Poll: Are you vaccinated agains the H1N1 aka. Swineflu?

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Nope, and why should I? It's no more deadly or virulent than any other strain of influenza, and I never get regular flu shots either.

retro himself

Nov 14, 2007
Sure. And while I'm at it, I'll vaccinate against the regular flu and herpes and diarrhea and vomiting and sarcasm and common sense.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Oh my god is this still going on? I know like 700 people who got sick of it AND SURVIED ... It's just a flu...

Sorry.. I just don't get the people who locks them selfs up in the vault whenever they hear the word "sickness" or "disease" ...

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
No and I don't care enough to go and get it done myself, unless someone either asks me to go in and get it or they have it with them when I'm there for whatever other reason.

No one's actually died from it anyway in this country (UK), so I think it's pretty safe. And considering there's already a strain that's resistant anyway what's the point in putting in the effort?

Sallix

Apr 9, 2008
SWINE FLU IS A NEW WORLD ORDER CONSPIRACY TO MAKE US COMMON FOLK IMPOTENT THROUGH VACCINES!!

but yeah i really don't care either way, if offered I'll probably take it. But it doesn't seem to be as much of a problem in England anymore.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
StevieWonderMk2 said:
jpoon said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
lior13 said:
i had the Swineflu it's just like any other flu just with a difrent name.
i was sick for 1 week and i had to stay in bed but that was it.
i dont get whats the big deal, why cas people died from it people also die from the regular flu.
I will say this once more, final time. Hopefully people will get it this time:
What swine flu is NOW is not what we should be scared of. What it might BECOME is worth fearing.

Get it? As swine flu is a novel strain the population has less resistance to it than normal flu. So if it mutates and becomes more pathogenic a large number of people could die. How can we stop that? By vaccinating people and stopping it spreading NOW.

The reason SARS and Bird Flu blew over? They didn't become what we feared they would.SARS was clamped down rapidly and never had a chance to spread, bird flu hasn't yet mutated to gain human-to-human transmission. Hopefully swine flu will blow over, but that won't mean we were wrong to be concerned.
It's more like... You haven't seen a mass pandemic of SARS or Bird Flu because the military research facilities haven't released a version that will kill mass amounts of people yet. The swine flu has no pedigree so I'm doubting this was a naturally occuring virus. Probably yet another experiment by some viral research facility.
Has no pedigree? It's H1N1, that's it's pedigree. Y'know, the same kind as Spanish flu? Flu is zoonotic, it crosses between species. And due to the structure of its genetic material (8 seperate chunks, rather than one) it can recombine into new forms if multiple strains infect one animal (namely Pigs. Humans and birds are too different to get disease transfer easily, see the rarity of avian flu. Pigs are in the middle, can get both.)

And if it WAS released from a bioweapons lab, don't you think it'd be more fatal than it is currently?
Oh, not necessarily. This could be a test-run of sorts. Making sure that people can be contained, also making sure that the distribution channels for pharma corps are working to full capacity. There is an interesting article that kind of explains this. It's a perfect profit making situation to use on people who buy in to everything. On top of this, IBM knew that there was a coming pandemic back in 2006 and released internal documents showing their involvement.

http://www.swineflu-information.com/commentary/is-swine-flu-a-manufactured-virus

IBM knew of this coming down the road...

Anyways, take it with a grain of salt sure, but the piggy flu scare is pure manufactured bullshit that is making some well known corporations billions.

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
Its overblown and I'm perfectly healthy. Plus, everyone i know whose taken it has gotten sick. Really sick, so no thank you

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
I'm not taking it and am trying to get swine flu simply to show my family that it is not a horrible disease that will kill off all the children in the world, its just a fucking FLU!
You do know that new forms of flu can be pretty lethal?
Spanish Flu for example killed between 50 and 100 million people in 1918,
though I do agree that this current "pandemic" has been blown way out of proportion by the media.

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
I'm not taking it and am trying to get swine flu simply to show my family that it is not a horrible disease that will kill off all the children in the world, its just a fucking FLU!
This is my sentiment exactly.
Everyone I know that has apparently had this so called "Deadly disease" has been off their feet for no more than a week and fully recovered... so just like flu then.

I'm pregnant and I'm not concerned about it. My brother apparently had it and I never caught anything off him. I have a friend who had it when she was pregnant and both her and baby are fine.

I'm not being a guinea pig to this vaccination when they've rushed it out just in fear of this pandemic.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Julianking93 said:
No. Its just another bullshit flu that the media just hypes up so they can scare you into buying the damn vaccine.
buying?
it's free in holland

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
I got vaccinated.

My family went to Spokane Arena to get vaccinated, a News crew even arrive to film the notoriously long line we had to wait in.

Uncreation

Aug 4, 2009
I don't know if anyone said this already (i used search, so i don't think so), but i think swineflu is actually H5N1. H1N1 i think is birdflu. I think.
Not that that really matters, but, eh, i like to be pedantic like that.

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
No, because i believe in conspiracy theory. I believe scientists made it to get loads of money by selling vaccines.

Karhax

Jun 30, 2009
Anyone saying the swine flu vaccine is free are currently not using their brains.

Someone is always paying. In this case, it is your tax money.