Poll: Let us remember The Banned...

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
M920CAIN said:
You guys do realize you can just make a different account if you are banned right? I don't think there's such thing as a permanent ban, unless the banned person is DEAD. Only in death are we permanently banned.
There is IP closure. The Mods don't like to do it even when posters go really rogue--maybe partly because they're concerned about blocking off the innocent--but they can and have blocked access to the Escapist by closing IP's.

Or at least I've heard that they've done it. I don't know of an actual case in which they did it.

Oh, another reason they don't like to close down IP's is for the Advertisement Hits they can lose. I wouldn't be surprised if that's more important to them than barring rogue posters.

The Escapist is notorious for being poor its thrift.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Sacman said:
Not to mention he was starting to make mParadox kind of uncomfortable... if I remember correctly... so I'm sure some of his mod friends took notice after that...
Oh you know, the sheer intensity of being intensely loved from thousands of miles away kind of gets to you.

OH and I had nothing to do with his dramatic suspension and banning. That was all him. Classy classy him.

And he also jumped. Or whatever it is ya'll are calling it. Made another account, mods found out(not through me mind), that one got banned too.

*sighs* I miss the drama. It was silly. But fun. For me. It was probably emotionally horrifying for him. >.>

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
EscapeGoat said:
Was Pimp part of that April Fool mass banning by (I think) Kuliani? Heh, memories.

Also, ah, fair enough. I remember NeonBob gaining fame because of his rapid post count accumulation, but I must be misremembering his achieving 20K as the first 10K. Thanks for clearing that up :)

You clearly do have a massive site history archive hidden away in your head. Awesome stuff :D
Pimp was the guy that organised the mass banning in the first place. It's how he got his Thanks! badge.

I used to remember even more about the forums (I could remember and find specific posts from old threads to link to), but that was years ago.

Colour-Scientist said:
When I started posting here I used to think he was really clever. He had that music industry thread too, didn't he?
I wondered what had happened to him. Why did he leave?
He got pissed off about a thread not being moderated and decided to quit in a huff. You can find the post here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.337773-Marines-Desecrate-Insurgent-corpse-urinate-on-it?page=6#13665211]. As much as I miss him, I do wish he chose a classier way to go.

M920CAIN said:
You guys do realize you can just make a different account if you are banned right? I don't think there's such thing as a permanent ban, unless the banned person is DEAD. Only in death are we permanently banned.
Having a second account to get round a ban is a bannable offense. And believe me as someone who used to moderate these forums, the Tech Team have their ways of tracking down and preventing banjumpers.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Sacman said:
Vault101 said:
hey anyone remember lilithslave? I know she wanst banned but her "dramatic exit"
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.376797-Please-help-me-find-another-forum-online-community?page=1

was worthy of a true prima-donna!
Oh yeah I remember her... I really didn't like her... more than a few times she'd take take one of my posts, flame and accuse me of things that weren't even hinted at in my posts... even when I was just making a joke... <.>

Also, anyone remember Demented Teddy?

I remember how huge of a deal it was when she was banned.. had public backlash and everything... it was ridiculous... with that whole strike where people were changing their avy to the cover of, I Have No Mouth, But I Must Scream...<.<
I remember her she believed poisoning africans with chemical waste was OK because they werent americans.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
This thread has made me realize how much the Escapist user base has changed since I have been here. Ever looked at Escapist posts from like 2009? It is like a graveyard of banned users, almost all of them with avatars I remember (well not now since The Escapist brought in the stupid perma-banned avatar).

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Sacman said:
[
Also, what happened to like Cherry Cola and Sleekgiant, and Jack and Calumon, and Onyx Oblivion, and Julian King, and Neon Bob, and Aby_z
I can tell you right now Jack and Calumon has not been banned, in fact, he posted yesterday. Onyx doesn't care for the site as much anymore and doesn't plan on coming back (I miss playing Gears of War with him :<). Sleek, Julian, Neon and Aby are all fine. Cheery (Or Hubilub as he is better known as) was banned for trolling. And when I say trolling, I mean he made a thread with a link to a blog called "Shitty women magazine." He was friends with Furburt and Demented Teddy though and after they were banned, all of their friends pretty much went on a trolling rampage. This include Hubilub, Lord Curthberton, Xandus and Kharloth and possibly Swollen Goat who followed them over after his ban.

Edit: For the record, I don't actually miss anyone. I'm just going through this thread and going "I remember when he was banned, his kidneys were a great addition to my collection."

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Can I just warn people to be careful when talking about previous users. You guys are managing to toe the line now, but if I start seeing any serious name calling, I'm gonna have to take action. :I

Srzly, guiz.

OT: I still miss MaxTheReaper, he was a fun guy. He disappeared from twitter last year too. :/

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
sky14kemea said:
Can I just warn people to be careful when talking about previous users. You guys are managing to toe the line now, but if I start seeing any serious name calling, I'm gonna have to take action. :I

Srzly, guiz.

OT: I still miss MaxTheReaper, he was a fun guy. He disappeared from twitter last year too. :/
Hey! Double Red-guard posts! I know declare this thread an official mod party!

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
sky14kemea said:

Srzly, guiz.

I wondered how long it would be before the Mods showed up but...seriously...I thought we were all doing quite well and that everyone was being well mannered, considering.

In fact I've been rather proud of how polite everyone's been. And now you glare at us when--oh, woe is me--nobody has done anything!

Would a little Monty Python be out of order?

Probably so. Oh, well.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Sacman said:
Dr.Susse said:
Also, what happened to like Cherry Cola and Sleekgiant, and Jack and Calumon, and Onyx Oblivion, and Julian King, and Neon Bob, and Aby_z... haven't seen any of them around in forever... I wonder if any of them got banned... I remember they all used to be staples of the escapist... much like Yureina used to be... but that was a long time ago...<.<
Other than Cherry Cola, the Asylum crew remains un-banned. Most of them have simply left due to the deteriorating state of the forums.
But I shall remain, rebuild the forums, and restore them to their former glory!

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Sacman said:
Well obviously... MaxTheReaper... he who shall not be named... never knew him... but he will forever be apart of the Escapists history... he went down in a blaze of hatred and rage...<.<

To this day I still am completely unable to tell whether they were a boy or a girl... perhaps we will never know...<.<
Whether anyone liked Max or not.. he was a god among this forum.
..I miss him dearly.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
maddawg IAJI said:
Hey! Double Red-guard posts! I know declare this thread an official mod party!
Awwwwh sweet, I'll break out the Cherryade!
Copper Zen said:
I wondered how long it would be before the Mods showed up but...seriously...I thought we were all doing quite well and that everyone was being well mannered, considering.

In fact I've been rather proud of how polite everyone's been. And now you glare at us when--oh, woe is me--nobody has done anything!

Would a little Monty Python be out of order?

Probably so. Oh, well.
Whoa whoa whoa, I'm not glaring! D: Quite the opposite! I'm proud of you guys for making it this far without anything bad happening. Just a friendly warning so things don't get out of hand.

And Monty Python is never out of order.

White-Death

Oct 31, 2011
Mathew94,he was a great and helpful guy,and probably the only guy I really had a full fledged conversation with.
Boudica was funny and Bizzare,but that menstrual art thread scarred me for life.
TestEcull,holy shit,that guy was HILARIOUS.Shame He's gone.

Also,using my magical lurking powers,I think Furburt and Hubilub left to make a new forum,they requested a ban upon leaving.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Palademon said:
Since other people have mentioend Lilithslave's abandonement, I do actually miss them. They were very misunderstood, like them feeling outcast when they made a thread about Touhou being the one true religion, and nobody saw the jokeyness in it because it was obscure enoguh for people to take it as some kind of oppression by hipsters. Basically getting disliked for expressing their love of a game. That's a bit sad for a gaming site.
Lilithslave simply didn't survive the growing pains of being on this forum. She took a bit too much offense against people ridiculing what she liked, but that's the risk you take when you throw your likes in the open like that. And then she made a very passive aggressive thread about how she shan't ever return to this forum.

All she needed to do was loosen up.

cahtush

Jul 7, 2010
@Stagnant who just couldn't stay away from Xanthious' threads.
Oh, and @Xanthious in a "im glad hes banned" sort of way. He got more than a few people banned.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Vault101 said:
hey anyone remember lilithslave? I know she wanst banned but her "dramatic exit"
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.376797-Please-help-me-find-another-forum-online-community?page=1

was worthy of a true prima-donna!
She was a bomb waiting to go off. If she hadn't left on her own back in June, I'd be damn sure we would be counting her name on the list of The Banned right now.
Boudica was a strange one, my dislikal for her actually lowered as time passed, but then I guess some switch just flipped and I guess she got banned for something? I dunno.

Oct 2, 2012
Oh boy Do I miss so many people.... ButI shall only post about two!

My most missed is MaxTheReaper. He/She/it was endlessly entertaining and I enjoyed a thread 10x more whenever he showed up.

And the other was a friend of Max's I believe. I forget the name but towards the end of his career he took up an HK-47 avatar and started speaking as HK did.
Was it New Troll?

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I don't generally remember specific escapist members enough to notice when some get banned, but who could possibly forget Zeel?

That guy hated Bioware with a passion I didn't know human beings were capable of.

Anyone remember this legendary [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.351892-BioWare-Defends-Mass-Effect-3-Launch-Day-DLC?page=1"]44 page thread argument[/a] over the $10 From Ashes DLC for ME3? 90% of it was precipitated by him constantly spewing unending insanity and hatred towards Bioware and anyone who replied to him and ultimately resulted in his suspension. I seriously think that guy had a mental health problem, and in retrospect maybe should have been ignored.

[REDACTED]

Apr 30, 2012
He's probably been mentioned already (I haven't read the entire thread), but remember Anthraxus? Anytime the Elder Scrolls were mentioned he would strike the thread like a homing missile. Can't say I miss him.

Edit: Also sad to see that Matthew94 is gone. I remember enjoying his posts alot.