Poll: Is It Weird When Men Love Cats?

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
Crazycat690 said:
As far as I'm concearned it's manlier to have a cat than a dog, why?
1. People often get dogs as "protectors", so they will feel safer, people get cats when they feel they can take care of themselves and just want some company.
2. Cats are predators, and unlike dogs they still have that need to kill, which is manly.
3. If you have a dog, you have to obey it's needs, it's like taking care of a retarded person, a cat does alot of things on his own.
4. Cats, no matter what you do, will always believe that THEY are in charge, they are the boss in the house, while dogs will surrender to their master...
5. People say "nice doggie" to dogs who do something good, people say "nice kitty" when the cats haven't done anything bad yet, ergo people knows that cat are evil creatures, and are happy and reward simply not doing evil deeds.

This is just some over the top opinions, however if you disagree you are still totally wrong.
1- People get dogs because they are friendly and love you. Though cats can be loving, I've never had a cat that was nicer than my dogs.
2- My dogs always catch rabits and rats, though why you would want any animal to kill another is wierd. I mean unless you don't feed it and let it eat other animals, I guess it's ok, but how will you stop them from eating other animals, like other peoples pets?
3- No, you have to obey a cats needs. Dogs follow you about and do what ever you tell them, while cats stay on your bed waiting you to feed them. Then when you want them to move for what ever reason, they get pissed off with you.
4- Why would you want your cat in charge of YOU. If a dog thinks you're the boss, then he will give you no trouble. Cats believe they are the boss, so when you try to get them to do something (as I said before, like moving off somewhere when you want to work there), they get angry at you. At best they run outside and stay there for hours avoiding you, at worst they try to attack you. My dogs would never do that to me.
5-Cats are not evil, they are terortorial. If they think you are invading their space, then they will try to stop you. And saying "a cat is evil" is not a good arguement to whether to get a cat rahter than a dog or any other household pet.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
I do like cats, and will openly show affection to them, regardless of who watches. I do prefer dogs, though. They're more intelligent, and my adoration of cats doesn't really stand up to the bond I have with the loyal black labrador, Bramble. Like all the dogs owned by members of my family, I raised him from a puppy, and he was the first one (aside from a hilarious terrier) that it was really left to me to raise.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Biosophilogical said:
Chapper said:
Every cat looks like they're scheming for household domination.
They start of as cute little fuzz-balls, so that you don't run them through with a spear, and by the time their evil begins to show, they've already corrupted your soul so much that you can't see it.

I'm a dog person myself. Working dogs (or sheep dogs) are a personal favourite (all of my dogs have been cross breeds of sheep dogs).

OT: Cats are creepy and are only loved because they are 'fuzzy, wuzzy adorable', which is not a very masculine reason to have a pet. So yes, it is weird when men (the gender, not the sex) love cats, because it is so very contrary to the rest of their image.
I disagree. Cats are the ultimate in pet masculinity.

For one thing, cats get all the ladies. Say what you will about their methods, but they work. Have you ever met a girl who didn't love cats? Probably, but it's still rare.

Dogs are goofy. They slobber, they work in packs, they come when called, they want to be your friend. A cat is constantly asserting it's dominance over you. A cat is aloof, stoic, and lethal. A dog can retrieve animals after you shoot them, a cat will them itself.

A cat doesn't need you. It appreciates you, but you aren't necessary. You have to earn it's love, but if you pet a dog it's your friend forever.

So, no. It's not weird when men love cats.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
snakeakaossi said:
Chapper said:
I like turtles, myself.
Says the person with Mario for an avatar. Jumping, even!
I do like them, the general assumption that I try to flatten turtles by jumping on them is utterly false. It's just a love tap.

imnotparanoid said:
Out of intrest is your name Jonothan?
I'm afraid it's not.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Anders from Dragon Age Awakening/2 is already considered quite weird before you mention the fact that he loves cats. He's a smartass in Awakening and is mostly a whining annoyance, going on and on about how mages are so oppressed in DA2. Plus he loves cats.

Sep 14, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
Of course not. Such is the power of the cat.

...speaking as a over six-foot, 250 lb. guy who's been known to break off conversations with "kitty!" >_>
i just imagined a HUGE guy with a really deep voice saying that while causing earth quakes with his steps trying to chase down teh kitty... lol

OT:

Wha what? I LOVE CATS...granted i'm allergic as a fat kid on healthy food to them but i do love em, plus they are much better pets than

women, they don't whine and ***** all day long while talking your ear off, they cuddle up without asking for anything in return and do sweet ass crazy things randomly, nuff said?

(I kid I kid, but cats are still very awesome)

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
I have never heard anything so absurd in my life. Okay, that might have been a lie, this is the internet after all, absurdities have no end.
They are one of the most successful predators on earth, they can survive in most areas of the earth just by hunting and living of the land. Just like cats, therefor if anything, cats are very masculine (I really hate the word though, putting a label on what is and what isn't "masculine" is stupid).

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Wait what? Since when were we not allowed to love cats? Did I miss the memo or something? Should I turn in my man card now?

Jan 23, 2010
Seriously....

How can you not love this singularity of adorableness that is a cat.

I'm gonna say the same thing that multiple people surely have said already. Sure cats might not be "manly" but are you manly enough to have a cat and not take shit from others?

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
K4ndY said:
There is nothing wrong with a guy liking cats, or dogs, or any pet for that matter. I have a cat, and so does my boyfriend. I don't see why some people would have a problem with this. Here is a pic of our two cuties. ^-^

The way that the cat on the left is just sitting down is one of the most adorable things I've seen in quite a while!

OT: I love cats, and it really gets on my nerves when someone bashes cats. I understand if you're allergic, but when people pull the whole "cats don't really like you" thing I just want to hit them. It's complete bullshit. Anyway, I'm off to cuddle my kitty now.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
I think the reason they're considered feminine, is because in general, their most desirable quality is that they're cute, whereas dogs for instance, are usually pets because they are fun.

Regardless, no, it's not strange for a guy to like animals because they are cute.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
If I ever meet a girl who doesn't like the fact that I like cats, then that girl won't be worth knowing, to me at any rate. I'm serious here, literally every girl I know likes cats. Plenty of my female friends hate mice, and I have one friend who's scared of pigeons, but they all like cats. So yeah.

I'm a straight male of twenty-one years who has a cat, and a dog, and loves cats to bits. I sit here typing this while our cat is curled up asleep in the paper basket on the desk by the computer, and a few moments ago she was curled up on my lap letting me stroke her. I say 'letting' because as we all know, you don't just do something to a cat. Cats ALLOW you to do things...

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
I am a straight male and I think cats are AWESOME >:D

Also hilarious and adorable. Just make sure to keep an eye on them.