Poll: Do you like Israel?

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
None of the points you just made, to me justify taking someone eles land. they chose someone elses land cause it had religious meaning to them. that land as far as i know has meaning to every major monotheistic religion in the world.

the land may not have had any infastructure but it belonged to someone else. so can i go in and claim any empty land i want?

Anyway it jsut seems to me they could have been given a better homeland. i have no problem with them having a homeland but where they chose seems to ruffle to many feathers. couldnt they have been given an area in the UK or the US?

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I know almost nothing about what's going on with Israel and Palestine, but the things I know about Israel and the people I've met from there are awesome. So yeah, I'm a fan.
I'd like to visit Jerusalem (being Christian and all) and just be there.

It's be crazy to be there I think. Similar to being in super historically significant buildings, of which I'm also a fan.

Les Awesome

Mar 29, 2010
in kindergarten if two kids can't a share a toy they take it away
so lets take the land they're fighting over and give it that nice
well mannered student north Korea I'm sure they'll make the
most of it -_-

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Bunnymarn said:
TheIronRuler said:
Bunnymarn said:
Oh, and why of all people did you have to go and assassinate Yitzhak Rabin? He was actually going to get something done with the whole conflict...
To this day the Oslo treaties are a piece of paper. The only thing present from the piece of paper are the security arrangements.
They're a piece of paper because he got assassinated before he could do anything and then the Lukid government with Benign came and pretty much just reversed everything Rabin was trying to do.
I do want to say something about the Rabin assassination.
The rabbies that incited the public against him were never judged.
Comparing that to how the police is over-compensating now and getting great rabbies locked up and questioned whenever the smallest thing arises, I think that it was intentional.
Disgusting, but it's here to show us that words can kill.
Israel has a memorial day for him every year.

Bunnymarn

Oct 8, 2008
TheIronRuler said:
Bunnymarn said:
TheIronRuler said:
Bunnymarn said:
What about the fact that the refugee crisis came from the Arab leaders warning local Muslims to flee the country so that they wouldn't be caught in the cross-fire. When Israel WASN'T Destroyed as planned, they had only themselves to blame.
The refugee was both the fault of the Arabs and Israel. The Israelis shouldn't have dispossessed them to such a large degree in the first place and the Arabs shouldn't have juggled the refugees around like a hot potato. Not allowing them to return to their homes was the fault of the Israelis.
Homes?
Why do you think they wanted to return to the land of the Jews?
They tried AGAIN to take down Israel, three more wars to put it out. They failed.
The redugee problem grew.
Israel didn't want them because it was convenient. It couldn't provide for them all and it would have made the democratic voters balance a problem.
Do you think that at first they wanted to return to the land of the Jews? They were told horror stories about Israel killing and enslaving them all, making matzas out of their blood.
The Arabs that live here, about 1.25 million or so live here just fine. They benefit from living in a democratic country with welfare, while their brothers are stuck in Jordon, a monarchy, Lebanon - a giant clusterfuck, Egypt - which can't get on its feet and elect a leader since it's high on political rallies... the list goes on.
I was talking about the Palestinian refugees. If there is another large group of Arab refugees, I can't comment on that, since I don't know anything about it.

And in terms of your post to someone about nationalism - why on earth would you support nationalism? It's just a dangerous concept that is used to manipulate people. The only legitimate use for it is to inspire pride, but that invariably becomes excessive.

zabour

Apr 21, 2011
I'm of arabic origin but I'd like you to hear me out.

As a concept, I'm extremely against the idea of taking a chunk of land and giving it to a religious group. That's like if the USA game Mormons half of Norway; no way I would stand for that. They are welcome to travel to norway and become immigrants then later become a part of the norwegian society, but to simply take the land from the current rightful owners is something I'm against.

As for the people, they are people like everyone else. I cannot say I've ever met an Israeli, my mother used to work with one. She is from Iraq and so is her culture (unlike me) so I was both surprised and proud to hear that she actually got along with him pretty damn fine. As a conclusion for the people part; they're like everyone else. Flawd yet flawless in their own way.

I despise the government, though. With all the jews has gone through, you'd think they would treat others better than the way the Nazi treated them, but nooo~.

For me becoming friend with an Israeli would depend on his personality, like any other nationality. A good part of being a minority is realising how silly racism really is, lol.

Apr 15, 2009
TheIronRuler said:
It;s not funny because you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to the topic of Israel and "palestine".
well as far as I know it, it went something like this, the land of current day israel was owned by the british but mostly palestinians lived there then came zionism and a jews started going there en masse later the british etc decided to divide the country between the jews and the palestinians, the jews quickly declared independence and started their own country while the palestinians were like "fuck that shit we've lived here for a long time what right do they have to start a country here", then things got complex and a bunch of wars were fought and israel won all of them, now palestinians do want their own country but the jews don't want them to have one
and thats what I learned in history class, ofcourse I could be 100% wrong and it could have all been a conspiracy by lizard people to start a bunch of wars and entertain themselves but I don't have time to look it up

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Merkavar said:
TheIronRuler said:
None of the points you just made, to me justify taking someone eles land. they chose someone elses land cause it had religious meaning to them. that land as far as i know has meaning to every major monotheistic religion in the world.

the land may not have had any infastructure but it belonged to someone else. so can i go in and claim any empty land i want?

Anyway it jsut seems to me they could have been given a better homeland. i have no problem with them having a homeland but where they chose seems to ruffle to many feathers. couldnt they have been given an area in the UK or the US?
The land at the time was under-populated. Besides the great four sacred cities, there were no other cities besides one port town. That's it. The rest were agricultural villages.
Less than 100 thousand lived there at the time of the Turks, a mix of Jews and Muslims.
They carved their own land. The UN agreed on land that is suited for the Jews and for the Arabs. it decided the land almost equally (Jews got a large chunk of desert, but it's still desert)according to major population concentrations.
Most of the land belonged to no-one, it belonged to the Turks. It didn't belong to the Arabs because they didn't cultivate it. They could claim whatever they want but nobody gives a rats ass about investigating their claims.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Am I getting a bit tired of the whole religious debate between people who won't stop before everyone is dead? Yea.

Can I at least respect their willingness to openly be a twat? You bet.

It's rather refreshing to see a government that isn't going for the holier-than-thou act when everyone knows they're full of shit.

Bunnymarn

Oct 8, 2008
TheIronRuler said:
Bunnymarn said:
TheIronRuler said:
Bunnymarn said:
Oh, and why of all people did you have to go and assassinate Yitzhak Rabin? He was actually going to get something done with the whole conflict...
To this day the Oslo treaties are a piece of paper. The only thing present from the piece of paper are the security arrangements.
They're a piece of paper because he got assassinated before he could do anything and then the Lukid government with Benign came and pretty much just reversed everything Rabin was trying to do.
I do want to say something about the Rabin assassination.
The rabbies that incited the public against him were never judged.
Comparing that to how the police is over-compensating now and getting great rabbies locked up and questioned whenever the smallest thing arises, I think that it was intentional.
Disgusting, but it's here to show us that words can kill.
Israel has a memorial day for him every year.

It's good that Israel at least now acknowledges him and what he tried to do (I assume?). Although, I must say, his policy as Defence Minister was shocking. And the fact that they were never judged is... disheartening.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Bunnymarn said:
I was talking about the Palestinian refugees. If there is another large group of Arab refugees, I can't comment on that, since I don't know anything about it.

And in terms of your post to someone about nationalism - why on earth would you support nationalism? It's just a dangerous concept that is used to manipulate people. The only legitimate use for it is to inspire pride, but that invariably becomes excessive.
There is just one group of refugees, Palestinian.
About nationalism, it;s the same as Patriotism, which is loving your country.
That's all there is to it. Nationalism is just a group which is one big loving family, whether it may be France, Spain, Cuba or Japan - they all have their national pride and they all feel they are a part of a nation.
That's nationalism. It isn't dangerous. When it's turned to - "my race is better than yours" ala Imperial Japan, THEN it is bad.

Blue_vision

Elite Member
Mar 31, 2009
I really like Israel as a place and an idea. The whole levantine region is top on my list of places to visit. It seems beautiful, and I actually love the idea of a Jewish homeland.

That said, the government of Israel needs to change how it's going about its business. That "Jewish homeland" needs to be a joint homeland for both the Jews and Palestinians, no apartheid state. And I think that'd make it an even better, even more beautiful country.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I don't give a damn about this.

Though I do hate my OWN nation's tendency to bend over backwards for them.

Israel deserves NO special treatment and when they commit acts of terror against civilians they should be punished for it.

starkiller212

Dec 23, 2010
Bunnymarn's post on page 2 was the best answer by far IMO, and he put it far better than I ever could.
TheIronRuler, please stop talking about it as if it's black and white ('everything is the Arabs' own fault!'), and being a bully on this thread. Just because some religious Jews wanted to live by Jerusalem does not mean that they had any right to settle there, your "nationalist movement" point is bullshit--the Palestinians ALREADY LIVED THERE. It's as absurd as if American Catholics suddenly just moved into the Vatican and demanded that they get to share the area. Sure, the UN made it legal, but that doesn't make it right. Israel has since committed many acts of dubious legality at best in the name of national defense, so I'm sure you're not a stickler for the law anyway. (I realize that this applies to many countries, including the US and most of Israel's enemies. I don't agree with them either)

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
6037084 said:
TheIronRuler said:
It;s not funny because you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to the topic of Israel and "palestine".
well as far as I know it, it went something like this, the land of current day israel was owned by the british but mostly palestinians lived there then came zionism and a jews started going there en masse later the british etc decided to divide the country between the jews and the palestinians, the jews quickly declared independence and started their own country while the palestinians were like "fuck that shit we've lived here for a long time what right do they have to start a country here", then things got complex and a bunch of wars were fought and israel won all of them, now palestinians do want their own country but the jews don't want them to have one
and thats what I learned in history class, ofcourse I could be 100% wrong and it could have all been a conspiracy by lizard people to start a bunch of wars and entertain themselves but I don't have time to look it up
You have some facts right.
The UN offered a plan to divide the land into two - One for Palestinians, the other for Jews.
Arabs didn't agree on it, and there was NOT SOLUTION even after the British left (They had a time limit on their mandate). So instead of waiting for them being slaughtered, the Jews declared their own country in the original borders drawn by the UN.
At first there were only pockets of resistance, as most of the original territory wasn't under their control. Then won the war and took what was rightfully (by the UN) theirs. That's the '48 war of independence.
There were more wars in which the Arabs ganged up on Israel and together tried to eliminate it, again. They failed and Israel took land. It took land from Egypt (Sinai Peninsula) and they got a peace treaty. Same with Jordon. They took the Golan Heights as a strategic buffer zone between Syria and Israel.
If you have any other questions, ask away.

aei_haruko

Jun 12, 2011
B.U.C.K said:
I saw the question on Germany so I thought what the hell..
How do all of you gamers out there feel about my homeland?

..I get a feeling that this will controversial..
No matter what, I love you guys and please give your honest opinion..I am just curious

Cheers
I support it's right to exist, something I have seen that the palestinians don't. Therefore, I believe your country is in the right, and that the palestinians have no good reason to attack you guys.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
If you have any other questions, ask away.
What about the lizard people? lol
Nice to see someone know their facts right in this thread.

I'm just waiting for the UN to give the Palestine people a country and see take over it after a week.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Eh, my brother's name is Israel and I'm completely fine with him as well.