Poll: High School was...

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
I get the feeling that there's a massive cultural difference between Australian schools and American ones, because asfar as I can tell from tv and movies - probably not the mow accurate sources, I'll admit - they seem utterly different. Senior school is fun, most of the teachers are great, and I'm having a good time. My school is obsessed with religion, but even that isn't too bad, and it's easy enough to ignore, after a while.

Unchained_M

Jul 7, 2010
I enjoy the after high school period to be honest. It's so much more awesome and people are so much more mellow. Stuff that whole growing, emotional stuff.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
High School was lifes way of apologizing to me for the agonizing suicide desiring hell fire that was grade school.

I had friends, (and even 2 knew me well!), I was popular, but in a geek way. And girls found me attractive. All in all, high school was good. I was no star quarterback, but damn it I was somebody and it was nice.

lafemmemorte

Nov 26, 2011
Seeing as I was frequently set upon by kids I didn't even know and seeing as my teachers were rather afraid of the underclass kids whilst sucking up to the rich kids, I was singled out for being lower-middle-class, getting good grades without much effort and for - honestly - not owning a pair of GHD straighteners. I'm not making this up, I was ridiculed for having CURLY HAIR. And when I tried to express my anger at my classmates for how they treated me, they dismissed me by calling me a "creep" or a "freak" (both words which are now utterly devoid of meaning) and one even going so far as to suggest that our small town community collectively tell me to "Fuck off!".

Auchterarder - a place of racist, homophobic, xenophobic EVIL. Excuse me while I shake with rage in the corner.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Let's see......tall, skinny, and awkward Indian kid growing up in a town of rednecks......yeah. Not fun at all. So glad to be in college now. :)

Tragedy's Rebellion

Feb 21, 2010
To be completely honest, it wasn't BAD, but it was a complete waste of time. We go to high school at 14 here and we are FORCED to choose what specialization we want, sooooo if you choose the wrong one (being 14 and completely devoid of any calling in life) it is a massive waste of time.

That's the only reason high school here is a joke and even if you DO pick a "right" spec, the material is so outdated and useless it's laughable, but at least you can have SOME interest. And no, I don't consider it a place to "socialize", all my best friends were not from my school and we saw each other plenty.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
It was amazing. One of the best times I've experienced, we never had problems with bullies in my school thankfully and everyday was full of banter. Was so easy, too, now I've left and look back at it.

gmergurl

Jan 27, 2011
I loved High school, it was fun (seriously) but only once I got involved. It took me 2 years, but in Junior year I decided (with the help of a new friend) that we were going to try to do basically everything, and everything we did. We joined clubs, sports teams (none too prestigious, teams like golf and weightlifting), and other things. I was apart of the Homecoming committee, helped with several other events, was in every single pep rally (in not went/watched) and we had a blast. So much so, we did it all again the next year. Although tbf.... that was slilghtly less awesome due to my choice in guys >.>;; but it ended awesome since I met my current beau and I am madly in love <33.

FTR: I'm a junior in College now, not nearly as cool as everyone said it would be.

Captcha: idedex interior.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Really it's complicated.
my first few years were terrible, but as i was about to finish it, it became much more easier, nicer and generally less annoying.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Meh, it was average, maybe a little more on the good side. The first two years were terrible, junior year was great, and senior year was ok except for dealing with my pain in the ass ex.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
It was OK. My closest friends from back then are still exactly that, and it;s where I got my reputation for going from completely calm to having to be restrained from hitting someone that ensures nobody fucks with me.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
eh, i'm still in grade 11, but so far it's pretty good, plenty of friends, good marks, and I've found my sport(running)

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
How to put it. The first two years were relative crap (first year because it's the year where you don't know a lot of people and thus start making friends, pretty boring and second year because i was in a crappy class). Than came the good stuff, 3&4 year pretty fun, nice people, lots of laughs. And than the 2 last years simply amazing. The amount of beer we consumed and fun that followed was beyond rational (ironically i've been drinking less since i got in the University). And let's not forget those were the times where "working" hard didn't mean anything (at least for me). Damn university exams...

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Lonely. I don't really have many friends and none that I'm close with. So I've missed out on all the fun stuff that I could have experienced. It's really depressing.

davros3000

Jun 8, 2010
I hated school. It wasn't being made to sit around in a room with a bunch of people that, for the most part, I had nothing in common with other than my age (they felt the same way). It was more that school never stretched me.

In primary school I misbehaved so that I could be sent to the library and expand my mind. Secondary school (high school) was just an intellectual and physical prison until I was allowed to leave. My grades improved when I went to uni. I averaged about 60% in high school, got my masters with 70%. Shows how interesting school was.