Poll: Favourite Melee weapon

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
I'm gonna go with Axes on this one.
Why choose between a mace and a sword when I can have the best of both?

Guardian of Nekops

May 25, 2011
Swords probably edge out axes for me, but only just. They allow a level of elegance that just can't be given with an axe.

Then again, if you're already inelegant thanks to massive amounts of armor... might as well go axe. ^^

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
There's no "other" option so I'll just post my favourite, The Quarterstaff, partly because Donatello uses it in TMNT, and if I had to choose a second favourite, a great-sword.

ConstantErasing

Sep 26, 2011
Usually swords or daggers for me, since I like faster weapons. That and swords are just cool. However, if you were talking Runescape then it would have to be a halberd.

etherlance

Apr 1, 2009
I'd say my favorite weapon would be a magical pink little unicorn that shoots deadly rainbow lasers out of it's arse........but where the hell are we ever gonna find that huh?

So I'll give a shout out to the trusty spear......because nothing says "You're gonna Die" better than a knife tied to the end of a stick.

However my favorite weapons are the Rapiers so I guess untill someone designs a unicorn rainbow arse rapier tied to the shaft of a spear for me, I'll vote for the swords.

Thistlehart

Nov 10, 2010
Joccaren said:
FalloutJack said:
The crowbar, of course.

Hey, I live in THIS century.
Definitely the Crowbar. I don't know why it wasn't an option, but it is the most common weapon you'll find these days in the general public area, and has numerous practical uses too. Add to that HALF LIFE and you have win.
That would be a mace, then. For ultimately a mace is nothing more than a well-made metal club. A crowbar is not much different.

OT:
I'm voting mace (specifically the modern 3lb. crescent wrench variety), because it's fun to go clubbing.

Draitheryn

Jan 20, 2010
Glaive really, i guess its kinda close to halberd or spear, but not quite. I also I like maces if I can dual wield em. Just something about that blunt, skull-crushing impact that makes me tingle inside.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Daverson said:
Spetsnaz shovel.

Looks innocent enough, doesn't it? Pretty much a modern-day battle-axe though. I've heard you can split a man's head clean in half with one of these though. Plus, it can be thrown! Plus, it's a shovel! Plus, you can fry eggs on it... I don't like eggs, but I imagine if I did, that'd be advantageous.
Why like this one right here?
I agree it is pretty impressive, not the best though.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Nothing beats a good knife or a lightweight sword, alot of control and alot of speed. Better if duel wielded

aoi287

Jan 25, 2010
It may sound kind of boring, but there's something gratifying about taking down a gun-wielding enemy with nothing but bare fists.

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
Anything that could also be used as a tool. Axes, hammers, knives, that sort of thing. If it's only good for one thing - harming dudes - it seems somehow to be a bit of a waste. Spears deserve an honorable mention though, as they were such a huge gamechanger historically.

CrazyJew

Sep 18, 2011
The one that is a melee weapon only as a secondary function of its stock - the assault rifle.

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
I picked axe, with sword a very close second, because that's what I actually use when I take the field in reenactment

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
That's easy: a good old-fashioned hunting knife. Because then you can do this:

It's just an efficient weapon, overall.

Failing that, I gotta go with the bo staff.

Light 086

Feb 10, 2011
Penetrator from Saints Row 3... what?

It's great because it adds insult to injury, to be killed by it would be humiliating.

But if we are going for realism then probably a Katana, I love their elegant yet lethal design.