Poll: Did your PS2 ever break?

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
Mine quits reading discs on a relatively regular basis and so does my girlfriend's.

15 minutes of disassembly and tinkering fixes it. I assume that everyone with my issue could probably fix yours in roughly the same amount of time rather than replacing it.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Its never faile dme, yes it may run slow as fuck sometime and not load the floor in need for speed or any of the characters faces in Killzone.. but dammit its SO RELIABLE!

HemlockDalise

Mar 1, 2011
Our PS2 never broke until it finally kicked the bucket and exploded, melting the game inside it. I was annoyed, because I still liked playing the games and my brothers always monopolised it, and it was them that made it explode.

My best friend still has hers, and we drag it out occasionally to play Rayman M.

Zorpheus

Aug 19, 2009
Has it failed on me? No. Did it break after I was stupid enough to try to modchip it by myself? Ye-YEAHHHHH!

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
My laser quit working, so I tried fixing it with smashing it in the floor(I've always been a technical genius). Didn't work and the game I had forgotten inside got destroyed.
Got a new one that has worked ever since. Think it was at least seven years since the first one broke.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Mine stopped working a few months before I got my Xbox 360, which also broke once before I got a slimline one.

My PSOne still works fine, which is cool.

Andrew_Mac

Feb 20, 2011
My PS2 has never failed me, even when i pissed off my older brother by beating him at his fave game. He threw it across the room. When we plugged it back in, it continued to work. Bless it. It worked up until i got a PS3 and I forgot about it... I may go dig it out again... Have a go again...

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
Mine still works like its new and the poor thing doesn't look new, its dusty, scratched and chipped and it's still able to play games and DvDs.

Dwachak

Sep 27, 2009
Just yesterday I pulled myself together and gave mine a good clean for the first time in 8 years, as it was getting a bit picky about what it wanted to play and when it wanted to play it ;P Now it's back to full speed.

ZtH

Oct 12, 2010
I got my first PS2 right around the time Unreal Tournament came out. It still hasn't died on me. I bought a slim so that I could leave the other at home (since it became the family DVD player) when I went to school and that is still with me as well.

Zorpheus

Aug 19, 2009
Has it failed me? No. Did it break after I stupidly decided I would try to mod it myself? HECK YEAH!

Shining_Pyrelight

Oct 17, 2010
I got an original PS2 phat version in 2003, and it lasted me several years with no problem. It still works today, however the mechanism that allowed it to play blue-sided discs broke. I was no longer able to play Ico or any early era game.

I got a new PS2 slim and have never had any problems with it.

I did get another PS2 just because it was there, a silver one that I didn't need. But it was new and I wanted to spend money on something.

So I've had 3 systems, but only needed 2. On the bright side, I own 3 awesome systems.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Nope. Infact, the only time anything do go wrong with it was due to the fact I dropped a shit load of coke on it.

Mr Binary

Jan 24, 2011
I have never had my PS2 break on my and I still play it today. It may be one of the few systems that hasn't failed from wear and tear.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
My first didn't fail me so I bought another one... so that I could play in TWO different rooms.

I Resurection I

Sep 2, 2009
I'll say once, but only because it stopped reading DVD's for some strange reason. but otherwise worked smoothly.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
I've had 3 PS2s.

First one just died on me. No big deal. The other two worked perfectly fine!

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
The only thing thats happened to one of mine is that port 1 stopped reading my controllers. I had another PS2 laying around though so I swapped them out.