Poll: Best 90's Cartoon?

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
I don't particularly like any of these...but if I had to choose one, I guess I'd go with Darkwing Duck.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Swat Kats wasn't on there. This thread has failed.

Among the choices though, Batman.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Wait, this is actually a question? The goddamn Batman!

[sub]Pick another poll option. I dare you.[/sub]​

Alaster Angelo

Jul 12, 2010
Barring the obvious Batman choice, I really enjoyed Gargoyles and X-Men. I could never really get into DBZ as a kid.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Rawne1980 said:
The lack of Dogtanian and the Muskahounds, Bucky O Hare and Count Duckula makes me dismiss your poll as the rantings of a madman.
I remember the green rabbit but that's about it. What was dogtanian? (Im surprised technoman blade wasn't on here).

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Saw thread title, immediately said: Batman.
Clicked on link and saw Batman at the top of the poll.
Was not disappointed.
Good job today internet, good job.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
MuttyGrims1321 said:
Where is Reboot?
Where is Beastwars and Shadow Raiders?

CAPTCHA: I am captcha! - It has gained sentience!!!!!!

Ryan Hughes

Jul 10, 2012
Clearly, since only 3.7% of people have chosen Ren & Stimpy, only 3.7% of people know what they are talking about. Ren & Stimpy is the best, that is simply an objective fact.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
Frankster said:
As evidenced by my avatar id normally go dbz but... Batman TAS :')

My non nominated choice would be "Animals of the farthing wood", which is a bit like Watership down in that despite protagonists being cute animals, the show was brutal. Was a bbc cartoon so doubt anyone outside uk will know of it though .
Not true! I loved The Animals of Farthing Wood as a kid in Australia. Australia has a lot more BBC shows on air though than most countries, being a Commonwealth nation and all.

Siegreich said:
No mention of Daria ya this thread lowers my esteem for you all even more.
I own the complete series of Daria. For a show that spun off from Beavis and Butthead, the wonderful sarcastic humour and genuine insightfulness of that show was amazing.

I'd also give an honourable mention to Earthworm Jim and The Tick as brilliant satires of typical comics/comic-inspired cartoons, but my number one vote (if it was on the list) would go to the Tintin animated series. I loved that show so much.

From what was there though, X-Men TAS is the show I have the fondest memories of so it got my vote.

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
Batman: The animated series had some amazing story lines such as the joker and Harley Quinn and the Baby doll story. Gargoyles is a close second. I also really liked, "I am weasel" but only because Michael Dorn did some voice work.

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
Ryan Hughes said:
Clearly, since only 3.7% of people have chosen Ren & Stimpy, only 3.7% of people know what they are talking about. Ren & Stimpy is the best, that is simply an objective fact.
This man speaks the truth.

Also, regarding Gargoyles,

johnnyLupine

Nov 19, 2008
What posessed people to put X-men so low down on the list? It was clearly the best cartoon of all time, quite possibly because it had time travel episodes where multiple bleak futures battled for their existance or to not be so bleak or whatever and there was inevitably going to be a misunderstanding whenever a new character was introduced which would end in some kind of brawl.

Batman? I laugh at his pansey excuse for a future! He lives in a mansion and has some kid do all his bat-maning. The X-men? they had the balls to die en masse to show the viewer how screwed up the future was going to be.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Out of those choices (there are so many great 90's cartoon that 8 poll options is not enough!) I'm going with Batman: The Animated Series. It gave us the Bruce Wayne/ Batman voices, Harley Quinn and dark deco etc.

Rawberry101

Jan 14, 2012
Probably wasn't the best idea to make this a poll. It looks like many people have other favorites. From what I've seen...SO MUCH NOSTALGIA!!! Oh god my glorious childhood is flashing before me. When did everything start to suck? Probably when I grew up. *sigh*

Out of the poll cartoons my favorite was Dragonball Z, although I'll readily admit Batman was a better cartoon. My favorite of all time might be Pokemon, but now it's hard to tell.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Batman: The Animated Series had...

So that's an instant win.

It also had Ron Perlman as Clayface. How do you beat that?