Poll: Choose your weapon!

danielsharpe1634

Oct 28, 2009
Colour-Scientist said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Considering I've had no martial weapon training, I'd probably go with a crossbow. Any idiot can use one of those.
Crossbows are actually really difficult to use. You have to build up alot of muscle in your arms and such, Men who used them had alot of training from quite a young age generally.
actually, thats the longbow you're thinking of. crossbows were issued to peasant warriors so they wouldn't get slaughtered when forced onto the battlefield. I would know, I did a term paper on medieval weaponry

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Bastard sword plus shield. I'd use it to protect from archers until I got close enough to fight my enemies, then ditch it.

Sieni

Aug 8, 2009
a sword and a shield, because I couldn't hit anything with a bow and it's nice to be able to block attacks.

Arphaxon

Mar 11, 2010
A polearm. More specifically a Halberd. It's got reach, to keep you far away from the other bastards, a pointy bit at the end to stick into footsoldier bastards opposite you, a cutting bit to hack away at armoured bastards, and a hooky bit for bastards on horseback.

A weapon for the rabble :)

FaithorFire

Mar 14, 2010
BDA: Big Damn Axe
I'm strong enough to swing one with devastating force, so I'll take an axe and iron plated jock strap. That's all I need

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
i have no training so i'd have a pike. a pikeman can be trained in about an hour.as long as i could keep up with my pike team i'd be fine.

Michailov

Oct 15, 2009
Fantasywise: I would go DualWielding Shields, thats right! TWO SHIELDS.
I'll be the tankiest of all tanks.

Fo real? There's a reason why the Sord n board is the most used type...

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
I would dual weild sheilds and just run at people... If I don't freak the crap out of people, I'll make a great distraction...

I don't even have to get my hands dirty...

AntiAntagonist

Neither good or bad
Apr 17, 2008
I really enjoy the idea of a halberd, if only because I like GuanDaos.

However I'd go with a longbow for the survivability (not counting when the enemy does flanking maneuvers).

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Considering I've had no martial weapon training, I'd probably go with a crossbow. Any idiot can use one of those.
"pulls arrow out of foot"

yeah i tried that logic and it failed

May 28, 2009
dual Khopesh swords (sickel blades)

they are designed to remove the enimies weapon/shield while build momentum for an attack

with chainmail.

havass

Dec 15, 2009
legion431 said:
An rpg, seriously longsword 20 meters away vs rpg, your going to lose
before or after you die from you not shooting your grenade far enough?

OT: crossbow, i guess. and idiot can use one of those. provided they dont point it at themselves going,"ooo, i wonder what this does."

Maibus

Aug 8, 2009
I've got it, sorcery. I'm a wizard. I can actually go around pointing at people making weird sounds, I say I'd get about 30 or 40 people before they lock me away.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Sword and shield, or perhaps a bow... a bow would be nice, seeing there'll a bunch of meat-shields behind you and the bad guys, and in case they die, surrendering is a valid option.