Poll: Canadia

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Missing a lot of great wrestlers, and John Candy, IIRC.

And the
<youtube=yFVrqA2tPu4>Weirdly cropped it seems, though. bleg

Prolly more, really, but that's about all I can think of right now.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
The great progressive rock band Rush, along with Joni Mitchell and Neil Young.

I wish Australia had a great progressive rock band

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
On the one hand you gave us Scott Pilgrim, on the other hand you gave us Michael Cera... as Scott Pilgrim. Even, I guess?

Only a matter of time before the red hordes come pouring over the mountainsides. And I'm not talking about Communism. Yeah, Canada, we know what's up. *Grabs gun and bible and sits in a corner.*

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
President Bagel said:
Also forgot to mention Nanaimo Bars. Those things are delicious.
Every relative in my extended family has a mother or grandmother who can home make Nanaimo Bars that murder anything store bought. The hell is their secret(s)?!

OT: Bioware, 1996-2007. 11 years of greatness should suffice for Canada existing for 147 years+.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Poutine. The bread of divinity.

I'd embed an image,but I am le suck and don't know the code. Also,Google up "I Am ARG Poutine",if you need a primer on what it is.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Here's a list of shit you wouldn't have without us http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_inventions nuff said. That and well, we're awesome buddies to have eh.

Alexei F. Karamazov

Feb 22, 2014
thaluikhain said:
The Canadian Shock Troops hold the north against the Black Crusades?
Are you insinuating that the United States is actually a front for the Ruinous Powers, hellbent on spreading Chaos and destruction throughout the world? Because you're not too far off...

OT: Personally, I think the Super Best Friend Zaibatsu more than justify Canada's existence, but Shatner will do.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Riddle78 said:

I'd embed an image,but I am le suck and don't know the code. Also,Google up "I Am ARG Poutine",if you need a primer on what it is.
You put [ img ] before it, and then [/ img ] after the image location, without the spaces.
For example:

If you quote this, you'll be able to see exactly what I did.

Aethryl

Jul 16, 2014
On the Eight day God had a rockin party, got completely smashed and made Canada and it was rather polite.
On the Ninth day God had a wicked headache and in revenge created the animal population of Australia and it was OMG THE STING BURNS

Suhi89

Oct 9, 2013
My fiancée comes from Canada so that's pretty awesome.

However, since the thread has been generally positive so far, I feel the need to inject a dose of British negativity.

Canada has Caesars. I mean, wtf? They're the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted. Clamato is an abomination in itself. And poutine, maple syrup, Albertan Steak, all taste great but will lead to an early grave.

And then there's the music. Yeah there's some decent stuff but it's dominated by the likes of Bieber, Nickleback and Dion. Ugh.

And the cold. I don't know if Canada invented cold but it sure felt like it when I was in Edmonton for Christmas a couple of years back. What do you mean can I walk the dog? It's -40 out there!

Also, gay marriage (ish). How dare you get in there first(ish), making other countries look and feel bad for being so backwards. I thought you were supposed to be polite!

Yeah, so fuck Canada (hoping to move there next year).

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
Rush, poutine and maple syrup all act as justifications for our continued existence.

OP mentioned that he didn't care for maple syrup. I really hope he is talking about that Aunt Jemima abomination that many people think of as maple syrup and not the real thing which is thinner, sweeter goes great with many things and costs a small fortune. Pancake syrup has about as much and common with maple syrup as Justin Beiber has with music.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
JUSTIN BIEBER!

Wait! Put down those guns. Please? I was just kidding. Seriously, put them down...
We cool? We cool.
Canada's cool.

I would like to vote for Poutine but I've never tasted it. Oh how I wish I could!

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
dangoball said:
JUSTIN BIEBER!

Wait! Put down those guns. Please? I was just kidding. Seriously, put them down...
We cool? We cool.
Canada's cool.

I would like to vote for Poutine but I've never tasted it. Oh how I wish I could!
You could make it! It's pretty easy. Just double fried french fries, cheese curds, and gravy. Bam! Also it's a delicious heart-attack inducing bit of awesomeness. However, as a Canadian I use it as a justification for Quebec :D

As for the poll I am leaning towards Rush.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Suhi89 said:
Also, gay marriage (ish). How dare you get in there first(ish), making other countries look and feel bad for being so backwards. I thought you were supposed to be polite!
I know, right. At least they kept First Past the Post elections.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
dangoball said:
JUSTIN BIEBER!

We cool? We cool.
Canada's cool.

Dimitriov said:
dangoball said:
JUSTIN BIEBER!

We cool? We cool.
Canada's cool.

You could make it! It's pretty easy. Just double fried french fries, cheese curds, and gravy. Bam! Also it's a delicious heart-attack inducing bit of awesomeness. However, as a Canadian I use it as a justification for Quebec :D

As for the poll I am leaning towards Rush.
The truly great thing about poutine is the astonishing number of things that go good on it. Like bacon? So does poutine. Like hamburger? So does poutine. the place I work at has a poutine that adds, of all things, bacon, bruschetts mix (seasoned and galiced tomatoes and finely chopped onions), lettuce, roasted chicken and roasted garlic aioli. I could live on that shit it's so awesome, I just wouldn't live long as it's over 3000 calories an order.

Getting proper cheese curds to make it with may be a pest. A grocery deli counter or some kind of store that imports odd cheese. It's not a proper poutine without the right (sticky gooey) cheese curds.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Riddle78 said:

While someone already has told you the image code thing, here is a lovely hyperlink [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.198114-Escapist-User-Guide-to-Posting-Commands] to quite possibly the most important thread on the Escapist.

OT: Maple syrup. All shall bow to the glory of the ultimate pancake modifier!

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
I like Canadians and Canada, but I swear I'm getting overexposed to the "sorry" joke.

SmallHatLogan

Jan 23, 2014
Well I'm a music enthusiast so I voted for Shatner.

Maple Syrup was a close second.

We also have Canada to thank for Scott Pilgrim, Amanda Tapping, Northernlion, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Robert Goulet, HappyConsoleGamer, Mountie uniforms, Peter North, people going over Niagra Falls in barrels,

...and of course, this song:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Lethos said:
I like Canadians and Canada, but I swear I'm getting overexposed to the "sorry" joke.
Don't expect anyone to apologise for that any time soon...