Poll: Death and All His Friends...

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
Jim Grim said:
But what if how when and where you die are inextricably linked? Like if you get run over by the 2:00pm train as it leaves central station?
you figured out deaths riddle and are now immortal

Czargent Sane

May 31, 2010
interspark said:
i would die on an exbidition to an untouched corner of the Earth (or perhaps some other planet) and die trying (and perhaps suceeding) to make a better world for our planets animals!

there's a pretty obvious loophole in this thread, what's to stop us from wishing to die at the end of time itself? thus making us invinsible and, to a certain extent, imortal!
they arent wishes, they're gifts. I dont think your new buddy death will be so giving if you try to abuse your friendship.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
How.

I would die because, despite working perfectly otherwise, the Elixir of Eternal Youth that I drank has a flaw that would cause the drinker to die suddenly and painlessly in their sleep after just over 500 years. ;)

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
ThatLankyBastard said:
zehydra said:
ThatLankyBastard said:
interspark said:
there's a pretty obvious loophole in this thread, what's to stop us from wishing to die at the end of time itself? thus making us invinsible and, to a certain extent, imortal!
Is that a loophole? What if you are the last person alive? What if your flash-frozen for all eternity? By choosing to die at the end of time, you could be spending millions of years in terrible suffering or barely alive at all!
I for one would rather be suffering than dead.
You'd rather suffer until the unavoidable end than die a quick painless death?
Clarification: unless there is an afterlife, yes. Since there is no evidence of an unavoidable end.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
I would wish to die pulling an Anakin skywalker in a small fighter ship against a reaper in the final battle on citadel station (which we will obviously win since organisms are 1337) to save my mixed race buddies. of course this would have to include eternal youth so i guess ill throw in a cookie that i died of a heart attack from drinking some modded sorcerer's stone juice or something

mainly beacuse that would involve the mass effect timeline happening and i always wanted to live in that universe for a while. probably become a freelance merc because i know i cant die and ill still get to be an adventuring space marine of sorts.

oh yeah. and i would definitely live a happy existence since the mere act of befriending death would remove all fear of it.. er him or her; as well as naming a time and place but ultimately they quell my fear to a lesser extent

SpiderHam666

Apr 17, 2009
ThatLankyBastard said:
I think I'd go with How I would die...

I'd die protecting those I love...

FROM ZOMBIES!!!
Well THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Now you are going to usher in the zombie apocolypse just that much faster.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
By exhausti
ThatLankyBastard said:
Lets say you've befriended Death... He gives you 3 choices...

You can choose WHEN you die...
You can choose HOW you die...
You can choose WHERE you die...

So which would you choose? And Why?

EDIT: A lot of people seem to think that they can cheat Death by going for something outlandish like, "I'll die when pigs fly!" and other crap like that... Lets just say that Death wouldn't approve of your abuse of his friendship, so he'd try extra hard to get you (maybe to the point where pigs start growing wings)...
By exhaustion via a crazy sex and great music orgy...:)

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
SpiderHam666 said:
ThatLankyBastard said:

FROM ZOMBIES!!!
Well THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Now you are going to usher in the zombie apocolypse just that much faster.
I was waiting for somebody to pick up on that...
Here's a cookie!

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i would pick when
when i have put all my worldly affairs in order when after i turned old and wrinkly

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
JoJoDeathunter said:
I would choose "how", as this could be exploited as to give myself a very satifactory life:

e.g. "Die in old age in my mansion in arms of my ever beautiful and faithful wife, with my loving daughter also by my side, surrounded by my numerous good friends and my piles of money".
you would have to specify which kind of money and the condition in which your friends/ wife/ daughter are in because they could be zombies and you could be surrounded by pennies, or they could be waiting to rob you or kill each other or some other scenario so it could still be an unhappy death

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
I would like to die after having sex with 100 differant attractive women on the same day. Least I'll get some before I have a heart attack from exaustion.

SpiderHam666

Apr 17, 2009
ThatLankyBastard said:
SpiderHam666 said:
ThatLankyBastard said:

FROM ZOMBIES!!!
I was waiting for somebody to pick up on that...
Here's a cookie!
A COOKIE!!!!!!!!!!! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!