Poll: Poll: BioWare or Bethesda?

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
While I tend to like the combat a little more for Bethesda, I like Bioware games more

Lord Legion

Feb 26, 2010
I know the province of Vvardenfell better than my own town.

Gonna have to got with Bethesda on this one...before Baldur's Gate 2 calls me back.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Depends; does Bethesda count as having made New Vegas, or is that Obsidian?

Presuming that Bethesda's just NV's publisher, and considering that I'm liking Mass Effect so far (confusing introduction nonwithstanding), I'd go with Bioware. My experience with Bethesda-developed games is Oblivion and Fallout 3; the former bored me, the latter was good from what I've played, but ultimately not enough considering what I've heard about the later plot.

tom919

Aug 7, 2009
Bioware, I play all their games to completion and usually play them a few times over. Bethesda make good games, but after a while they begin to grate.

MulticolorCharizard

Nov 14, 2010
No_Remainders said:
rockyoumonkeys said:
Eh...both are great, but Bethesda loses points for having their name attached to the abomination known as Fallout New Vegas. I know they didn't develop it, but they still published it.

Bioware's games are great, but I think I still enjoyed getting lost in the worlds of Oblivion and Fallout 3 enough to even the scales.
To be fair, Fallout 3 was worse than New Vegas.

Far, far worse.
As an entry into the fallout series, I agree with you on that, it felt more like a Fallout game, the characters story atmostphere, I felt like I was playing Fallout 2 all over again.

But, as a game, Fallout 3 beats New Vegas by a MILE.

crazyfoxdemon

Oct 2, 2009
I'm going to have to go with Bioware.. While I've spent more time playing Bethesda games, I enjoyed playing Bioware games more..

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
GeorgW said:
It's not even a question for me, Bioware all the way! Bethesda's games are so glitchy nowadays... But old school fallout was great!
I didn't think Fallout 3 was that buggy, and Oblivion was alright too. Never played the old Fallout games though...

Cuy said:
To my knowledge, there are no bad Bioware games. But there are bad Bethesda games. So yeah, Bioware it is.

Just look at all of those games and tell me I'm wrong. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bethesda_Softworks_games]
I thought Mass Effect was a bad game, and I loved Oblivion and Fallout 3. Bethesda it is!

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
It seems kinda difficult to try and compare Bioware and Bethesda. They both develope RPGs but the RPGs they develop are not very similar. In my opinion I like Bioware and Bethesda both the same. They both develop good video games.

russkiimperial

May 20, 2010
Bioware here. It seems almost to a man that people who like a good storyline will go with Bioware (like myself) whereas people that want as a big and open world as possible will go with Bethesda. Playing Bethesda RPGs almost feels like a one player MMORPG. Most people don't really spend as much time following the storyline in a Bethesda game as they do walking around looking for loot in big open areas and killing the same enemies over and over. It really comes down to what you want out of your RPG.

Thirsk

Jan 18, 2009
Bethesda. As much as I like BioWare's games, Morrowind is the greatest game I've ever played, biased as I am. So Bethesda it is.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
It's hard to choose for me. I really like Morrowind and Oblivion but I don't like Fallout 3. On the other hand I love Mass Effect 1 and 2 but I don like Dragon age at all. I have no idea which developer I should choose.

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
I love fallout 3. Simply love it...but I have to give it up to bioware even though I prefer bethesdas genre of games and take on first person shooter.

tunderball

Jul 10, 2010
They are both amazing, two of the best game developers out there. Bioware probably does have the best Narratives though, while Bethesda games are really fun to just mess around in.

Trillovinum

Dec 15, 2010
I had fun playing the wide open world games like Fallout 3 and Oblivion but they have such crappy dialog and storyline. The games are more centered around side quests than actual story. Luckily they have massive areas you can run around in.
You'll have to do it alone however because you never meet anyone you can actually be friends with (or more)and all the possible followers just get in your way and have the nasty tendency to DIE.
Bioware games on the other hand have great story, compelling characters and engaging relationships. They are however horribly restricting. You can't go wherever you want to and you can only visit many places ONCE.

With all these things combined I give Bethesda an 8/10 and Bioware a 9/10
(because I have a soft spot for a compelling story.)

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
BioWare made the Mass Effect and KOTOR series, which were some of my favorite games ever.

But Bethesda made Morrowind and Oblivion, which I liked a hell of a lot more. So I'm going with Bethesda. Narrowly.

BolterFire

Dec 30, 2010
To be fair, they are both terrible(saying this only after having played almost every RPG they have made). Bioware was better ,but only when working with Black Isle Studios- BIS created the original Fallout series, Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale and the epic Planetscape:Torment. All the rest are a mass of intrusive copyright protection, DLC's that should have been included in the original game, dumbed down choices & dialogue and in most cases cant be considered RPGs in any real sense anyway (combat RPGs at best, like what Diablo 2 would look from a first person perspective). I suppose Bioware is marginally better still, but not by much.