Poll: Poll:Is your PS2 still working?

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
Not only does it still work but it's the non-portable system I still use the most. I do love my silver slim PS2.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
Hell yes it does! In fact, I just picked up Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves for it the other day! The Playstation 2 is easily one of the best investments I ever made! That being said, I would REALLY like to upgrade to a PS3 before it's considered obsolete.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
I have 2 PS2's and they both still work. A remake of FF 10 is retarded considering how people have begged for a remake to 7 and then they go and remake 10??

BTW, if you hook your PS2 up to an HDTV via component cable and look at the horrible graphics of FF 10 but still it doesn't need to be remade. It's a linear, one playthrough type of game and everyone has already played through it.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
My PS2 still works. Finished playing through Fatal Frame 1 and 2. Going to start Fatal Frame 3 after I play through Dragon Age: Origins. (Yeah I know I am behind in my gaming.)

Timmy HarleQuin

Jul 27, 2010
My PS2 is still going, she's a bit slow to get games running, no longer plays DVD's, is the noisiest ************ out there and I have to leave its outer casing off because it's warped so bad it jams the disc tray, but I still get to play some Star Wars Battlefront and Ratchet & Clank on it so I am pretty happy with it. It was also the 'new' one when it came out, the block one, not the slim. Removing the outer casing did void the warranty but after 8 years I think it outlived the warranty

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
Irriduccibilli said:
Yup, my PS2 slim is still working like a charm, and I still play MGS3 on it from time to time, and Jak 2&3 for nostalgia
Oh how I appreciate your existence...
Jak and Daxter series are up there in my favorite games... except for the first one.

OT: My slim PS2 is still alive and kicking. I've had it for quite some time.

On the other hand, my Xbox 360 has never had a problem either, I've had it for 3-4 years, and when I got it it was supposed to have a 20GB hard drive but it came with a 60GB. I can't complain about either.

(I had a single red ring once when I noticed I didn't fully plug in my hard drive)

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
I got mine from my sister and her husband 6 years ago. It's probably pushing at least 8. Still alive and kicking, and I still love it madly.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Slowly degraded over time. First it couldn't play PS1 games, then it couldn't play DVD's, and then it couldn't play PS2 games.

Can still play Final Fantasy XI, though.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
It was but I had to put it in my garage for a while and when I took it back out after a month, the wires were somehow fried! I was so mad because I had almost finished KH: Chain of Memories. Not happy in the least with it!

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Yep :D

That's at least 10 years now, and it works perfectly. None of the games are broken and the (tiny) memory cards still have saves from years ago. What I really want now is a monitor with SCART and DVI ports so I can connect my PS2 and my PC and get around to finishing Dark Cloud...

Motakikurushi

Jul 22, 2009
Nope. Although it will play some games, my original PS2 console is well and truly done for. It got to the point where it wouldn't read memory cards or load any dvd. Kingdom Hearts and Persona 4 work on it, but nothing else. I've had it for 7 years but from my experiences owning 2 of the things they're very unreliable.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
I still have a first release ps1 + controllers somewhere. It has to be on it's top to play properly, but it still works.

thecoreyhlltt

Jul 12, 2010
i don't have an XBOX so i play my PS2 every day... i guess that puts me under the yes,ps2,slim category!

like i just stayed up all night beating the van helsing game for ps2, pretty damn sick. and now it's time for fight club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

squeekenator

Dec 23, 2008
No, it's not. :(

Fortunately FFX is the only PS2 game I want to replay, so once the remake/graphical update is released it won't matter any more.