Poll: Favourite Melee weapon

Pharsalus

Jun 16, 2011
Sword, it's all about the flexibility, and the symbolism. Most weapons are derived from tools or hunting implements, but the sword is useless as a tool, it's made to kill.

AndyRock

Dec 22, 2009
I seem to be a minority that I love flails and morningstars, nothing like crushing skulls in with a morning star (in a game ofcourse), and a flail is just a morningstar that you can swing like a maniac and have a much higher chance in hurting yourself than an enemy.

Havok2099

Aug 24, 2011
Swords, or more specifically sabre's and rapiers, I just can't stop loving the general appearance of them.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Fan of axes, always have been, but recently I've started enjoying maces as well. Crowbar goes without saying.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
PocketMon said:
Real men, fight with their fists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZeD40Rg8A

MANLY MEN!
....ATATATATATATATATATATATTATATATATATATATATATATATATTATATATATTATATATATATATATATAT ATTATAATATATATATATATATATATATTATATATATATATATAT ATATATATATATATATATATA... God I love that show.

OT: Unarmed. Just seems manly. Runner up is the Rapier because I take fencing. Now that I think about it, it'd be easy to do the ATATA-*cough* with a rapier as well.

daemon37

Oct 14, 2009
This poll is flawed. The best melee weapon is not an option. This is the best melee weapon:

SteakHeart said:
Chainsword. Couple that with a Bolt Pistol and I'm set.
No, just no. They are completely impractical weapons, and as such they do not and never will exist. If you were to strike a target with such a weapon it would fly right out of their hands. Modern chainsaws are designed to prevent this, as they have a grip on the back to counteract the forward thrust. Also, Warhammer sucks.

guitarsniper

Mar 5, 2011
In terms of being awesome, probably a sword or an axe. in terms of what i'd actually carry with me, either a machete or a decent-sized claw hammer--good bludgeon, can pierce through stuff, relatively light and small for the amount of damage it can do, and can even be thrown to some level of effectiveness as a last resort.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Swords, because I am boring and uncreative. Also because they are just awesome. :D

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Naginata is interesting to me. I enjoy the combination of staff and blade and think it works well as both a defensive and offensive weapon.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Axes, mainly hatchets, I practise escrima, they work REAL good for it, also you can cut wood with a hatchet, good as a survival tool and a weapon.
I would have 2 of them...

Whit

Jan 25, 2010
Gotta go with the axe, gravity does the work for you, it smashes armor, it tears through flesh and bone alike, and you can throw them pretty damn well. Plus I want to make my Viking ancestors proud.

RamirezDoEverything

Jan 31, 2010
The spear is an art..

Behind shields, they are invincible
Thrown, they are magnificent
Jammed through an enemy's chest?
Priceless.