Poll: CoD Dog vs Giant Enemy Crab

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Definitely the enemy crab, who has the benefit of a terrible in-game camera to make him very difficult to hit. About 60% of the enemies I took out in that game were standing off-screen when I fought them.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Shinsei-J said:
I feel the crab has the upper hand in this one, having 12 points in "Is a giant enemy crab" while the dog only has one.
But the dog PWNS the giant enemy crab in the agility and emotional appeal categories.

APPEAL TO YOUR EMOTIONS AND LET THE POOR FUZZY WUDDLY PUPPY WIN, DAMMIT!

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I am gonna say crab as it can just grab and eat it. But hey maybe the dog will get killed and this will lead to a scene where I have shoot an RPG into the crab and or have a Quick Time Event where I punch and strangle it to death.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Considering that the size of the crab, I don't think the dog even has a chance of getting throught it's shell.

It's like trying to destroy a planet with a sewing needle.

doggy go 7

Jul 28, 2010
I was going to go with Giant enemy crab, mainly due to the fact that it's a giant enemy crab, but at the last minuet have changed to COD dog. Why? Because of two important stats; namely, catastrophic level of unveiling, and emotion. COD dog is a very emotional puppy, and the fact that his unveiling went so badly will only seek to enrage him. The Crab meanwhile doesn't care. As such, COD dog will attack with gusto, leaving giant enemy crab powerless to stop him (especially once it gets on the crab's back, then he's fucked).

Also

omegaweopon said:
For your second ever post on the escapist, that's fantastic.

Capatcha: bigger in Texas; possible explination for the dog's point in being a giant enemy crab?

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
omegaweopon said:
That was beautiful, just beautiful.

Robot Number V said:
Hmm. I have to say, I'm impressed by the crab's surprising capacity for emotion.
Hazy992 said:
But then again Giant Enemy Crab doesn't have emotions, and emotions is power.
The 'Giant Enemy Crab' does have emotions, it is ANGRY, very ANGRY! That's where it's emotion points come from. [small]It is likely peeved that people didn't like the PS3 E3 conference of 2006[/small].

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
xPixelatedx said:
omegaweopon said:
That was beautiful, just beautiful.

Robot Number V said:
Hmm. I have to say, I'm impressed by the crab's surprising capacity for emotion.
Hazy992 said:
But then again Giant Enemy Crab doesn't have emotions, and emotions is power.
The 'Giant Enemy Crab' does have emotions, it is ANGRY, very ANGRY! That's where it's emotion points come from. [small]It is likely peeved that people didn't like the PS3 E3 conference of 2006[/small].
But it wasn't modeled from high resolution scans of an actual SEAL Team service dog crab, so it doesn't have as many polygons. And as we all know polygons = emotions therefore CoD Dog has more emotions.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
If anime has taught me anything, it's that emotions give you super powers.

Dog it is!
That depends. Which of the two had the most destructive childhood? I'll go with that one.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
fix-the-spade said:
xPixelatedx said:
- The winner eats the loser.
------------------
CoD Dog has Martyrdom perk.

Nobody wins.
Damnit, I forgot about perks... See everyone? The dog has a real chance now! Speaking of perks, you think he can carry a knife in his mouth? It could go something like this:

Another

Mar 19, 2008
Clearly with the David Cage school of thought, the dog wins:

If polygons is emotions than by association emotions is polygons, and everyone knows that you need more power to make more polygons, therefore the dog wins because he has more emotions to make more polygons which give him power.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
HarlequinGrey said:
Uh, guys, come on. The Crab Wins.

You should all know how Crab Battles [http://youtu.be/8mHKHKR8x6A] turn out. Not even Snake can best one of these buggers.
My first thought as well. If Snake can't handle it, it's bad. Very bad. (Damn cave demons...)

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
They each enter the ring, the dog tries to sniff for drugs and explosives, unsure of what exactly is happening, the giant crab unleashes a... whatever noise giant crabs make!, scuttles close to the dog, the dog barks, attempts to bite the crabs chitinous legs and is swiftly shaken off, the crab swings it's hefty claw, striking the perplexed dog and dazing it, seizing opportunity the crab snips the dog in twain and feasts on his gooey insides.

The winner is Giant Enemy Crab. The dog had emotion and agility, but without being of anime origins those emotions only mean it has more polygons, and polygons do not equate to power in western games, it just can't match the giant enemy crabs impenetrable carapace and a single blow from the crab proved to be it's undoing. Speed and emotion can only do so much against a giant pissed off crab.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
If I vote for the crab, will it protect me by an emotional angry dog, upset over not getting my vote? I mean the crab is angry as it is, so if I vote for it it might decide it's simply angry at everything except me and not kill me.