Poll: How many relationships have you been in?

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Age 21, and I've been in one, possibly. It was a long-distance thing with a Scottish girl I met on holiday when I was about 16, so it barely counts, but still. Though there are two girls at work (one who's just recently started on my section, part-time) who I'd quite like to get to know a bit better... :p

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
2 internet relationships. 0 real life. 17 years old. I can really only think of 2 or so people in real life I'd even have a chance with that I'm attracted to, considering I'm a short (5'4") and skinny guy.

Even then, having a cleft lip and palate, no matter how fixed it is, really doesn't help in the being attractive department.

Poerts

Nov 18, 2009
Abandon4093 said:
Quite possibly the single weirdest sentence I have ever read. And I read Bizzaro literature.
You're telling me. In particular, the girl who did that also dreamt almost entirely in homoerotic soap operas. They were both interesting people, at any rate.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Just one. Passively looking for more now, but there are bigger priorities in my life.

A fun story, though? Uh... I introduced her to Minecraft literally days after the first public release (early Summer 2009). It didn't stick, though.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
7-10

But only two were long lasting and worth my time. I've never asked anyone out before, they all asked me, maybe it'd help if I started.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Jonluw said:
John Connor M said:
OT: How many have you had OP
lim x→∞ √(φ)/x
and what spurred you to ask this question?
Boredom.
OK, so please allow me to compliment you on that excellent answer.

OT: I've been in one relationship which was kinda on and off and at some point the girl I was with was with someone else at the same time. It was kinda messed up I guess. Since that a lot of things have happened and (for reasons that aren't connected to this) I am scared of entering a relationship so I tend to avoid anyone who pays interest or someone who seems to be interested. Yeah, I'll never get another girlfriend, but at least I had the one so at least there's that.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Fuck you, I'm fabulous.

But seriously, I've been in like 4 serious relationships.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Well nice to know I'm in the majority. Main reason is lack of anyone worthy.

To be worthy, prerequisites are being moderately good looking and at least vaguely interesting to me.

hawkeye52

Jul 17, 2009
had one once but she was way to clingy for me and that fell apart after 4-5 months. Then tried for another and found out that she was a lesbian. Now potentially have a relationship soon depending on how things go.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Jonluw said:
What the title says, basically.
How many girlfriends/boyfriends have you had?
One night stands don't count.
If we can't count one night stands, then I'll assume I shouldn't count "friends with benefits" or threesomes, foursomes, or fivesomes either.

So I went with 7-10.

Matthew Valkanov

Jun 8, 2011
I know the number is proof that I have serious intimacy issues and probable emotional troubles of some sort, which means that I will probably not find a "the girl for me" but...it's nice to have a turn at being part of the 1% for a change

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Currently one for me. Lasted about a year and a bit I suppose. And just for reference/curiosity's sake I'm just under 18 right now.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Oh, there's more 0:s than I thought actually. I've never been in a relationship either, I'd like to be financially stable first. It's starting to suck. Not because I'm lonely(ok, I am), but because my friends are starting to act like they suddenly know more about women and relationships than me now.

WOMEN HAVE TITS AND VAGINAS! See? I know everything about women.

Now PEOPLE, as in PERSONS with different personalities, backgrounds and tastes, are much harder to understand.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
I'm 17 and I've had one....
And I broke up with her because I realized I was gay.
(It was okay though, because when I went to tell her she said she'd figured it out long ago, and it was pretty obvious, so I guess I shouldn't go into acting because I'm clearly very bad at it.)

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
One, that lasted 4 days. Yes, four...

She had a crush on me, I liked her, 4 days went by and she broke up with me. Why? I have no idea. The entire experience left me standing there like a question mark. Same deal happened a year later (was informed by a female friend of mine that a girl liked me,) so I started to avoid her a bit in fear of repeating the previous experience. Bit of a bastard move on my part. Still haven't been in another relationship, just in case.

=/