Poll: How do you like your steak?

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
I'll take mine well done, I like the texture and....smoky taste. Mmmmmmm. One moment, stealing cows.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
I really wanted to be the first one to make a "same way I like my women" joke but Sacman beat me to the punch :( it was even going to involve cannibalism...

I like my steak medium. There is just something uncivilized about eating still bleeding meat that is still bleeding copious amounts of blood, but too often well done tends to be too dry for my tastes.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ever since the mad cow disease I had always prefer my steak to be well done. I also prefer well done since I hate spending ages cutting it and chewing it for too long (my jaw ache on the next day).

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
CyanideSandwich said:
I'm just curious to see what the statistics are like. I, personally, like mine Medium Rare. What about you?
You've missed out 'Blue' on your poll. Its when its even rarer than rare.

Personally, I'm a medium rare dude, unless it's fillet steak, then I like it rare.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Ever since the mad cow disease I had always prefer my steak to be well done. I also prefer well done since I hate spending ages cutting it and chewing it for too long (my jaw ache on the next day).
With a good steak, you should barely need to chew. It should melt, almost. I suggest you give Medium, or Medium Rare a try next time your at some fancy restaurant. =] Also, it fdepends on what steak you order, for example, a ribeye will be tougher than a fillet... Although I do like both...

[sub][sub][sub]I love steak...[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Retal19

Dec 5, 2010
Rare, sometimes Medium-Rare. I like mine a fair bit bloody. I've also ate an uncooked steak on one occasion. That was quite nice, but I'd get odd looks if I ordered that in a restaurant, but, Rare is pretty much the same, so I go with that most times.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Blue, charred on the outside and dripping in the middle, the only way to eat a steak in my opinion.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
medium rare, i dont like chewing on charcoal.

well now im off to go cook some well done steaks for some asshole's

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I want my meet to come straight from the animal. Even killed at the restaurant if at all possible, which it never has for me. But a man can dream right, a man can dream.

Lion_Slicer

Sep 14, 2010
GrimTuesday said:
There is just something uncivilized about eating still bleeding meat that is still bleeding copious amounts of blood
It is actually a strong misconception that rare steaks are bloody. It isn't actually blood but because of the colouration people perceive it as such.

Scarim Coral said:
I also prefer well done since I hate spending ages cutting it and chewing it for too long (my jaw ache on the next day).
This is strange. Generally well done steaks tend to be more chewy than their lesser cooked counterparts.