Poll: [If] England and America just went to war...

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
I would take America's side. As a Canadian, I'm aligned far to closely with the US not to take their side. Unless America is the agressor, in which case fuck em.

Jorias

Dec 10, 2008
hmmm for a pointless thread it sure has seen a lot of action. This poll is pointless, as you don't even provide a scenario for which a Casus Belli is developed on either side. The Brits are allied with America for a reason, i mean remember Bush and Blair or should i say BUSH and blair......if you know what i mean...

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I'd side with England. We may have a small military, but it's training is one of the best in the world, and we do have (some) of the best equipment in the world. We'd give the US a run for their money and eventually, depending on whether or not the US uses it's numerical superiority we'll probably end up beaten.

It's best not to rile us up. Especially when our tea and biscuits are stake!

[Edit]

Having said that, I completely forgot about the defence cuts the Government (see: assholes) made. Yeah, we're definitely fucked. Still...

"I say...those rotters mean to kill us? tally ho!"

ilspooner

Apr 13, 2010
Eh. I dunno. I'm Aussie, but I don't know who we would side with. We would probably be neutral, cause we kinda suck. :p

dfake

Mar 20, 2011
This is an interesting question, as an American, I'd back America, but as someone who's always supported the underdog, I'd have to back England for the sake a fairness to all the other underdogs I've supported. It's a toss up.

Boogieboy

Dec 6, 2010
My country (Denmark) has had a tradition of kissing Americas ass at any given opportunity, so they'd probably side with those guys.

My personal support would go to whoever had the moral high ground

Aug 1, 2010
I don't think it really matters...

There would be large amounts of nuclear fire, and then no life in either country or their neighbors.

Now, the REAL question is, who would win in a catfight between Hilary Clinton and the Queen.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Since England doesn't have it's own military ,BRITAIN does, my country would side with England.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Stammer said:
...who do you think your country would side with? Assuming both countries are equally at fault for the cause of the war.

This is a question that actually kinda plagues me as a Canadian. We're kinda naturally obligated to side with England because we're still under their power, but we're also right next to the United States and we rely on each other way more than we rely on England. And I also know that Canada wouldn't just sit there neutral, because that'd just piss off both of them.

edit: added another option to the poll
What? No, Canada is under its own authority. The Governor General is only kept for traditional reasons.
I don't know who told you Canada is still a dominion of the UK...

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Being English(Among other things) I plan to flee but I'm pretty sure my country would side with England...Since it is England and...that's the way it works, right?

Lord Penney

Dec 26, 2010
Stammer said:
I think it'd be more accurate to say Britain vs America since our Army is composed of soldiers from England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Not to mention the hundreds to thousands (or somewhere in between) of commonwealth soldiers (go team commonwealth!). Not saying that our Army is huge (because it isn't) but it is very nationally diverse.
Ever so sorry if this sounds like I'm having a go/ being condescending; and it is quite difficult to phrase this without coming off as an arsehole; but I don't particularly see England as it's own country (in sport though perhaps...) but rather a portion of where I live that makes up my great homeland.

Oh, and just for reference, I was born in England, my mums side are Scottish, and my fathers side are Welsh (what are the chances eh?). So I think it's safe to say I'm a VERY British person.

thelastgentleman

Sep 16, 2010
DSK- said:
I'd side with England. We may have a small military, but it's training is one of the best in the world, and we do have (some) of the best equipment in the world. We'd give the US a run for their money and eventually, depending on whether or not the US uses it's numerical superiority we'll probably end up beaten.

It's best not to rile us up. Especially when our tea and biscuits are stake!

[Edit]

Having said that, I completely forgot about the defence cuts the Government (see: assholes) made. Yeah, we're definitely fucked. Still...

"I say...those rotters mean to kill us? tally ho!"
I'm guessing your not familiar the U.S Marine Corps, I would fear for the devil himself if he picked a fight with one of them.

Megawat22

Aug 7, 2010
I would side with America.
If there's one thing we Scots hate more than Americans it's the English.
Now if it was America indiscriminatingly killing anyone on that big island (and slightly smaller 1/3rd of an island) called Britain, then I'd side with Britain.
But the poll says England, so...

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
NZ = Commonwealth = Britain's side

But personally, I'd probably be so disgusted with the both of them for having a war over what could only be totally pointless and wasteful reasons.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Being Swede, and not in a mood for War, I'll have to go with the ol' 40s style and stay Neutral.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Stammer said:
...who do you think your country would side with? Assuming both countries are equally at fault for the cause of the war.

This is a question that actually kinda plagues me as a Canadian. We're kinda naturally obligated to side with England because we're still under their power, but we're also right next to the United States and we rely on each other way more than we rely on England. And I also know that Canada wouldn't just sit there neutral, because that'd just piss off both of them.

edit: added another option to the poll
The mistake you make is asking us who would side in a war with America and England, such a war would be fought between America and the United Kingdom of Great Britain, which includes more than just England. Just try calling a Welsh, (Northern)Irish or Scottish person English and see how they react.

Being an English Brit I would side with Britain and would heavily resist any American prescence in my country in case they dare try and touch our nationalised health service.

shedra

Sep 15, 2009
Seeing as the US has a larger and better funded (overly-funded) military and weapons development sector. I would have to side with the US. Although I would fight to the death to ensure the survival of Doctor Who.

Grand_Arcana

Aug 5, 2009
I'm American, but I don't think I'd hang around for it, since the reason for war is probably very dumb.

I do think America would win, and in the least efficient manner possible.