Poll: Are you a Lurker?

The Red Spy

Dec 1, 2009
To a degree, yes. I don't like to post without real reason, I try not to post in threads that lack a point when possible. I enjoy the UK Escapism event though, and support it where possible.

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
I try to lurk just enough to remain equally gleeful about whichever troll I manage to find sitting... delectably... at the top of the mod queue when I need a midnight snack. :)

Edit: *nom* :ese:

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Kross said:
I try to lurk just enough to remain equally gleeful about whichever troll I manage to find sitting... delectably... at the top of the mod queue when I need a midnight snack. :)
WAIT. Please don't tell me you think I'm trolling in any way, shape or form? O__O I've already been put on Probation before. Wasn't fun and I didn't even know what I did. (derailingownthread,derailingownthread,derailingownthread,derailingownthread)

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Yup, I lurk all the time. I should really post more! No wonder my post count is so low:(

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Always_Remain said:
Kross said:
WAIT. Please don't tell me you think I'm trolling in anyway shape or form? O__O I've already been put on Probation before. Wasn't fun and I didn't even know what I did. (derailingownthread,derailingownthread,derailingownthread,derailingownthread)
I don't know. Are you saying you're trolling? I do generally use a different button for replying to trolls though. *looks for more buttons*

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I lurk quite a bit. Sometimes I won't post in months but I will lurk around in the forums as I sometimes have nothing to contribute to a topic. That, and sometimes I am just too busy.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Kross said:
Always_Remain said:
Kross said:
WAIT. Please don't tell me you think I'm trolling in anyway shape or form? O__O I've already been put on Probation before. Wasn't fun and I didn't even know what I did. (derailingownthread,derailingownthread,derailingownthread,derailingownthread)
I don't know. Are you saying you're trolling? I do generally use a different button for replying to trolls though. *looks for more buttons*
Grah no. I'm just self-Paranoid. (Is that a thing?) Sorry for coming across as a bit of a dummy.

Alucard 11189 said:
I lurk quite a bit. Sometimes I won't post in months but I will lurk around in the forums as I sometimes have nothing to contribute to a topic. That, and sometimes I am just too busy.
I *was* doing that too. xD

SilentBobsThoughts

Dec 29, 2009
ArchBlade said:
I lurk a lot. My post count is disproportionate to my time spent here as a result. I signed up a couple years ago and I've been on the Escapist and reading posts for a long time, but take a look at my post count. Awful small...
Im a year behind you and 100 ish lower :/ not competing but were sorta in the same boat haha :)

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Marter said:
I've gotten really lazy and uncaring lately--I've been lurking way more as a result.
Yeah that'll happen, you had a pretty good run, making it to 10k before tiring of the forums.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Sometimes, especially when I want to avoid arguing. Don't get me wrong, I love to argue, but there are times when I just want to sit back and observe.

...My captcha was 'orthalne mutual', which sounds vaguely like an insurance company.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Sleekgiant said:
Yeah that'll happen, you had a pretty good run, making it to 10k before tiring of the forums.
I didn't quite get to there. I slowed down at around 9500. XD

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
I don't lurk, but i don't post unless i feel a need to contribute or give an opinion, either.

Sometimes it can also be safer to lurk than to say something you will later regret. You can say something without thinking about it, have it deemed offensive, and risk the wrath of the banhammer. It's much better just to lurk about the thread and say nothing at all.

It's nice to see lurkers make an account for the sole purpose of posting their opinion on something they feel strongly about, though, even if they never touch that account again.

I think we should encourage more lurkers to come out of the shadows and talk openly. Make the community bigger!

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Marter said:
Sleekgiant said:
I didn't quite get to there. I slowed down at around 9500. XD
Ah well don't worry, it happens =)

If you start really getting tired of the forums, try lurking some other sites like I do.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Marter said:
I've gotten really lazy and uncaring lately--I've been lurking way more as a result.
Dude whos your new avatar?

I dont think it suits you...

No Im not telling you to go back to a pokemon theme

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
Always_Remain said:
Beltom said:
*Points at forum title*
I'm so good at lurking, I've managed to get a post count into the thousands, without anyone knowing who I am. :p
I actually started posting more often late 2009, so for most of that year I just lurked with this account.
You must be Future Dave then.
I'm afraid I'm either unaware or can't recall who that is.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Marik2 said:

Why does an avatar need to suit you?

Why can't it just be something/someone you are a fan of? I'm sure, if you really think about it, a lot of avatars don't fit their users.

Give it time.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Marter said:
Marik2 said:

Why does an avatar need to suit you?

Why can't it just be something/someone you are a fan of? I'm sure, if you really think about it, a lot of avatars don't fit their users.

Give it time.
I dont know Im just a person who likes things to go well with peoples tastes and or personality for some reason...

So whos that?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Marik2 said:
I dont know Im just a person who likes things to go well with peoples tastes and or personality for some reason...

So whos that?
Well then it should fit.

She's smiling. I like being happy.
She's also someone I'm a fan of.

There. Fits with both tastes and personality.

Her name's Brie Larson.