Poll: Does People Playing Music Loud In Public Annoy You?

reiem531

Aug 26, 2009
God, have these people never heard of headphones? You know, just once, I'd like to hear someone blasting some Led Zeppelin instead of just playing the same shit like Tik Tok and that one song that just goes RA RA RARA RA RA, RARA RA RA RARA for 5 minutes. I wouldn't mind it as much if they played The Who or something. You know, music that's actually GOOD.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
zenfox3 said:
Deadlock Radium said:
If it is Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus or other mainstream crap, I'll go and punch that person in the face.
If it's rap or hiphop, I'll punch the person in the face.
If it's metal, jazz, classical or rock I'll high five the person.

That's it.
*high fives you*
*High fives back*

:D

But seriously, pop and mainstream music out loud from either a phone or headset (Or sound system) makes me rage.
That's why I silently listen to metal with my earplugs from Sennheiser, no one except me hears my music, and I don't hear theirs, everyone is happy.

Jun 13, 2009
Generally should someone be willing to play loud music I don't like within my vicinity I will counter it with music of my own. When you're a metalhead, you have a pretty big arsenal of music that just craves to be played loud. Sure, it get's you some seriously angry looks as well as increased threat of knife holes appearing on your person should you do it around a chav, but it's well worth it.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Yes, especially if they blast it out of their cars or turn the bas up too high, we all know you have radio now shut up

jonnosferatu

Mar 29, 2009
Yes. If I can wear headphones to listen to Opeth, you can bloody well put yours on to listen to...whatever the fuck it is you're listening to. This also applies to obnoxious roommates who don't feel as though they're making proper use of their expensive speaker systems (which they shouldn't have brought here in the first place given the theft odds and how often they leave the door unlocked) if they don't play at least one hour of music per day.

Hobo Joe

Aug 4, 2009
The obnoxious little rays of sunshine from Satan's bosom who constantly play awful techno/rap music on public transport through awful phone speakers annoys me to no end.

No offence to listeners of techno or rap it's just that most of these people play that sort of music.

Iznat

Feb 13, 2010
I hate it. Pre-teens here have an awful habit of playing very loud, very bad, music on the bus. Last thing I want to hear at 7am, thanks.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Depends on the place. I don't mind so much if it's someone in a car, but it annoys me on a bus or train. I also have a guy up the corridor play music loudly day in day out in my student residence which is pissing me off.

Dark Link

Jul 27, 2009
It isn't usually the music that bothers me (usually! I make an exception to annoying dance music, which is what Scottish neds, the main culprits, usually play), it's the fact that they have the arrogance to play it loud in the first place. They have no consideration for anyone else, and they usually do it to say "Yeah, check me, I'm getting away with annoying everyone". yet when someone asks them politely to turn it off, they immediately attack them and accuse them of hating their music. These people think that it's the music that annoys passers-by, but it isn't the music: it's the people themselves.

AngryPuppy

Feb 18, 2010
pantsoffdanceoff said:
Yes, it's fucking obnoxious, it's why we have headphones, especially if it's just a bunch of profanities strung together.
What he said. I live in the city so if I try and sit out front to enjoy the day and smoke a cig all the cars with that annoying ass music blaring makes me want to blow their cars up. Also Motorcycles and cars with extremely loud mufflers make me see red. Have some respect.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
It really irritates me, especially on the bus, which is why I always take my ipod pretty much everywhere I go. One memorable time though, I was on a bus going to Huddersfield and there was a guy and a bunch of his friends listening to rap on a phone, and they were annoying the whole bus. Anyway, this guy goes "I've had enough of this!" and takes the phone off the guy and throws it out of the window to a round of applause from everyone else. Extreme? Yes. Funny? Again, yes (at least imo).

Jory

Dec 16, 2009
If it's in their car, then that's fair enough, it's their space. Same as being in your own house.

Just out in the street or whatever is stupid though.