- buying the collector's edition of bullet witch
- marrying a sailor
- bugchasing
- listening to katy perry
- voting for rick perry
- cheating on your girlfriend with her 13-year-old sister
- eating at godfather's pizza

let that be a lesson to you :v
Do you really think that the OP is going to make any of those choices?

Going with the most likely circumstances and just assuming this guy is an average guy, he will never do any of this.

So by that logic, yes, this is the worst decision he will ever make.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Congrats?

I dont smoke, i dont have the lungs and life style to afford it. My grandfather smokes through. He has one cigarette a day ever since he was 16, and has one bottle of beer a day ever since he was 19. Hes 90 now, but still healthy like an ox and has the body a 70 year old would envy.

Jernau

Nov 20, 2009
You have every right to live your own life and have your own opinions. However, in my opinion you're an idiot and you're just harming yourself and people around you. It's your life though.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I smoked lightly for about 6 months or so, then just...got bored I guess and quit.

It's strange because I have a hugely addictive personality, and almost anything can latch onto my psyche and get me hooked.

I guess in the end it's your own decision, just make sure you only do it because you genuinely enjoy it, and not to 'fit in' or anything daft like that.

At least in Britiain it's about £8 for 20, or $25 for 40 smokes in US terms. Are smokes still dirt cheap in the US? Maybe it's because we pay for our healthcare thru taxes that smoking and drinking are so heavily taxed, tho I think that's a good thing.

I'm not trying to divert the thread, I'm just thinking, if you're on 20 a day, that's £56 a week, that's 4 new games a month you're smoking. There again, that's a good Friday night in a bar for some, just saying, it sure gets pricey in the UK.

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
Smoking...ugh...such an obvious sign of a weak will, and low self esteem.

No one needs to smoke, it's a given fact. It's not a health requirement, even if you have high blood pressure (There's a pill for that that isn't addictive, nor bad for you), or if you have a bad day, or anything. There is no real excuse I can think of that is believable. People smoke, from what I gather, because they either A) Think it's "cool", B) Because others do it, or C) Because they're curious.

Living for sixteen years of my life with a chain-smoker kills any sort of curiosity towards that. It isn't cool when your lungs turn out looking like a pile of rotted meat, and I have no qualms with being the only one in a group who doesn't smoke. Hell, I'd be proud to be that person...well, provided I'm forced into spending time in the same square mile as them.

I just...ugh. I don't understand why someone would want to. Comradarie? Bullshit. Just go up to them and fucking talk. You shouldn't need to ruin your health with a stick full of who-knows-what being inhaled into your lungs to get that sort of companionship with others. If you do, then you're one sorry socialize-er.

Small consolation prize for you, though: You don't care what anyone thinks, and will keep on doing it despite what others say because it is something you enjoy. Great concept, bad usage. That's like saying that you'll just keep driving shards of glass into your nose because it's something you enjoy. It's great that you enjoy it, now if only it wasn't something that's killing you faster than the daily rigors of life, plus annoying the hell out of everyone around you who is smart enough not to smoke. :\

End of line.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
"Please don't tell me to stop, because I am not addicted to it and could if I want to"

come back and tell me that in... probably less than a decade. Of course you're not addicted, you just started. That's not the issue. The issue is that YOU WILL get addicted unless you stop.

Ultimately if you're so intent on destroying your own body for the sake of pleasure. I can think of several other drugs that do it better.

Accountfailed

May 27, 2009
PHOENIXRIDER57 said:
Please don't tell me to stop, because I am not addicted to it and could if I want to. I enjoy smoking.
I'll get them to write that on your tombstone, shall I?

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
I know four people who quit.
Wake up coughing every day.
Go on that third hour without having had a smoke after you're addicted.
Finding out you don't have any smokes left when a blizzard, thunderstorm or something hits and you've gotta walk to a corner store.
Needing to smoke when all your friends are inside having fun and no one wants to go outside with you while you smoke.

Draitheryn

Jan 20, 2010
I would love to see you make a thread in 10 years and tell us how you still love it and are glad you started and how you're not addicted

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
Me? I don't smoke, and don't want to. I have to train my body like a professional athlete and to smoke would kill that.

Plus, smoking has killed both of my grandfathers slowly. If you're a fan of slow, painful deaths, keep smoking!

CAPTCHA: ichanime actors... it knows all...

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Ulquiorra4sama said:
It's scientiffically proven that your penis shrinks when you smoke.
There. Maybe now you'll stop rotting your lungs.
Really O_O
That is some scary shit, glad I don't smoke >.>
[sub][sub]Didn't check with google because I felt like a moron typing it in[/sub][/sub]

OT: You say that you can quit whenever you want but that's usually the first sign of an addiction. Even my cousin said it when he first started but after he quit he told me that he was just lying to himself.

But you can do whatever stupid thing you want since its your body, so enjoy your habit that a lot of the world hates as long as you enjoy it I wont stop you.

NeuroticDogDad

Apr 28, 2010
FilipJPhry said:
If you've just started, I'm assuming you're below the legal age?
Interesting assumption. You don't have to start at 12, I started at the legal age, it's not a crime (quite literally).

Mr. Google said:
hahahahaha "Im not addicted to it and could stop if i wanted to" oh thats rich. Isn't that what people who are addicted say? I personally think smoking is disgusting and any person who starts now has to be crazy with all of the obvious side effects of it. But hey good luck with killing yourself slowly i guess!
So what would people who aren't addicted say? Or in your black and white world do said people not even exist?
I believe that to be addicted you have to form a dependence on the substance, such that if it were removed you would encounter negative effects (shakes, feeling ill, flu-like etc.), whatever they may be, depending on the substance. For some people it is a habit, not an addiction. For some it's both.

After about a year of smoking I wanted to sufficiently demonstrate to myself that I was in control of the situation so I ceased smoking for a month or so and experienced no bad side effects (though I did get a bit of breath back and stairs become a bit easier). Every few months or so I cease smoking to test whether I am still in control of the situation. I've also started spending more money so I cut my daily intake to about 3 or 4 cigs for financial reasons. I'm still fine.

Please just consider that some people approach there lives in a more reasonable and controlled way than you would give them credit for.

Grabbin Keelz said:
My friend actually smokes from a tobacco pipe. It smells much better than cigarette smoke and is way less deadly, plus I can actually stand to be near him. I don't see how anyone can stand cigarette smoke at all, it just smells disgusting.
It is not less deadly, it just means you don't count lung cancer and bronchitis among your list of potential diseases. The various cancers that can occur in your mouth and throat are sufficiently deadly.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Tried it once. So... nothing. Didn't make me calmer like smokers claim it does, didn't really taste like anything... and the fact that I probably inherited my family's heart problems means I won't ever take it up. It looks cool, sure, but so do sunglasses and those don't kill yo ass.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
To be honest, I think it's your choice whether you want to smoke or not. Just make sure to quit for one week every six months so you know you still aren't addicted.