Poll: How do you like your steak?

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
As a beef connoisseur, medium rare.
But when I eat humans, as rare as it gets!
MrBoulez said:
High end restaurants will always suggest medium rare. I suppose that means that's the accepted standard, and it's definitely my preference.
Exactly, medium rare is simply better. Welcome to the escapist, stay out of my basement! Or else I'll show you rare!

CactiComplex

Jan 22, 2011
Show it the fire, then put it on the plate. The less time between it living in a field and being carved up the better, I think.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I used to only eat well done steaks, but as time passed, I came to appreciate rarer steaks. Medium, I suppose.

Levi93

Oct 26, 2009
chimpzy said:
A bit exaggerated. I usually like it blue to rare.
Hahaha, this is why I love insanity wolf, the exadurations are halarious.

I'm not really a steak fan, too gristly, I much prefer chicken.

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
mm medium rare, cooked enough to taste cooked, but still a hint of bloodiness, om nom nom :)

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Bloody but not raw, I prefer my steak medium rare and sometimes rare depending on how I'm eating it. Also, I've found that if I'm out, restaurants tend to cook a steak a bit less than what you ask for. I can't even begin to count the number of times I got a rare when I asked for medium. I don't really make a fuss though because A I like rare and B I've seen both Waiting flicks...and have worked in a restaurant before.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Lion_Slicer said:
GrimTuesday said:
There is just something uncivilized about eating still bleeding meat that is still bleeding copious amounts of blood
It is actually a strong misconception that rare steaks are bloody. It isn't actually blood but because of the colouration people perceive it as such.
I'm aware of this, I just felt that it made my point better than just saying juices.

PlowmanMk

Oct 7, 2010
my mouth started watering half-way from eating reading the first page. goddamn i could go for a hot, juicy steak right now.

for the statistics, rare. i like medium rare - rare, but more so rare. juicier and more flavoursome i reckon