Poll: Poll: BioWare or Bethesda?

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
BioWare, definitely. for one, they try really hard when it comes to story, and they do their best to improve gameplay in sequels.

also, Bethesda seems incapable of releasing a game that isnt entirely freaking buggy.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Imre Csete said:
I prefer oranges, but I enjoy apples aswell.
Yes, it's comparing apples to oranges, but as you mentioned, you can still prefer one over the other. Thus, your post is kind of useless. Wanna tell us which game dev you prefer, like the OP asked for?

northeast rower

Dec 14, 2010
Cuy said:
northeast rower said:
Cuy said:
northeast rower said:
Cuy said:
To my knowledge, there are no bad Bioware games. But there are bad Bethesda games. So yeah, Bioware it is.

Just look at all of those games and tell me I'm wrong. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bethesda_Softworks_games]
You are wrong. Bethesda publishes plenty of good games. Bioware is great, don't get me wrong, but it has a messy track record too, just like any developer. That Sonic RPG? Yeah, that's not GOTY material. Not to mention that they have something like four franchises. Bethesda at least has a varied track record. I agree that Bioware is the better of the two, but Bethesda isn't that far behind in my opinion.
Most of the games they published are horseshit, and most of the games they've developed are as well. Yeah, they've, to a certain degree, improved over the years. But if we do it as a good to bad games ratio, they lose big time.

Publishing good games? Well, Bioware isn't a publisher, so I think that's kind of an unfair contest...
Didn't mean to say publish, meant to say develop. Anyway, my opinion still applies when you read it that way. Besides which, do something besides calling everything "horseshit" if you're going to make an argument. I would like to get specific examples if we're going to argue each other's points.
The Terminator
Home Alone
Wheres Waldo?
Terminator 2029
The Elder Scrolls Arena
An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire
The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
All of those Wayne Gretzky Hockey games

That good enough for ya? I did link a list containing all games they've ever developed. You could've just looked at that yourself, actually...
Actually, I did. I looked at the same shit you did and my opinion stands. For every developer there will be a "Modern Warfare 2" for every "Call of Duty 4"- developers make better games by experimenting and diversifying. If Bioware doesn't make some major changes soon, the formula they've established will get stale. There's only so much ground that romance subplots and special powers can cover.

J40kfan15

Jan 30, 2010
Bethesda with GOTY award winning games like Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fall Out 3 in addition to Daggerfel a great game for its time. To allow you the player to decide for yourself what your character is and their motivations rather then having to chose beween limited options with the use of renegade and paragon meters to cite one example from bioware and not forced to say something that you may or may not intend.

Granted I liked both Mass Effect 1 and 2 however I don't much care for the linearity and I'm confident that TES Skyrim will be the game of the year like its predecessors rather then Mass Effect 3 for 2011.

GahzlyGriffon

Feb 12, 2009
Baron Von Evil Satan said:
BioWare. I've just always felt like the story and writing were much more immersive than Bethseda. I also always thought Bethesda's games lacked a lot of direction, it just sort of set a massive world before you and didn't really tell you where to go.

However, if you could combine Bethesda's gameplay and world style, and BioWare's writing and story development I think it would possibly be the best RPG known to man.
the only statement in videogaming history that is 100% correct i would pay £100 for a game THAT good

Off topic: Isnt this rather biased if the op has a video of me ?

Twaddlefish

Nov 16, 2008
GahzlyGriffon said:
Baron Von Evil Satan said:
BioWare. I've just always felt like the story and writing were much more immersive than Bethseda. I also always thought Bethesda's games lacked a lot of direction, it just sort of set a massive world before you and didn't really tell you where to go.

However, if you could combine Bethesda's gameplay and world style, and BioWare's writing and story development I think it would possibly be the best RPG known to man.
the only statement in videogaming history that is 100% correct i would pay £100 for a game THAT good
I will make love to these posts.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
Bethesda, by a gnat's testicle. I just love big-ass open games that are fast loading with no less than a hundred locations to explore.

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
Definitely Bethesda. I can't stand third person anythinq, and the Bioware qames I have played (Neverwinter Niqhts 1 & 2) were not very fun.

honestly i hated neverwinter niqhts i found the inventory system confusinq the plot uninterestinq and i didnt even qet to the multiplayer which is a very bad siqn

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
They're both amazing companies. I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas (though it wasn't developed by Bethesda), as well as Morrowind and Oblivion. I also loved Baldur's Gate II, Mass Effect 1 and 2, and Dragon Age: Origins. Still, I have to give my vote to Bethesda for the sheer amount of time I've spent playing/enjoying their games.

May 5, 2010
Well, I'm not sure why I have to choose, they're both very good at what they do, after all. But as far as RPGs go...Bioware. Easily Bioware.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Despite the fact that Fallout 3 is arguably one of my favorite games of all time, I am going to go for Bioware on this one. I didn't like Dragon Age, but Mass Effect, KotOR, and Baldur's Gate more than make up for that.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
I love bethesda but bioware made my top 3 fav games ever, KotOR, Mass Effect and Dragonage:Origins

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
I just started singing a song. It goes a bit like: "versus thread, versus thread, versus thread or versus thread versus versus thread and versus thread."

I say both.

Interrobangin

Apr 20, 2010
Daggerfall and Morrowind were both amazing games, but then Bethesda made Oblivion. So my vote goes to BioWare out of spite.

llamastorm.games

Apr 10, 2008
I think Joey says it very well, except BioWare is Food and Bethesda is Sex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51vrGjG1Wog
I'd embed it but its disabled and i couldnt find another vid of it.