Poll: How intelligent do you consider yourself

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Enough to realize that I can never truly be prepared for everything life throws at me.

So average I guess.

Rubucopter

Jul 26, 2009
Hmm...I assume I'm intelligent..I was never IQ tested when I was little but school was pretty easy and I got a MA with minimum effort. I wouldn't say I'm genius material but I never really tried to be that smart.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Everyone always thinks they are above average, there is a name for this and if I was above average perhaps I'd remember the name for it. I've been fortunate enough to meet plenty of people who eclipse me in my own field of study so I know I'm not that smart.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
It's hard to rank yourself on intelligence, because it's hard to imagine something smarter than yourself.

That being said, I dunno. Everyone at school thinks I'm smart, but I'm god damn terrible at math. Maybe I just don't like the way it's taught, but damn. If being bad at math was a class, I'd be valedictorian forever. If being bad at math was an Olympic event, I'd get more medals than Russia and the US combined. If being bad at math was a job, I'd be making a six figures on a daily basis. I'm bad at math, is the point.

And for some reason they put me in the advanced math class.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
When it come to grades in classes not massively. Got 4 Es on my AS Levels.

In terms of logically and philosophically I am quite bright.
I find myself looking upon the idiot chavs and the other dregs of humanity and feeling superior because I've already worked out that the things they are getting worked up about do not matter in the slightest.

Wish I was confident enough to use it.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Everybody I know seems to think that I'm super smart.

Really, the only difference between an idiot and a genius is somebody who can see that each action has more than just the intended consequence.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
jagula_sector said:
Hey escapist community, I've been wondering how intelligent do you all consider yourself to be, and please, be honest. Additionally, if you so please, post why you consider yourself to be of that level of intelligence.

I personally believe I'm somewhere inbetween the ehh kinda intelligent and fucking holy shit intelligent. The reason why I believe this is because throughout my time in school I scored many 100%s on the standarized tests we took yearly, read at the level of a high school graduate when I was about 11, and tested at an iq of 134.

Thanks for sharing everyone!
Hey man, firstly congrats, but if I may ask what country you in? Here in Canada I always found our slenderized testing to be a joke, and can honestly say with certainty I have never scored below 90% on any of the standardized tests we ever got administered to us in Elementary and high school. Mark wise, I believe I've gotten an less than 90 in a course in my 4 years of high school only once (81 in grade 9 english), and every other class has been 90+ all my notes for every class I took in grades 10-12 could fit in a single 2 inch binder (maybe a smaller one).

All that bragging aside, I know I'm not the smartest person alive (most likely not even close) and that's what counts. I'm intelligent enough to do well in a standardized education system and I'm intelligent enough to know that I know very little and still have a shit ton to learn from people that are a lot smarter than me.

standokan

May 28, 2009
verdugo136 said:
I'm bat shit insane
Oh, I'm stark raving mad.

OT:I'm a very smart guy or maybe I'm just a very arrogant guy. I guess you'll never know..

Esotera

May 5, 2011
shootandshiver said:
4MB ram, 46GB harddrive, 700TF procsessor
I see how that could come in handy.

OT: relatively average, but intelligence doesn't really matter that much. If you want to do things then the amount of work you put in is far more important, and always keeping an open mind.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
I did well on tests and such, I've got a degree, and I know an enormous amount of trivia, but I try not to confuse that with intelligence.

I still hate those fox-duck-worm puzzles.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I'm average as far as I know. Smarter than some, dumber than others. But that could be my cripplingly low self-esteem and self-confidence talking.

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
I'm technically classified as other, I'm intelligent but not in academics. I talked my way through High School, telling the teachers I'd prefer it if they gave me a challenge, putting me on higher paper everything so my chances of getting C or above was easier.

Though, since leaving school, I've dumbed down a HELLA tonne.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Kinda intelligent.

Based on the facts that:
I can master most stuff I want relatively easily with little hassle (at least till now).
Other people strike me as stupid quite often (but that might just be colored by my opinions).

I'm pretty selectively intelligent though. There are gaps in my knowledge that other "stupider people" know a lot of, but I just dont find it important enough to remember or care about. Like geography.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
I do well in school I guess. I get 70s-80s on assignments I've put the work into.
Not to toot my own horn but I like to think pretty decent at maths and music.
Most people are being pretty modest about this though.

Calatar

May 13, 2009
What a nice Gaussian distribution. Where the actual average is more than "above average."
Everybody wants to think they're above average.

Maybe we have a certified "smarter than average" general population here. Or maybe only "smarter than average" people answer polls about intelligence.

Or maybe everybody is terrible at understanding what the actual average is, especially for such a nebulous concept as divisions of intelligence.

Or maybe the poll just sucks and everyone puts "ehh kinda intelligent" because it sounds both modest and flattering.