Poll: How Happy Are You Being Single?

Deadpool062

Jul 9, 2008
Pretty frickin happy. I'm just a teenager but seeing friends whine about their relationship problems makes me happy I'm not in one.

AlexWinter

Jun 24, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
I want love so bad. But it's impossible.
A man like me, so irresponsible...
Is this a song? I feel like I've heard it before...

OT: Sometimes it bothers me, sometimes it doesn't.

On the one hand I would probably shrivel up and die like a sea monkey if I were in a relationship. That's just... everything about it... can't handle that, man.

On the other hand, well the only times I don't want to be single is when I'm thinking about someone.

So in summary, does being single bother me on a daily basis? Yes. If I were in a relationship again would that bother me on a daily basis? Yes.

So no?

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
I wouldn't say I'm happy about being single, but being as such is a lot less stressful. I don't have to worry about my finances as much, I only have to make time for the things I want to do, I don't have to answer to anyone else.

HazzaH

Mar 19, 2009
All of my friends who are in relationships seem to be either constantly fighting with their partner, constantly breaking up and getting together again, getting pregnant or, in rare cases, rushing into marriages that I hope will last but probably won't.

Or, in the case of one unfortunate lad, that I've stopped trying to reason with, spending insane amounts of time glued to their computer, ignoring their real friends and whining when their parents force them to get a job, letting their uni grades plummet during term time and scabbing free housing/car/food off their parents because they think they're in a 'long-distance' relationship (read: obsessed with) with a girl on the other side of the world who is far too young for them.

If that's what counts as a relationship around here, then no thank you, I'm happy to wait.

sunsetspawn

Jul 25, 2009
Jacco said:
That got me thinking. Is anyone REALLY happy to be single?
Interesting question. Let's look at the benefits, shall we?

When you're single:

You save money.

You don't answer to anyone.

You can do goofy man stuff like workout,

play sports,

play videogames,

play music

Basically, you can be a selfish dipshit without concern for anyone else.

Or is it just an excuse they tell themselves to justify not being in a relationship? I can't understand that anyone would be happy to be single. And if one was truly happy being single, then why would they ever say yes to a date?
Now we're getting to the meat of the argument. If you can't understand that anyone could be happy being single, then you've never been happy being single.

Personally, I've become very attached to my alone-ness. I've been shaking girls for awhile now because I don't want to be put in a situation where I'll lose my resolve and "like" somebody. I think I've got one right now, though I'm not positive, and that would explain why I'm avoiding facebook. I not only like being alone, but I don't even want to RISK developing feelings for someone. AND, I don't like to do the whole "fling" thing either, because someone ALWAYS gets hurt, and I hate drama.

I could have a girl if I wanted. I swear.
Here's proof in the form of shameless self promotion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn7QyYy36zQ
I'm the bassist, white wifebeater 'n grey cargo shorts.

I know I had more on this subject, but I was distracted by 30 Rock. And after that I'll watch some Sopranos or play some Deus Ex (the first one). Answering to no-one.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I hate being single... I spent 4.5 years in a relationship with a girls I was planning to propose to, and was dumped out of the blue 10 months ago! I have been away with the military, and havent really had the chance to remedy this fact, although have been rejected once already...! I hate it! Before being with my gf gave me a purpose, but for a while I kinda felt lost! (hehe, cliche... but it was true!) Now i'm kinda just plodding along, but am looking furiously to fill the void (heh... :p).

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
Well, to be honest, I'm kinda... Erm.. Content I guess. Friendship is all I'm really seeking. I honestly want to mature a bit and be a little more sure about my future and be on the right track to achieving my goals before I seriously consider finding a partner. At the very least I have a few short-term goals to accomplish first; for starters, my friends are moving away from me and stuff and I kinda need to find new people to hang out with and whatnot, and secondly, I need to REALLY get off my ass and start getting into shape. Once I get my next paycheque I'm going to get a gym membership and get to work on some cardio. It's not that I'm overweight or anything (I'm 20, male and only 130 pounds. And I eat a lot too, go figure), but it's just I've been so lazy lately, I've gotten so outta shape. In high school I could run about 1km before having to slow down.... But now? Ugh...

I've only had one boyfriend back in high school, but it was a miserable relationship. I was only really dating him out of peer pressure (my friends kept saying "Oh he's perfect for you! You two would be great together!" when in actuality I discovered we had next to nothing in common) and since I was stupidly feeling desperate to get into the dating game, I gave in. I wasn't really attracted to him at all, he was emotionally unstable (he tried committing suicide 3 times before we had started dating. His latest attempt was two days before I first asked him out) and, as stated before, we had next to nothing in common. We were together for about two months before he started to ask me why we weren't having sex and started pestering me about how I "wasn't putting out". Simply put, I wasn't ready, and frankly I just didn't want my first time to be with him, the mere thought simply made me want to gag (hope that doesn't make me sound like a jerk). I magically ended up growing some backbone and told him to piss off after putting up with his whining and threatening to break up with me for a month.

Thankfully that whole hell didn't put me off the idea of dating, buuuuut... Well, I don't know. I don't feel ready for the dating scene yet. Maybe in another year or so.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
TestECull said:
I was bored single. Now, though? Nah. Not bored at all. Absolutely loving it, and I wouldn't for a second consider becoming single again.
Loop Stricken said:
I want love so bad. But it's impossible.
A man like me, so irresponsible...

Blah. Get out there. If I, a fat-ass, socially inept dingus with eccentric hobbies and a penchant for finding companionship in internal combustion engines, can find someone, so can you.
I considered that once, but then I realized it would cost me time and money, two things I value much more than other people. On an unrelated note, I'm single and much happier that way.

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
When I think about all that shit you have to put up with when you're in a relationship, I'm pretty happy being single. Besides, I'm unwilling to invest my time, money and effort into something that will eventually only turn out to be a big waste of time.

Simply put, I don't consider payoff of a relationship worthy of the investment required.

SuperDarkLink

Aug 25, 2010
im quite happy being single. partly because i've been single for a majority of my life (21 years) and partly because in being single (and not giving a damn
) i troll all the assholes who keep badgering me to laid.