Poll: Best FPS ever?

Stickill

Jan 1, 2010
Well I liked Half-Life 2 very much, and all the others on your list are also amazing. But the real best FPS for me has to be Command & Conquer Renegade.

Yes I know the singleplayer was bad, but the multiplayer...

Oh the multiplayer of Renegade, it is still amazing. I have played that for such a long time, and still am. The smoothness and perfect layout and balance of the multiplayer is just amazing, and the gameplay is fun and not as annoying as modern FPS's.

a ginger491

Apr 8, 2011
Denamic said:
Xpwn3ntial said:
Funny how Halo:CE isn't there.

I voted Doom, but that's just my opinion. I really liked Doom.
Halo?
Sure, it was the best the xbox had to offer, and it's not bad in of itself.
But compared to all the other FPSes on the PC, it just didn't hold a candle.
If it was released on the PC and not the xbox, it'd get a lukewarm reception at best.
I mean, the only thing it brought to the table was regenerating health and vehicles.
Everything else was pretty bland.
Halo CE was ported to the PC to great reviews about a year after its original release

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Call of Duty 2. A perfect game from before Infinity Ward's days of shoveling out what is in my opinion, mediocrity.
Halo: CE is a close second, with Close Combat: First to Fight in third, and Star Wars battlefront 2 with first person mode on in fourth.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
Best ever? I don't play either anymore, but the Unreal series and Command &Conquer Renegade (mp only) are the ones I've put in the most hours. I also have fond memories of Quake 2 & 3. All of the titles get my vote because the mechanics were near perfect and playing with a regular group of people made all the difference.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
I'm gonna have to call you out for not including Timesplitters on that list, or Timesplitters 2 at least. THAT is the best FPS game in my opinion ^^

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Gitty101 said:
I'm gonna have to call you out for not including Timesplitters on that list, or Timesplitters 2 at least. THAT is the best FPS game in my opinion ^^
Damn you beat me to the punch

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
dylanmc12 said:
TheFederation said:
does portal count
Is it an FPS? Yes. What does the title say? "Best FPS Ever." Portal is an FPS, is the Answer not obvious?
I know its a first person game where you shoot things but its more of a puzzle game TBH