Poll: Favourite Melee weapon

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Axes make my dick rock hard.

There's always something about a weighted axhead being swung that makes me cringe in a way no other weapon does.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
Swords, of course. :)

I even have a small collection. Though it's been awhile since I've gotten a new one.

loudmadman

Nov 22, 2011
with the options present, I'd go with the spear. However, I prefer the staff because I'm a believer of "the best offence is a good defence". Also, the range is always welcome in a melee fight

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
IRL: flails. I actually have a real one in my room (currently just for decoration).

In games, lightning claws from WH40k.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
You forgot "Maul", but i guess the way id use them they would count as ranged....

I guess i'll go with a Mace. While a sword is classic and a flail is pretty, a Mace just has the right feel to it. Its refined enough for a Knight to carry, but brutish enough for even the most hardened barbarian.

Its a way of saying "i love you", without all the blood spurting, organ gutting.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
i'm going to go with knife, because whenever i think of the most badass person i can make up at the moment, he usually has a small but very sharp knife that he can pull out and surgically strike a few organs with and re-sheathe it before anyone knows what the fuck.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009

Too bad there's no one handed warhammer in Skyrim. Come on creation kit, release already xD.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I'm going with... the broom. Nothing like a good broom beat-down. Doubly good if you shout "it's time to clean up" before rushing into battle or something equally as bad.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
Swords. Claymores, katanas, falchions, scimitars, basically anything with a long sharp edge or two. Although I'd probably end up using a longsword most the time. Something sturdy and well balanced. Second vote would go to halberds, as that's the category that things such as glaives and naginata would fall under. Not very practical sometimes, but hey: blade on a stick.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I would say a crowbar.
but with the poll Morning Star/Flail due to Castlevania (the fully upgraded Vampire Killer looks more like a Morning star with a long chain then a whip)

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
Maces...Nothin' but down right dirty, heavy, bone crushing, fun. And they are by far the most effective type of weapon against all armour types.

Jan 27, 2011
Halberd/Partisan

It's has long reach, can be used to stab or slash and can be REALLY strong. That way, you can be in the melee range without being in the enemy's attack range.

However, I would probably keep a lightweight sword around as well, in case I need speed.

bertster

Jan 15, 2012
Cowabungaa said:
you sir have good taste.
As a fencer that would be the kind of weapon i'd go for.
i would prefer a nice pistol grip instead of that handle though. Get better point control.