here.
Hmmm. I completely agree with that stance. I'm not sure what you're talking about when you said someone tried this before. Are you talking about MaxTheReaper? I could be completely wrong because I don't really know much about him and am not aware of what happened with him.

TheDarklite said:
I lurk more than a creeper hiding just outside the door to your main base @.@

(Minecraft)
I will beat you with a golden shovel because that is completely the correct thing to do in this situation.

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
I lurk a lot. My post count is disproportionate to my time spent here as a result. I signed up a couple years ago and I've been on the Escapist and reading posts for a long time, but take a look at my post count. Awful small...

sapphireofthesea

Jul 18, 2010
I tend to lurk alot for different reasons.
1. I read a thread for information and have nothing really to say OT
2. I read a thread and realise my post will be lost in the sea of other posts (usually the ones 50 pages of posts)
3. I think my opinion would be too strong and would be kinda pointless making it known anyway.

What I alsways do though is learn from the ones that teach, laugh at the funny ones and kinda try and ignore the dull boring ones.
-attempts to ignore-

(Just kidding, your's gets 10 points if you reply to this ^^)

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Oh and by the way, thanks for postin everyone! You're making me actually feel proactive because LOL my life. (No really, you guys are great.)

sapphireofthesea said:
I tend to lurk alot for different reasons.
1. I read a thread for information and have nothing really to say OT
2. I read a thread and realise my post will be lost in the sea of other posts (usually the ones 50 pages of posts)
3. I think my opinion would be too strong and would be kinda pointless making it known anyway.

What I alsways do though is learn from the ones that teach, laugh at the funny ones and kinda try and ignore the dull boring ones.
-attempts to ignore-

(Just kidding, your's gets 10 points if you reply to this ^^)
Actually, I stand behind the notion that a strong opinion is a damn good one. It means you decided on the subject that is up for discussion. That's just me though.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Ha! I almost lurked this thread, but I just stopped myself from clicking away.

This site is still a nice hang-out place, but honestly I can answer so many "what is your favorite game" questions before it all gets old. As a result I just don't post much any more. I've even let my Steam Sales thread fall out of date.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
I have been lurking moar. Sometimes i'm about to post, then see a captcha. Then just say "oh fuck this" and go leave the thread.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Signa said:
Ha! I almost lurked this thread, but I just stopped myself from clicking away.

This site is still a nice hang-out place, but honestly I can answer so many "what is your favorite game" questions before it all gets old. As a result I just don't post much any more. I've even let my Steam Sales thread fall out of date.
Yeah. I can't really blame people because sometimes being original is hard. I really don't mean that in a douche bag way.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
For me, I usually read a thread, and a lot of people posted something that is so close to my opnion that I feel I would contribute nothing by putting up such a similar opnion. If i feel I can contribute, or just feel my opnion isn't just a copy-paste of someone who posted before me, I post. Hence why I feel I've been lurking so much recently.

edit: Captcha certainly isn't helping things, either...

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Always_Remain said:
Hmmm. I completely agree with that stance. I'm not sure what you're talking about when you said someone tried this before. Are you talking about MaxTheReaper? I could be completely wrong because I don't really know much about him and am not aware of what happened with him.
I was sorta talking about Max, yes. Although I'm fairly certain he never wanted to be famous and was just being himself, accidentally gained an unholy following of fanboys/girls who thought he was the next incarnation of a slightly angsty Christ. But since Max's banning, people have been trying to fill the spot he left, the whole "Being harsh but at the same time, being sorta funny unless you're on the receiving end of it" and failing miserably at it.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
If all of you look outside your windows right now, you will see me, lurking, with night vision binoculars, a bottle of lotion and no pants on. That's right, i'm old school stalking you, I find facebook stalking lacking in challenge.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Sassafrass said:
Always_Remain said:
I was sorta talking about Max, yes. Although I'm fairly certain he never wanted to be famous and was just being himself, accidentally gained an unholy following of fanboys/girls who thought he was the next incarnation of a slightly angsty Christ. But since Max's banning, people have been trying to fill the spot he left, the whole "Being harsh but at the same time, being sorta funny unless you're on the receiving end of it" and failing miserably at it.
Like Dr. Cox?

Trollface.jpeg

(I really couldn't resist, even though it was dumb.)

Vault boy Eddie said:
If all of you look outside your windows right now, you will see me, lurking, with night vision binoculars, a bottle of lotion and no pants on. That's right, i'm old school stalking you, I find facebook stalking lacking in challenge.
Ah yes! Another soul that appreciates The Hunt! (Get it?! Because stalking people is funny! :D)

Wolfpac05

Jan 11, 2010
I had to sign in just to feel like not a complete lurker... Been doing that a lot lately...