Poll: How do you like your steak?

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Gruevy said:
'Blue' AKA ultra-rare

Hmmmm...Sex on a plate.

Personally prefer Medium rare but I've had my fair share of blue and rare. Medium is my well done.

ryanxm

Jan 19, 2009
hmm i dont know

all i do know is that the steak taste better when i take my steak taste better pill

OT:medium rare mmm thats some good dead cow

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
A lot of people who order their steaks well done will say that ordering medium rare is just a convention people follow to look impressive. I've actually had friends mock me for "being pretentious" and ordering medium rare before. These people often have never even HAD a good medium rare steak. The steaks are more tender, more flavourful, more aromatic, and more visually interesting.

The only real reason not to order it that way is squeamishness. I suppose that can't be helped, but it's worth pointing out that medium rare usually doesn't mean "bloody". It is not, however, a good idea to point out to those people that they're eating dead, murdered animal flesh and should just get over any additional squeamishness.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
texture of foods is a BIG factor for me, rare feels the nicest in my mouth ^_^

edit: i find a lot of places overcook their steaks anyway if i order medium rare, so i end up with medium. if i order rare its usually done just right

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
Extremely rare. The blood makes it sweet and juicy while the meat is still tender. Damn it, now I want steak...

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Well done. I like the taste better when it's well done.
[sub]some call me strange for enjoying it the most that way...[/sub]

Silent observer

Jun 18, 2009
"Just wipe it's ass and bring it in"

Not my preference, but it's what a friend of mine says whenever ordering steak :p

Personally, I'll eat steak however it's cooked - which is more often than not rare as I can't wait to eat it once I've started cooking :p

Lion_Slicer

Sep 14, 2010
I had a blue steak about an hour ago. Delicious.

I am disappointed that it isn't an option on the poll seeing as it is the best way to have steak.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
You forgot 'blue' (AKA 'wafted towards a radiator').

Anyway, I like it rare.

Rossiar

Oct 29, 2009
Depends where you have it and what type of steak. Medium or Medium Rare is always awesome. Have never had blue which you missed out but I don't know if that's a popular option. To the 9 people (so far) who have said they don't like steak; I will never understand you.