Poll: Guys: would you give up your seat on the last lifeboat to women and children?

SirDerick

Nov 9, 2009
Playing Justine in Amnesia taught me a valuable lesson about myself.

If it ever comes to the zombie apocalypse, I'm tripping you.

So no, they can kiss my behind.

DudeD1020

Dec 8, 2010
Honestly no, not even taking a moment to think about it. There is nothing, I mean nothing a small child is good for at sea. That rules out children. I wouldn't give my seat up for a woman or man because no matter how you try to sugar coat it everyone is a dick. The only possible way I would give up my seat is in exchange for a loaded and working gun. The reason for the gun, I will shoot myself before freezing to death or drowning.
For Equality!

Flare Phoenix

Dec 18, 2009
Why is my life, as a male, worth any less than someone elses purely because they have a vagina instead of a penis?

flamingjimmy

Jan 11, 2010
I really don't know, I'd give up my place for a child but I really don't know if I'd give up my seat for a woman who's a stranger to me. I'm a true believer in equality of the sexes but there are certainly protective instincts towards women that might come to the fore. Hopefully I'll never have to find out.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
I'm not real good at forcing my way into or onto things. I like to wait until there isn't a crowd. So if you call that "giving up a seat," then yeah.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
As a women and (during this post) a feminist all I an say is I'm glad to see people thinking modernly. Go equality!

I wouldn't give up my seat either, even for a kid. I hate kids.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
I wouldn't have a seat in the first place, because I'm going last. This, of course, assuming I'd ever board a vessel with insufficient lifeboat capacity.

TitanGear

Apr 11, 2011
Strangely enough, if I gave up my seat the women on the boat would be pissed at ME for being on the boat to begin with. --__-- The woman that got my seat would be thankful and then join the fellow women eyeballing the attractive men they want on the boat.

Or if its a child they could sit on my shoulders and wave to the people freaking out and dying horribly as I sing "I'm on a Boat".

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
I'm a pansy- I'd only do it if everyon was pressuring me to do it but if there wasn't any pressure or consequences for leavng them tehre istead of me(except for them dying) I would totally jump on the boat.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
How about this... they can sit on my lap. It will be weird and uncomfortable for everyone, but I would rather be uncomfortable then dead.

Samuel Adams

Apr 16, 2009
Technically, at 14, I am a child. So I don't know how that would work. If I was I older I would most likely give my spot to a child, but be a bit more reluctant towards a woman, unless she was caring for a baby.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
If I would be breaking up a family then probably, also if it was a mother and her baby, but a women / child, probably not. They don't have any intrinsic greater right to life than I do, and we don't have time to weigh up who did more good / less bad.

I don't see how a child would be alone though, so if a child was trying to get on they'd have likely followed a relative, and this would become immediately apparent when someone starts being hysterical next to me.

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
There is no way in hell I would give it up to a women. If I was older. As in 30+ I may give it to a child.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I would be willing to give my seat away. My decision isn't just because they are women and children but also for other reasons. I would be willing to give my life so that more than one other person may survive. Also, I don't really put too much value on my life so I would be willing to give my seat away to men as well.

Also, I'm pretty good at swimming, so I may have a better chance of surviving, especially if I'm able to grab onto some floating debris or whatever.

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
If it was my partner and child then definitely they would get my seat. For a stranger it would be a little more complicated, if they were a mother and child then yes they would get my seat as the child should get a chance at life and needs someone to care for them but if it was just a woman on her own then she can wait her turn like everyone else. Just have to hope nobody does the whole grab a separated child and pretend their yours to get a seat crap like the guy in the movie did.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
As many before me have said, why should a woman be anymore important simply because they are a woman? That's equality for ya, an adult is an adult no matter what gender. Children come first, however if it was a mother/father and her child then that's different (I would never make a child an orphan). I can understand the whole survival thing but why do some people here need to sound like such selfish assholes with their replies? What makes you so important?