Poll: If God had a nationality, what would it be?

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
Middle Eastern. I mean, that's where the big three religions who worship him originated from...

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
If he's not Canadian, i don't want anything to do with him. (I'm American, for the record, for those who are too lazy to check my profile.)

May 28, 2009
Chose English, but then remembered Morgan Freeman and am now torn.

Woodsey said:
Nonsense - he's far too flamboyant and narcissistic to be one us.
The personality of me (Mountbatten) consists of flamboyant narcissism, and no one doubts my Englishness (part Germanic origin aside).

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Swiss, since God clearly doesn't give enough of a shit about what's occurring in the world to take any sort of action.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Javarock said:
All, Why would he just be one?
Well, I'd imagine that God, being omniscient and a wrathful tool against any nationality he doesn't own, would be Australian. After all, who else but an omniscient being would think of monotremes? Or create tourist-eating drop-bears, or put one of the deadliest spiders in the world in a populated city?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
JimbobDa3rd said:
Almost fell for it... clever troll but you overplayed your hand in the second paragraph.
(Dear mods I realise even responding to this probably puts me in line for a 3 day forum ban (or worse its been awhile since Ive fully read the posting rules) and as long as this guy gets the ban aswell I will happily serve my sentence)
BehattedWanderer said:
Also, obvious troll is obvious, and troll begets troll.
It's called a joke, last time I checked humour isn't against the Escapist rules.

"The funnier or more original your reasons your choice, the better"

This sentence slipped your eye? ;-)

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
By nationality, do you mean race?. But he'd likely be extremely black. As that's how humanity started. And god created us in his image. So I guess his nationality would be the cradle of human life... Ethiopia. But I don't believe that Homo sapiens started in one place, I think it was 2 or 3. But y'know.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
i say middle eastern since the number one god in the world is the abrahamic god and he seemed to only show his face in the middle east.

more specifically i would think isreali since the jews came first. if you have 3 children your first child is alwaysyour favourite.

Blue2

Mar 19, 2010
I Picture god like how this video showed him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcWR9sjBy3A
(No human body, just light)

I don't see god with a human body like how Hollywood showed him as. I know the bible said that god made us in his self image but also he made beasts also so does that mean he is anthropomorphic hybrid of all life or what? I don't know so just light seems more scene

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
israeli. if god and jesus are part of the same entity (the holy trinity) then they would obviously share all their nationalities. as the Father and Holy Ghost (god) are Out-of-Universe, and Jesus was born in bethlehem they would be israeli.

assuming we're talking of the christian/jewish god.
[sub]i dont believe he exists though... i have no idea how i know that stuff[/sub]

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Saying that the Christian God is British because the Bible is written in English and the names of the characters are English is completely ridiculous. The King James Bible is derived from past holy texts which were not in English and the names were translated into more English versions. The Church of England itself only exists because King Henry the Eighth wanted to divorce his wife and the Pope wouldn't let him. It's like the US taking other countries' films and TV shows and making their own versions that are more to their taste.

For my money God, If I believed in one, would be Russian. Harshest winters on record happened to fall in 1812 and 1942 when other countries were staging major invasions? Someone's looking out for the Russians and it certainly wasn't their top brass. Also I'm pretty sure Putin goes to God's place for poker night. Probably wins too.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
ace_of_something said:
Abrahamic God is literally described as a light that makes you feel at peace, happy and forgetting all abandonment.

So... really pale? I mean it is giving off blinding light.
So he is British then.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
ZeroMachine said:
Oh, god, this is just a horrible idea.

If there is some form of god, he wouldn't be a race. He wouldn't even be human.

Still, horrible, horrible idea. Impending un(?)intentional racism in 3... 2... 1...
God (Jhawe) created man in his image. By that default we can assume the he looks human. He also made them in the Middle-East, so I would guess that he some ties there, which means that he probably looks Middle-Eastern. It's extremely simple and it could be a good deep discussion if this were such a site for it.

Dango said:
I'd imagine he'd be very, very British.
Holy Grail joke? Or am I missing something.