Poll: Is batman a superhero?

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
He is a super hero. Even if you were to argue that he doesn't have superpowers, he is abnormally strong and smart.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
Hahahahaha, oh man, sorry, but that title just made me think "My God, what a nerdy topic."

In my opinion, he's not really. I never really liked Batman that much, I mean he's awesome, but I don't think he's a real superhero.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Isn't a superhero someone with super-powers. Sure his list of 'humane' talents go on and on but is that really good enough of a reason to call him a superhero? I don't think so.

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
So far I have seen 2 groups in this topic:
1. Those that define a superhero on who they fight;
2. Those that define a superhero on what they use to fight their enemies(read: powers).

I would fall into the second group, so I don't think Batman is a superhero, even though he is capable of taking down pretty much anyone (with enough prep time). He is essentially a human at peak physical condition with insane amounts of training. I love Batman but I don't think he is a superhero.

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
Broken Orange said:
The fact that the goddamn Batman[footnote]can someone tell me the origin of this?[/footnote] can take on villain just as effectively as Superman and other people who had been blessed with powers, he deserves to be in the same category as they are.
'All-Star Batman And Robin' if I'm not mistaken.
P.S. Sorry about the response taking so long

Sven und EIN HUND

Sep 23, 2009
He doesn't technically have any powers, he just lives under a few circumstances that allow him to kick ass.

I'd define him as a superhero for sure, but not by conventional standards, although... He was one of the first "superhero" characters, I think, so, I dunno... D:

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
By most definitions, characters do not strictly require actual superhuman powers to be deemed superheroes, although terms such as costumed crime fighters are sometimes used to refer to those such as Batman and Green Arrow without such powers who share other common superhero traits. Such characters were generally referred to as "mystery men" in the so-called Golden Age of Comic Books to distinguish them from characters with super-powers.
Taken form Wikipedia.

So yes.
That anyone can edit? on a fictional thing swayed entirely by opinion? Wikipedia may not be the best source for this.

OT: no, he's not really super. Hell, i wouldnt even say he's a hero by definition. He's vigilante more then anything else, rich with access to gadgets and a good social life in the upper tiers.

However, he does heroic things, just not in a super manner. He doesnt do anyhting a cop with a no boundries wouldnt with mechanical assistance. He just does human things in human ways human amount of times. Batman is no more of a "super"hero then a firefighter or a police officer or a SWAT member.*

*this is not to belittle the things the parties mentioned do. Simply, I am stating he is just an average human level hero but has the gadgets and funds to do what he does where as the other departments do not.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Superhero's don't need super powers. So I clas both Ironman and Batman Superheros.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Darkgoosey666 said:
Right so after my geography exam and before my history one me and a friend argued about batman. She said he didnt have powers, so he was a regular 'hero' and i said by that logic iron man isnt a super hero, and that i will not stand for.

Anyway the debate snowballed until everyone and their dog had an opinion, so escapist, is batman a superhero?

BTW escapist, what the hell happened to my poll? there was a 'no' option!
Don't need powers to be a superhero imo.

As you said Ironman doesn't have superpowers, and yet he is considered a superhero.

Besides Batman has powers, its called "Prep-time"

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
but batman does, inarguably have at least 2 superpowers,
1)badassery
and
2)being really, really, obscenely rich

little.09

Jul 21, 2009
a superpower a genitic mutation and so is a photographic memory so that puts the super and the herioc stuff makes him a hero therefore superhero

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Ofcourse he's super hero.
His gadgets have supernatural powers, since he uses them it means he has super natural powers, ergo super hero.

And Batman is the only one with proper balls, it's not really hard going around beating up baddies if you're freaking Superman now is it.