Nope, no title.
Apr 11, 2010
F-I-D-O said:
*steps on box
Being a republican...
*dodges tomatoes
That was uncalled for.
*Steps down from box
Look, I'm fine with some of fox news reporting. Yes, they have an obvious bias. So does EVERYTHING else. That said, I completely ignore their video game news group, which needs to get a new brain cell, their only one is wearing away fast.
Custer's Revenge was (thankfully) a LONG time ago. Let's move on, Fox video game division.
It's like Rush Limbaugh. He's not the devil people think he is, if you take the time to read his work, he is not nearly as crazy as EVERYTHING makes him out to be.
Fox isn't the best, but they are by far not the worst.
For any news outlet, you should double check stories. I trust very little without multiple sources, and I like comparing viewpoints between Fox, NBC, and CNN.
*makes mental note to avoid quote messages in the inbox for a while
Ugh. Just opened myself to a shit storm here, didn't I?
Ninja'd

thanks for saying that so i didnt have too.

Every news outlet has a bias of some form or another...Fox just happens to be one for the few that happen to be conservative.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
GeorgW said:
But at the same time you'd get all the democrats with you. And you'd do it skilfully of course. Not just scream swearwords, but actually convince them why they're all assholes. Besides, anyone could do it. What does Joe plumber have to lose?
Then you Ostracize your Republican gamers and make the social statement that you are Democrat and support its ideas (even if you dont). Politics is a dangerous game, and the further you are from it, the happier you become. Also, Fox news is the home for the Conservative movement in America, so there are democrats that occasionally come on, but only to either completely agree like sheep or be blasted out of the water when trying to make an educated argument. So you would be ostracizing the Repblicans, then Ostracizing the conservative Democrats (ones that go against Obama, which most are if they wnat to keep their jobs) and thats like 3/4s of a nation.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
F-I-D-O said:
*steps on box
Being a republican...
*dodges tomatoes
That was uncalled for.
*Steps down from box
Look, I'm fine with some of fox news reporting. Yes, they have an obvious bias. So does EVERYTHING else. That said, I completely ignore their video game news group, which needs to get a new brain cell, their only one is wearing away fast.
Custer's Revenge was (thankfully) a LONG time ago. Let's move on, Fox video game division.
It's like Rush Limbaugh. He's not the devil people think he is, if you take the time to read his work, he is not nearly as crazy as EVERYTHING makes him out to be.
For any news outlet, you should double check stories. I trust very little without multiple sources, and I like comparing viewpoints between Fox, NBC, and CNN.
Hopefully you won't get a shit storm. I said in the OP that I wanted to hear positive things about Fox News as well. Can you give us some examples of things they've handled well?

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Someone was said (I think it was me) that Fox News isn't a news source anymore, it's a collection of shock jocks.

The really sad thing? Their ratings. That says so many bad things about my fellow countrymen that I'm seriously tempted to immigrate to another country... Just not sure where. Italy sounds nice.

Wharrgarble

Jun 22, 2010
Fox News won the right to lie in court.

They got the "a-okay!" to deliberately misinform the general public by claiming the First Amendment gave them the ability, nay, the RIGHT, to do so.

How could anyone willingly believe anything they have to say after that?

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
BreakfastMan said:
I love Fox News. They are always good for a laugh. That Bulletstorm thing? I found it hilarious. It really brightened up my day. I am just wierd like that.
While I enjoy them as well, it's the fact that some take them seriously that scares the fuck out of me.

Xvito said:
Fox news is a group of incredibly talented manipulators that twist media in their own favor.

Bill O'Reilly doesn't believe a word he's saying; he's a smart guy. He's just doing it to trick people. The people at Fox News have one task, and that is to control those who watch it and to form their opinions for them.

Stop raging about Fox News' supposed ignorance and stupidity; they know what they're doing. And they're GOOD at it.
And that doesn't scare you?? Besides, if they, through cleverness, spread stupidity, then they are stupid. Do you see my logic?

Icyheart said:
There are no words in the English language that can accurately describe the fullest extent of my deepest loathing for that pathetic excuse for a news channel! I thought I could say "live and let live" until I saw that bit about Mass Effect, which convinced me wholeheartedly that Fox News can fuck off and die horribly!(Yes, I know I am being unreasonable, but seriously! For all of its flaws, you just! Don't! Insult! Mass Effect!) And this other piece about Bulletstorm producing rapists? Seriously! What the hell?
Welcome to the escapist, stay out of my basement!
Did you really create an account just to post in my thread?

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
GeorgW said:
But at the same time you'd get all the democrats with you. And you'd do it skilfully of course. Not just scream swearwords, but actually convince them why they're all assholes. Besides, anyone could do it. What does Joe plumber have to lose?
Then you Ostracize your Republican gamers and make the social statement that you are Democrat and support its ideas (even if you dont). Politics is a dangerous game, and the further you are from it, the happier you become. Also, Fox news is the home for the Conservative movement in America, so there are democrats that occasionally come on, but only to either completely agree like sheep or be blasted out of the water when trying to make an educated argument. So you would be ostracizing the Repblicans, then Ostracizing the conservative Democrats (ones that go against Obama, which most are if they wnat to keep their jobs) and thats like 3/4s of a nation.
I don't think any republican gamers could possibly watch Fox News.
And so what if you ostracize 3/4 of the country, 1/4 will see you as a hero, 3/4 never deserved you in the first place and you'd do a good deed for the good of the world. How is that bad?

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
I'd say that if Fox News drops all of it's bullshit pretenses and admits to being nothing more than the public relations wing of the GOP i wouldn't be so harsh towards it...
...but i'd be lying, and Fox News does enough of that as is. Not to mention it's personalities Hannity, Beck, and O'Reily. If Fox News it taken off air as soon as i post this, it still would be too late a reaction. People might say that is taking it too far, but Fox News has caused a lot of damage. Without Fox News help, i doubt the Bush family would have installed their mentally retarded spawn W into the presidents seat.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
Fox, CNN, NBC, they're all ultra biased and barely worth taking the time to pay attention to. Just a bunch of worthless talking heads who's sole purpose is to convince easily manipulated morons to believe what they say.

May they all die in a fire.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
Woodsey said:
I like how yo ucant post on those videos. He disabled his comments.
Really? I think they were enabled when I saw them last week.

They were all full of either abuse, or people explaining just how the moon, tides and planets work xD

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Fox has problems with journalistic integrity, particularly as regards videogames. They are, nonetheless, of at least some value in balancing the media teeter-totter - they aren't balanced on their own, but taken in conjunction with such sterling examples of journalistic even-handedness as MSNBC, they do some good.

bodyguarddied

Oct 25, 2009
F-I-D-O said:
*steps on box
Being a republican...
*dodges tomatoes
That was uncalled for.
*Steps down from box
At the risk of being shot at, tarred and feathered, and/or having a mortar strike called on me, I'm going to agree with you. On pretty much anything. I was going to make a post, but you completely ninja'd me on just about everything there.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
GeorgW said:
AH! An idealist. well, thats good, I'm glad to see their are still people like you around.

Unofrtunately, companies like money. So its better to let Fox news have their little tantrum and then move on, cause most people wont care what fox news has to say. But turn it into a political battle and EVERYONE will care, cause then its gaming going against something.

But lets put it aother way. Assume you, (or your parents, if you live with them) suddenly told your manager they liked the colour blue, when he liked the colour purple (who insists everyone not wear blue and that blue is evil). you/they then proceed to fight this and eventual the head people hear, and decide they'll pay you on the basis of people who think you're right. So you/they suddenly get paid 1/4 of your salary.

yeah, doesnt work in the home, and it would drive EA under.

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
GeorgW said:
Xvito said:
Fox news is a group of incredibly talented manipulators that twist media in their own favor.

Bill O'Reilly doesn't believe a word he's saying; he's a smart guy. He's just doing it to trick people. The people at Fox News have one task, and that is to control those who watch it and to form their opinions for them.

Stop raging about Fox News' supposed ignorance and stupidity; they know what they're doing. And they're GOOD at it.
And that doesn't scare you?? Besides, if they, through cleverness, spread stupidity, then they are stupid. Do you see my logic?
You have presented no logic [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic]. This is making it hard for me to "see" it.

Also, I never said anything about whether it scares me or not. Of course it scares me that people listen to their lies. However, there needs to be a clear distinction between stupidity and what Fox News is doing. Fox News spread lies; they deceive people. They are, however, extremely well educated (I would presume), so that they know what to say and when. Take Bill O'Reilly for example; what you see in videos is just an act, a show, a trickery. They are not stupid; they are just bad people.

Jatal Khyron

Jun 22, 2010
OK, first things first.

Going after Fox News about their video game stories is an easy out. A cheap shot. Hillary Clinton and Joe Lieberman did it for years before Fox News ever became the giant it is now, only you didn't hear as much about them as much as you hear about Fox News now. Why is that, I wonder?

Let me state for those who are ready to flame me into the 10th level of hell that I am an avid gamer. Have been for over 30 years. I owned the Atari 2600 before it was CALLED the 2600. I used to mail in pics of my Activision game scores to get the patches to sew on my jacket. I am also a conservative that watches Fox News and listens to Rush Limbaugh on a semi-regular basis. That pedigree allows me to say with no reservation that 90% of the BS you hear about FNC (Fox News Channel), and the rest is just that, BS.

The best way to vilify your ideological opponents is to take their quotes out of context. Sure, I chuckle and shake my head when I see a story on FNC about how Mass Effect or GTA part whatever is destroying our youth, but when I see CLEARLY taken out of context quotes used by the hard left to justify their reasons for Rush not being allowed to buy the St. Louis Rams last year really fried my bacon. They knew exactly what they were doing. They shouted it from the rooftops, and the general public just lapped it up, because it neatly fell into line with what they've been spoon-fed for years about who he is supposed to be.

I've never, in all my years of listening to his show, heard Rush Limbaugh say anything seriously racist, sexist, or homophobic. But you could easily take any of his media tweaks (where he pokes fun at the ultra sensitive, ultra-PC left) or out-of-context quotes and post them up for the world to see as gospel. Did he say it? Yes. But without the proper context, you don't know the whole story. You just get a kernel of it that fits the agenda of his philosophical enemies.

The same goes for FNC. I don't agree with everything said on the O'Reilly Factor, Hannity, and so forth, but you have to remember that those are opinion-based shows. Not news in the true definition of the word. Keith Olberman on MSNBC, Bill Maher, and others of their ideological bent are often times MUCH worse in their vilification of the right than the other way around. As for the news stories, the media in general for decades has been blowing things out of proportion. That's hardly new, nor is it solely done by FNC. Take the American Tea Party movement, for instance. It's not a monolithic entity, but their opponents would like you to think they are. They aren't a bunch of racist, sexist, gay-bashing rednecks. But the left wants you to believe that. Why? Simple.

Because if they successfully tar and feather any of the above as such, then you won't listen to what they have to say.

It's the oldest trick in the book, folks. Try to remember that.

So the next time you see a story about how Fox is the most evil thing invented since Crystal Pepsi, remember the source, remember the motivation of the writer, and most of all, remember for every Fox News, there is an MSNBC. For every Rush Limbaugh, there is a Michael Moore. For every liberal, there is a conservative. It's called the free debate of ideas.

Now bring on the flames. I'm a big boy.

Coraxian

Jul 22, 2010
Not being american, I'm sure the only times I've seen stuff from Fox news must have been from their worst moments, but from what I've seen I opted for "they need to burn in hell".

From what I've seen I can only conclude that the existence of this "news" network has a negative effect on the world from my viewpoint. And mainly by feeding ignorance and nationalism.

That gives them a one way ticket to hell in my book.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
F-I-D-O said:
Thing is, none of the American news outlets are very reliable... :/

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Woodsey said:
Ah, cuase thats what I was gonna post. XD Mostly I was just going to ask how a planet like Mars with Two moons and shares our sun doesnt have the sun or moon.