Poll: Do you generally think short hair is unattractive on most women?

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
Hoplon said:
I don't think anyone should have a hair cut that makes them look bad, but that never stopped mullets did it?
Mullets are back. Nobody has noticed this. Nobody has noticed that people are walking around with mullets RIGHT FUCKING NOW. And they're popular.

OT: I can't say I lean one way or another, it's impossible. Some women look better with long, some don't. I think I'm more likely to be attracted to a woman who can pull of short hair, though...

Neyon

May 3, 2009
In my opinion short hair is not unattractive but I can't think of any example where it isn't less attractive than long hair.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Oh, some girls can rock short hair really well. I know a couple of girls who look infinitely more attractive when their hair doesn't go past their ears. On the whole though I do like long hair... I like to run my fingers through it, I like the way it fans out on the pillow... But again, it's by no means a requirement.

aivalera

Aug 30, 2011
Short to long is okay for me.
Very short to bald is a little uncomfortable. Not a complete 'not interested' but it's not as attractive to me.

Captcha: face the music...Uhh, is it just me or are do these Captchas see directly into the soul?

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
I'd actually say short hair is perhaps the hairstyle I find most attractive on women - I don't see it often, not everyone can pull it off, and there are some close seconds, but as a rule, I've got a thing for it. I also don't care for particularly long hair. (Oddly enough, I tend to have longer than average hair for males - I just can't be bothered to have haircut after haircut, and can never get my hair in order when it's short and inflexible).

It's just personal taste, really - it doesn't necessarily conform to any particular personality.

Shame the poll didn't work - I'd be interested to see the results.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
While SOME woman can pull short hair off, I prefer my girls with long hair, sometimes even the longer the better.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Short or long is okay as long as it's styled and kept clean.

Never a shaved head though. That is a sure indicator that you're dealing with a bat-shit insane person.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I dig all kinds of hair on women. Long, short, bald, buzzed (Amber Rose for example), spikey with rainbow colors, mohawk, braids, corn-rows, perms, wavy, straight, crimped....and I'm running out of hairstyle names to think of offhand.

So no, I don't have a "strong opinion" either way on the epic question of Short Hair or Long Hair on women. If the hairdo rocks, it rocks, and looks good on them, end of story.

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
Short hair, long hair, pick whatever you wish, but when this woman you know said she looks like a dyke, that is straight up immature prick behaviour. If I see someone, woman or man, with a hairdo I find odd for them, I explain my opinion, like saying I don't like the tug it has on her face or her long hair just frizzes the fuck out everywhere and just looks like a parasite or maybe, just maybe, say I think having you hair spiked up does not in fact make you look taller and is a health hazard. All in all, I find super long hair enjoyable, I find a mid range enjoyable, I like a contrast of long bangs with short hair, I like short hangs with long hair, I LIKE THINGS THAT ARE PRETTY...and I can say my opinion and explain it without resorting to LOOKS LIKE A FAG.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
aivalera said:
Short to long is okay for me.
Very short to bald is a little uncomfortable. Not a complete 'not interested' but it's not as attractive to me.

Captcha: face the music...Uhh, is it just me or are do these Captchas see directly into the soul?
You haven't got many posts, so you may not have realised this, but its a long-established fact on these forums that the Captcha is sentient. It knows what the thread is about, recent news and, as you said, can see directly into your soul.

OP: Short hair is nice. A lot less bothersome than longer cuts.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Short hair?

Yep, still hot.

It differs from person to person, obviously. I can't even say I have a definitive preference.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I can find it attractive, sure. Just look at my avatar! Not everyone can pull off a cute pixie cut though. I'm not sure if I could, so I keep mine at shoulder-length.

Rob Robson

Feb 21, 2013
Hmm. I think the statistical probability for "can a woman pull short hair off" depends on hair colour.

Natural red: 0% - you were given the greatest hair colour of all, you MUST grow it! (I automatically lose respect for any woman who tries to cover up or minimize their natural red hair)

Fake red: 2.5% - though you are already battling against the stream in terms of attraction based on hair style

Natural blonde: 0% - no, never, I don't care who you are

Fake blonde: 0.1% - has to be really styled

Natural brunette: 10%-15% not quite sure but this seems to be the percentage of normally attractive women who cut it short has been attractive still.

Fake brunette: mmmm I'd say about 10%.

Bald/ semi/ asymmetrically bald: If your facial features are angular, I'd say you'll have a 20% success rate, if not, 0%.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I suppose it depends on one's definition of short.

For me, I'm a fan of long hair. The shortest I'm willing to go and still consider attractive is usually around the jawline.

Anything more, and it's very rare that a woman can pull the look off in my eyes.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
Don't really have a preference about length, but I do like hair to hang loose, I can't romantically stroke it when it's tied up or stuck up like that.

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
I do have a preference for at least shoulder length but also found sooooo many women who look absolutely stunning with short hair. Bald/buzz cuts are hard to pull off for many people but I've seen many women who pull it off so well.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I like short hair on women.

Not for aesthetic reasons, but I love running my fingers through it.

Araksardet

Jun 5, 2011
As the OP notes, some people can pull it off, but in general, yeah, I find mid-length or longer hair more attractive on women.

I also think a lot of non-balding men (would) look better with longer hair, though.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
I much prefer long hair on women but I have met a few woman with short hair that looks really good on them

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Generally long hair. But that's because 90% of women seem to have long hair. Out of the ones who do have short hair I'd go for them over most of the other long haired girls 80% of the time. Whether or not they'd go for me is an entirely other story.

It takes a certain confidence to pull of short hair. If it's done just because the girl doesn't want to be seen a sex object or doesn't care then I'm not going to notice because they're clearly not interested in my attention.