Poll: Poll:Is your PS2 still working?

Nechti_Visara

May 1, 2008
I actually remember my best friend's original PS2 crapping out for good while we were playing FFX, hilariously enough.

My original crapped out a couple of years ago and I'd had it for about 6 years or so; it was probably something I could have fixed if I knew anything about fixing stuff like that, but I didn't and I couldn't. I have a slim now, though, and it works really well. Hell, my new one survived being turned on for about three-four days straight because I forgot it was still on when my friend left until the next time he visited.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Last time I checked it was still working, though I haven't played it in awhile. My original fat one broke down years ago and I had to replace it with a silver slim one, which as far as I know is still working, but like I said I haven't checked recently.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Yarp! It still works.

I just never play the damned thing. It's 10 years old now. XD

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
My original PS2 is still running, it has never once failed me, it's always been perfect. I hope it stays that way!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I only had one PS2 fail on me but it would have been an easy fix had I known all you need to do to fix disc read errors is open it up and turn a gear specifically. No joke there's a number of sites that show how to fix it and it actually does work.

Davih

May 7, 2011
My 6 year old slim version still works. And my controllers work. I never use it though, its a brilliant dust collector.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Damn double post. Plus I have to keep typing to avoid the low word count police!!!!!!!!!

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
yep! it amazes me how the disc tray error it had the day we got it eventually went away and has never returned and how the NEWER tech, namely the original xbox 360 we have flipped that scenario around...i guess i should blame the communists over in china for manufacturing crap technology? then again tech just f**king BREAKS around me!!!!!

but yeah, the ps2 is fine and dandy! i think i'll play some more FFX later this week!

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Wherethefuckiswally said:
During the usual Summer game drought where all the big companies wait for the xmas releases (things like MW3, Asscreed, GOW, etc) I fired up my PS2. First I finally completed kingdom Hearts, then FFX (before I heard about the remake) and the other day I bought FF12 for £5 as well. Can't really go wrong playing the classics, even just for the nostaliga
Just do yourself a favior and lower your expextations for FF 12. It will be less disapointing that way when you find out how much of a bad Return of the Jedi rip off it is.

Tesral

Jul 19, 2011
I have the slim, which works perfectly except for the slot 1 memory card reader. Both of my memory cards function fine, but the slot 1 reader is broken, so any game that doesn't accept slot 2 I essentially can't save on. This led to an ultimately failed Prince of Persia-thon, trying to complete the whole game in a single sitting having never done so before.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
my silver PS2 is currently above my PS3. i did have an original black one but it broke after a year for unknown reasons.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
I got one after they'd been out for a few months and after about a year the first controller port started wigging out so I took it in and it JUST happened to work at the store *whew*.

I fondly remember my ps2 days. Then, of course, I purchased a ps3 wayyy too late to get a ps2-backwards-compatible version.

I dig that they're making rehashes of ps2 games, since I didn't get to play it in it's hay-day.

Sauko

Nov 12, 2009
My PS2 slim is still working even after I dropped it about a month ago; however, there seems to be a little rattling inside whenever I move it...

Particulate

May 27, 2011
Mine was still working like a charm when I sold it. Don't need one since my PS3 is backwards compatable

ddrfr33k

Nov 11, 2010
Yes, although mine requires a few caveats. I've opened my consoles up on several occasions, primarily to fix/hack them. So I don't exactly get the full "yes" for my vote.