Poll: Security Guards V.S. 12-year old punk

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
meh. I would hardly start crying 'halp halp im bein oppressed im bein oppressed' over this. the kid started kicking the guard and trying to get away, so the guard put him on the ground. Nothing improper there. kid didn't even look like he got hurt.

Assuming the guards had a legitimate reason for detaining him in the first place I'm fully prepared to take their side here.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
2733 said:
Take it from someone who has had to stop and calm people of the boy's size, the guard was way to rough, but it seems (now that I've re-watched the video) rather then being malicious the guard just doesn't know what he is doing.
Certainly possible. I've never been in the unenviable position of having to restrain someone of that size. It's come close a couple of times, but I'm 6'8" and built like a brick shithouse, so the few times it's come up, I can quell them with a hard look.

That said, I still think the guard didn't do anything unreasonable, especially in light of the fact that the kid and his posse were giving him death threats. He wasn't nice about it, but he stayed well within the bounds of acceptable behavior.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
Kids are stupid, and this is coming from an 18 year old.

Fuck children, they're idiots. And the adults that let them get away with stupid shit aren't any better.

Kids shouldn't be dumbasses, but adults in charge should teach them not to be retards.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, sure. Then maybe he should strangle the kid and rape him with a Wii Remote.

Really, what the hell is wrong with people recently? Does no one know how to properly handle a misbehaving child anymore?!

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
Children need disciple. If parents aren't willing to teach and enforce it, then it normally falls to the police (or secirity guards) to do so. I have no sympathy here.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
mjc0961 said:
Yeah, sure. Then maybe he should strangle the kid and rape him with a Wii Remote.

Really, what the hell is wrong with people recently? Does no one know how to properly handle a misbehaving child anymore?!
I'm real curious now. How would you handle a misbehaving child in that scenario?

Dracowrath

Jul 7, 2011
Um, up until 2:20 I saw one guard holding some kid pinned against a wall for some reason I don't yet know. Then outta nowhere pins him to the ground. What in the fuck is going on here? Looks a lot like oppression to me, some kid being pinned to a wall by a guard and when the kid complains about it gets pinned to the ground for a couple minutes, his backpack searched, and then hauled off. I'd be pretty pissed too if that was my kid.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Dracowrath said:
Um, up until 2:20 I saw one guard holding some kid pinned against a wall for some reason I don't yet know. Then outta nowhere pins him to the ground. What in the fuck is going on here? Looks a lot like oppression to me, some kid being pinned to a wall by a guard and when the kid complains about it gets pinned to the ground for a couple minutes, his backpack searched, and then hauled off. I'd be pretty pissed too if that was my kid.

At two minutes or so the kid starts kicking him after making several death threats against the security guard, so the guard stopped him.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
Dracowrath said:
Except that they were stopped by guards since they were riding trains, and they refused to comply with the guard. So I guess that is why the guard is holding him, then the minor starts to scream that he will fucking murder the guard and that the guard is a whore and more. At around 2min mark the minor decides it would be a smart idea to kick at the guard legs, so therefor the guard throws him down. Awesome that you would be mad at guards for possibly saving your kids life..

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
The only way I could see this being a problem is if the kid had literally done nothing to warrant the guard's attention, and frankly, that seems rather unlikely, given his behavior during the video. What I saw was a dumb-ass kid putting up a fight with a security guard while his dumb-ass friends called the guards on. Whatever the reason for the arrest, the kid was acting inappropriately, and the guard acted according to his training (that was a fairly gentile take-down, and the kid wasn't hurt) and his job. The guard did nothing wrong.

Meanwhile, the kid was probably crying about how he did nothing and whining like that so as to gain support from the pedestrians walking by... and it didn't work, because they could see that nothing was all that off about the situation.

As for people complaining about the baton lash... the guard did not hit the kid, he simply whipped it into the ground as a warning to the friends, who were moving in as if to help the kid. That was also part of his training, by the way.

So: the kid was squirming and kicking/pushing in attempt to defy the guard. The guard took him down with as little violence as his training allowed for (and indeed, that was a standard take-down), and only used his baton as a warning to the other punks. Why you mad, interwebz?

Oh, right: because children are above the law, and are allowed to do whatever they want with no real fear of reprisal.

Edit: After reading the comments, I now know more about the situation, and it's clear that the guard was only doing his job. Resisting arrest, several threats against a security officer, and finally, a violent attempt at escape. Sorry, but that kid is CLEARLY in the wrong. hopefully, any lawsuit goes through and the kid is made to suffer the punishment for his actions. Probably a fine. Unfortunately, his parents seem like morons, so he won't likely learn his lesson.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Dracowrath said:
The kid was kicking at the guard holding him. It's not fully clear whether or not the kid was aiming to injure or just ease the pressure on his shoulder (my money's on both), but even a small amount of force can dislocate/break a grown adult's knee. It wouldn't have taken much to seriously injure the guard, so he swung the kid onto the ground.

Also, I didn't see anyone search his bag. The guard unzips it, puts a hat or other article of cloth into it, then zips it back up. No searching was done.

Dracowrath

Jul 7, 2011
Radoh said:
Dracowrath said:

At two minutes or so the kid starts kicking him after making several death threats against the security guard, so the guard stopped him.
Didn't notice the kicking, and I don't speak swedish so I had no idea what was being said.

Dracowrath

Jul 7, 2011
Tubez said:
Dracowrath said:
Except that they were stopped by guards since they were riding trains, and they resisted arrest. So I guess that is why the guard is holding him, then the minor starts to scream that he will fucking murder the guard and that the guard is a whore and more. At around 2min mark the minor decides it would be a smart idea to kick at the guard legs, so therefor the guard throws him down. Awesome that you would be mad at guards for possibly saving your kids life..
So, it's saving his life by arresting him for riding a train? Good thing I don't live in sweden then.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
evilneko said:
No, the guard did not do the right thing. There was no reason to throw the kid down like that. Also was there no place they could've taken him, away from the public? Holding him there in the first place was a confrontation waiting to happen. Take him to the security office, or something and have his parent/guardian pick him up there.
if you watched the video it looked like there were about 5 kids circling the 2 security guards. they were clearly waiting for backup, which is why when the other security guards came they left.

also, while the kid may have been 12, 12 year olds kick hard. he clearly kicked the dude in the knee. he got what was coming to him.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
Dracowrath said:
Tubez said:
Dracowrath said:
Except that they were stopped by guards since they were riding trains, and they resisted arrest. So I guess that is why the guard is holding him, then the minor starts to scream that he will fucking murder the guard and that the guard is a whore and more. At around 2min mark the minor decides it would be a smart idea to kick at the guard legs, so therefor the guard throws him down. Awesome that you would be mad at guards for possibly saving your kids life..
So, it's saving his life by arresting him for riding a train? Good thing I don't live in sweden then.

Maybe a poor choice of words but they were going between the rail cars which is very dangerous.

http://www.thelocal.se/36574/20111006/

If you want to read a bit more.

"The incident took place last summer at the Slussen metro station after guards were called to deal with youngsters who were reportedly riding between the rail cars of the Saltsjöbanan tram line.

When the guards met up with the 12-year-old and his friends, the situation quickly turned heated.

?I climbed between the cars, and then went in again. Then they came up and said, 'follow us, don't resist',? the boy told Sveriges Television (SVT)."

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Dracowrath said:
I'm not fully clear on the connotations here, but they were basically hitching a ride on the outside of the train. I believe they were in between cars, but I could be wrong.

Essentially, in such a position, all it would take is a single slip and the kid would be dead and the train would be at a serious risk of derailment, putting dozens if not hundreds more at risk. The guard was acting to protect the train, the other passengers, and the kid himself.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Dracowrath said:
Radoh said:
Dracowrath said:

Didn't notice the kicking, and I don't speak swedish so I had no idea what was being said.
Hence my explaining the situation.
And to further explain, he was riding between train cars, he wasn't inside of it.

BlazeRaider

Dec 25, 2009
I think by riding a train he meant the vagrant style riding a train, where your holding on to the train from the outside holding on for dear life while it reaches ungodly speeds, very dangerous if its that method of riding a train.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
So...I watched the entire video waiting for the object of the post to actually happen, and didn't even notice anything that seemed to merit a discussion. Now, given that there was nothing else I can only assume the part where the kid starts acting up and gets moves from standing to being on his chest was the issue, in which case...what? Big deal? Nothing to see here at all, was expecting one of those mouthy kids around the scene to suddenly get face fucked by one of those stick things or something, what actually happened was nothing.