Poll: Personal Issue with Batman: Arkham City

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
MysticToast said:
Tell me, OP. Did you complain when Soul Calibur II (I believe it was II) had three different exclusive characters depending on which console you bought it for?
Wasn'T that soul caliber 3? plus thats entirely different, each platformes had different character, you didn't have to pre-order NOR pay extra money for them ... hell You can get a batman arkham city skin from buying the blu ray green lantern movie... i mean really ? ... Really?

irequirefood

May 26, 2010
Oh no, you're missing out on a couple of aesthetic choices, and what essentially is side missions as another character, because you want to get the game cheaper and give absolutely no money to the developers for it. My heart breaks for you.

Hamish Durie

Apr 30, 2011
omg imma miss out on skins
don't care and I didn't find out about catwoman till a few days ago so It felt like a bounus rather then gouging
i'm ok

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
If I had to have Chuck Norris punch me in the stomach to play Arkham City I would do it. Come on, it almost has a perfect score on PS3. Worth it.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
NotSoLoneWanderer said:
Mordereth said:
NotSoLoneWanderer said:
Hey they gotta make money somehow...
Maybe by selling video-games, eh?
Then supplementing that cash with DLC and pre-order bonuses to make more money to make better games with larger budgets?
If only they used that money to ACTUALLY make better games.

Look at CoD, it's clear that the (vast majority of the) money is NOT going into new development.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
krazykidd said:
MysticToast said:
Tell me, OP. Did you complain when Soul Calibur II (I believe it was II) had three different exclusive characters depending on which console you bought it for?
Wasn'T that soul caliber 3? plus thats entirely different, each platformes had different character, you didn't have to pre-order NOR pay extra money for them ... hell You can get a batman arkham city skin from buying the blu ray green lantern movie... i mean really ? ... Really?
3 was a Playstation exclusive. I'm still pissed about that because 2 (Gamecube version) is still in my top 5 greatest games of all time.

ZeZZZZevy

Apr 3, 2011
This argument I get the least.

The bonuses are just that, bonuses. This is the publisher saying thank you for buying new. They are not taking anything away from the game (skins are cosmetic and catwoman is a bunch of side missions that only add to your experience, the game functions perfectly well without them). You are not entitled to a bunch of extra content.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Iron_Man_977 said:
for one, while its hard to believe, rocksteady is not made up of alien wizards. they are humans like you and me, and they need things like food to survive, so they are just trying to rake in some cash.
And with the commercial flop this game is bound to be, given the utter failure of the first one, they absolutely need that money for food!

Come now, let's stop being silly.

VulpisFox

Mar 29, 2011
I got a free copy with my new graphics card. I would have bought it anyway though. I would not have bought the skins and I am a PC gamer, therefore all games I buy are new so I wouldn't even have the chance to get the catwoman thing. I think the skin stuff is stupid, but it doesn't change the game so I don't care. Plus it's not taking away any recourses from the game really. Seems like something the design teams worked on during their off-time.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
If costumes are that important to you, they'll probably release a DLC costume pack containing them all and if you want to play as Catwoman, just buy it new. The devs have to make money too you know

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I honestly thought this would be something bigger than just add-ons.

Skins? They aren't the main part of the game, they're just cosmetic add-ons. I'd be more pissed if they're holding out a part of the game that actually mattered, but to be pissed about skins, no offense OP, is petty.

I wouldn't doubt that they will all be available eventually, just give it time, they might be later bonus add-ons.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
WindScar said:
NotSoLoneWanderer said:
Hey they gotta make money somehow...
By which I mean "Isn't it enough selling the game itself?"
In triple A titles? Barely. If at all.

But if you hate the business model, then don't buy it. It's a consumer right to not support things they dislike.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
The skins are extra. I don't see the problem. Now I support used game sales, so that part bugs me a bit, but not the skins.

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
I don't have a problem with day 1 DLC as long s a used purchaser can get it for a nominal fee on XBLA or PSN later if they choose. It's here to stay and will soon be in everything so the choice is accept it or stop gaming.

That said, I'm buying it tomorrow and I have to juggle a 65 hour work week so I can beat it before BF3 comes out.

As far as preorder bonuses, I'd prefer if companies took the Just Cause 2 route and added the ones you didn't get later for $1 or so. A lot of the skins look ugly enough to make me want to use the default (which looks bad ass) anyway. Just wish they would get off the progressive damage kick so I could finish the game in something other than rags.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Radeonx said:
Yep. Because skins and a side character are going to be the main 90% of the game.

They are fucking aesthetics. They don't matter.
This times 8422132

who cares if you dont get to play as 1950's Batman

Oct 30, 2010
Catwoman maybe.

But the skins? FFS. It's a throw in bonus, like fucking bobbleheads or something for the first 20,000 people at a sporting event.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
Preorder bonuses.. hate them... although honestly I'd not want different skins, as they inevitably won't match the aesthetic of the game.

Unlock codes for brand new games.. absolutely. While I often by used games, I accept that the developer gets zero income from me, so I should expect no support for any issue and should ask none under any circumstances, and that the developer is free to restrict my access to something that I have not paid them for.

mynameisphil

Nov 1, 2010
Everything I've heard says that the Catwoman stuff is optional and a very small part of the game. If you want to buy the game used that's fine. The price you pay for not buying it new is the forfeit of a small part of the game that doesn't change the story at all. I personally am a fan of buying things used. This and Catherine and Goldeneye for the Wii are the only games that I can remember getting new in the last few years. And of my personal money only about $8 of it was actually mine. I traded in quite a few of my games for this one. And I'm a fan of DLC if it adds something to the game. But I must admit I did download almost every Mass Effect 1&2 DLC. Cuz those games are like Crack to me.

Nemesis729

Jul 9, 2010
I think your being kind of petty, almost all big games do this nowadays, plus it's not like you're really missing any of the game if you don't pre-order it right?