Poll: Has Naruto gone too far now?

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
GloatingSwine said:
Chibz said:
Unborn023 said:
great point... but fuck at least its better than bleach
fucking DBZ wannabe
Let's not forget that DBZ is just the mutant, horrible offspring of the original Dragon Ball.
Remember that there was no distinction in the manga, and the only difference is that there was a different name for the new season when they started animating the Freiza arc.

The point is true though. No matter what ideals a shonen manga writer has when he or she starts writing, once it gets fed into the giant shonen manga sausage machine, what comes out the other end is Dragonball.
The DBZ anime is only VERY LOOSELY based on the second half of the manga. So loosely, in fact, that it can barely be considered in the same series. Very tastelessly done.

And yes, every shonen manga comes out DBZ.

PrimeSynergy

Aug 24, 2008
I'm a huge fan, but I'm also sick of it. It's odd, I know.

I'm absolutely sick at how blatantly bad they try to drag everything out.

*Spoiler filled rant* Ok, her kills Pain and everything is fine now right? All he has to do is take down Sasuke and Madara/Tobi right? Nope, apparently Danzo still has a role to play. My problem with that is they NEVER spent enough time flushing out Danzo to make him a relevant character. It's like "remember this guy? yeah we mentioned him a few times, but now some shiz is about to go down and he's suddenly important!" He feels like a tacked on character. Nothing about him is interesting, but I KNOW, based on how things have gone so far, that they will drag out his story as long as humanly possible.*End of rant*

At this point I'm reading because I've stuck with it so long and I wanna know what happens. And I'm curious what's going to go down between Sakura and Naruto. I can only hope they do something else to grab my attention like the good old days when I first started reading.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
maybe,after it left toobnami,I just stopped watching the anime.I read the manga via shonen jump,but other than that I kinda wiped my hands clean in '08

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
I never watched it. Just always seemed a bit silly that it was about some ninja assassin who always wore bright fucking orange. Real discrete ninja clothing there naruto...

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
LornMind said:
My friend keeps me posted on what happens. That's about it. I only care about Hinata and Naruto's relationship really, and then a small amount as to what's actually going on.

Disliking something because it's too popular on the other hand, that's a little...I dunno...whiny? Just my opinion.
>.>

/whisper Me to /endwhisper

BAH! IT WENT TO FAR WHEN IT BEGAN, BECAUSE ITS BAD AND STUFF!

Akira Pilot

Jul 9, 2008
If You want to get into shonen manga, start with Dragonball, then work your way up to Deathnote, One Piece, and Bleach. Now for seinen start with Akira. I hope that you will not be disappointed. After that work your way up to Beserk, Gantz then Blood+. But Akira is where you should begin.

BTW I just wanted to let you know that Beserk is still going on for 25 years and it's story is still going on strong as well. But it is still in Hiatus.

RichardMNixon

May 27, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
Less crying? Wut? Do you even watch/read One Piece? Every character has cried at least once...
Yup, once. That's why I said less. I was comparing it to Naruto, who as far as I can tell cries as a hobby.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
And to everyone:

[HEADING=1]One Piece has been going on for 12 years and is still going.[/HEADING]
And its still Fracking Awesome!

I used to watch naruto in its dubbed version. I dont anymore because it became something to burn time on, not enjoy.

Wolfboy0311

Apr 25, 2009
ive watched naruto for a bit now, the first bit was pretty bad, but i kinda got into it ltr on in the series, i also like bleach, ghost in the shell and fullmetal alchemist. i dont really like it when people sit there and crap on naruto, its pretty obnoxious, i hate dragonball z, but IF they took naruto and er, killed hi or something then replaced him with one of the srpport characters, then it would be cool, i watch ed in in japanese and he never said "Believe it!", i think that was just a filler for when theres space left when they translate japanese to english... but if u want to know i dont like dragonballz becuz battles are ALWAYS the same. Ex. one guy flies at another guy and throws about 1.2 million punches in half a second and this repeats till then fly in opposite directions, rip their shirts by flexing their highly over masculine muscles, and yell at the top of their lungs while making a ball of glowing stuff.. then they try to hit eachother with that ball... thats basially it.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
I've never really cared for Naruto. I don't HATE it, but it's...eh. The original Dragonball though, that was some good shit.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
RichardMNixon said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Less crying? Wut? Do you even watch/read One Piece? Every character has cried at least once...
Yup, once. That's why I said less. I was comparing it to Naruto, who as far as I can tell cries as a hobby.
I said at least once. Luffy has cried at least like a bunch of times in this series, while Naruto has barely cried at all, he just starts monologuing about how he understands how people feel because of his past.

Hell I can't even believe we just had this conversation.
RavingPenguin said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
And to everyone:

[HEADING=1]One Piece has been going on for 12 years and is still going.[/HEADING]
And its still Fracking Awesome!

I used to watch naruto in its dubbed version. I dont anymore because it became something to burn time on, not enjoy.
Oy, the dubbed version? Life is cruel.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
I thought the official stance was that it didn't exist. SooooOOoooo..... *Sticks fingers in ears* La la la, Im not listening. One Piece is awesome! La la la, I cant hear you, la la la.

Pm0n3y

An emaciated shadow
Jul 29, 2009
Unborn023 said:
My god the English version took a knife and stabbed the show in the cut and made it unbearably sickening to any fan of the manga. The voice acting in English is terrible on top of that. The show is fine in Japanese (well the fillers are annoying as fuck and a waste of everybody's time) but I really had no clue why a show about ninjas was put on cartoon network (they basically shifted target audience from teenagers to 7 year olds) I can't wait to see the crap they try to pull out their ass when Shippuden hits the west.
Well they dubbed the first four episodes (the first one is free) on itunes. it's still the same. i'll note that Naruto has a slightly deeper voice, and says "hell" once but that's about it.
if they kept in all the cursing from the manga and japanese versions, then it would work, but i doubt they'll go that direction.

Sakaiyuji

Aug 30, 2009
My personal opinion is that it started to go downhill after the English dub started. I think Masashi Kishimoto knew that his audience was changing from 14 year old Japanese girls screaming "KAWAIIII!" at the top of their lungs and Americans who wish they were, to the general cartoon-network watching cretins, and therefore changed the overall tone of the series. Nothing against English dubs in particular, by the way. The series was never great, but it just got worse over time.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Are you actually caught up( with the manga, not anime)? If so...I don't think it's gone too far, I think it took too long to get where it is. But to each his own I guess...