Poll: Should Kids Be Allowed To Carry Guns?

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
andrat said:
Def not
I'm technically in that category (kids) and I say no
I was mugged last week
Imagine if they had guns
I'd be dead
Imagine the test to get them actually works and you had guns, they'd be dead.

guardian001

Oct 20, 2008
mike1921 said:
guardian001 said:
First off, why the hell would they need one...
Same reason an adult would, protection.
Are you aware of exactly how much fucked [http://www.gamegrep.com/news/13045-boy_accidently_kills_himself_trying_to_imitate_halo/] up [http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/archive/2009/04/22/boy-accidentally-shoots-self-with-forgotten-gun.aspx] shit [http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27399337/Education] happens when kids are around guns? I would also like to point out that that last one is with adult supervision after the kid "lost control of the weapon". If a kid who is being actively supervised by adults can shoot himself in the face, what do you expect to happen when they are unsupervised, making stupid decisions, and generally having no idea what the fuck they're doing?

Maybe it's just me, but accidental suicide doesn't fit my definition of "protection"...

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
mike1921 said:
Imagine you had guns, they'd be dead.
This man speaks the troof.

Anyone should be allowed to carry a gun, regardless of age. The only requirement should be the ability to think logically and rationally.

Anyone with a lick of sense would know not to shoot someone except in self defense. All others should be culled from the gene pool.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Whut? They're not even responsible enough not to ***** at each other over non existant social scales born of hormones being out of whack, and you want to put live-Ammo in their hands along side that? Rethink this standpoint and quickly. The only thing that has to go wrong there is one particularly jaded teen gets provoked on the wrong day and Ka-boom. Only now he/she doesn't need to go through questionable means to aquire said weapon.

And a /TEST/ to prove they can handle it? I think we know that particular method doesn't work when drunk drivers are still getting onto the streets.

No, No, and please don't even put it into anyones heads again. Also no.

andrat

Jan 14, 2009
mike1921 said:
andrat said:
Def not
I was mugged last week
Imagine if they had guns
I'd be dead
That is true, although if they can get weed, I would assume they could get a hold of guns... also it was three versus one, not great odds in my favour

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
Proabably not. I wouldnt mind if there was a tight screening process to decide if someone can have a gun. But in modern America a lot of nutsos and right week militants get ahold of them so obviously we dont have any process of the sort.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
is there any portion of sociaty that has less self control then kids? why would anyone think giving them guns is a good idea

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
guardian001 said:
mike1921 said:
guardian001 said:
First off, why the hell would they need one...
Same reason an adult would, protection.
Are you aware of exactly how much fucked [http://www.gamegrep.com/news/13045-boy_accidently_kills_himself_trying_to_imitate_halo/] up [http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/archive/2009/04/22/boy-accidentally-shoots-self-with-forgotten-gun.aspx] shit [http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27399337/Education] happens when kids are around guns? I would also like to point out that that last one is with adult supervision after the kid "lost control of the weapon". If a kid who is being actively supervised by adults can shoot himself in the face, what do you expect to happen when they are unsupervised, making stupid decisions, and generally having no idea what the fuck they're doing?

Maybe it's just me, but accidental suicide doesn't fit my definition of "protection"...
...................... irrelevent to what I said. Besides everything there that I bothered to read could easily be stopped if kids had to pass training and that training wasn't shit. I know the last one'd be prevented if the kid had to pass training to use a gun.
Gormourn said:
mike1921 said:
Gormourn said:
What is the logical reason for this? And don't give me the usual "oh noes a rapist" crap.

Hmm yes, sure, lets give lethal weapons that are extremely easy to use even without training to a demographic that is not considered adult in our society, and not even given the right to vote/drive/drink in many places! What could go wrong!?
Who said without training?

What our society considers them is irrelevant.

For every decently responsible person who can hold back their murderous urges (and hey, I can't blame some of them.) there are at least 2 idiotic dicks.

I don't even trust most adults with weapons, and teenagers? Really? No, fucking no.

It'd be Columbine all over, but worse. Because at least, during Columbine, the kids could be justified a little bit - their lives sucked, partially because of their class mates, and they had illegal weapons. And no, I am not trying to say that shooting up a whole school because someone pissed you off continuously is a good idea. Hell no.

But imagine the same but with bullies or kids in general casually replacing challenges and fights to threats of shooting and, well, shooting.

And no, what our society considers them is not irrelevant. I drove a car first time when I was 12, and I wouldn't trust anyone to do that. Same goes with alcohol (Except for parties, and that's partially sarcastic).

In conclusion, guns are for military, police, licensed hunters, and criminals.
Adults could get guns, yet they still fight. i doubt fighting would be replaced by murder.

Driving a car at 12 isn't idiotic because society thinks so, they just coincidentally think the same thing.

wwjdftw

Mar 27, 2009
Gormourn said:
wwjdftw said:
mike1921 said:
Gormourn said:
What is the logical reason for this? And don't give me the usual "oh noes a rapist" crap.

Hmm yes, sure, lets give lethal weapons that are extremely easy to use even without training to a demographic that is not considered adult in our society, and not even given the right to vote/drive/drink in many places! What could go wrong!?
Who said without training?

What our society considers them is irrelevant.
Agreed, anyone with even a brain in their head would worry about what is best for them and their family's not what is "politically correct", and i couldnt give two shits what most people think anyways.
It's best for me and my family to be surrounded with immature idiots, armed with guns? Yeah.

And no, it's not political correctness. I wouldn't mind being able to vote before 18.

And really, based on your comments you look like a fucking troll.

Barack Hussein Obama? And? So what? It's a NAME. Hussein is just a NAME that is common among Muslims and in middle east in general. And not every muslim is a fucking terrorist.

Also, if you REALLY believe that being named Hussein makes you a terrorist and Obama is the personification of devil on earth and a terrorist, or whatever them fucked up christian loons say, here's another worrying thing! Many of his relatives were raised/ are muslim.
NO, i do not i dislike obama for many reason but you have the wrong one, i really dont want to have a flame war with you as i am taking a liking towards you. SOOO lets just drop it.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Gormourn said:
I won't trust most of people in general, including you, to think logically and rationally.

And, if you think of it, I would include myself as well. I might consider myself rational and logical, but it doesn't mean I don't have bad days.
Hence the training. Make people aware of the consequences and what it can do, and the vast majority won't commit any such bad actions. This principle holds true for children just as well as it does for adults.

Honestly, it should be entirely up to the parents and punish both the parents and the child for any crimes.

andrat

Jan 14, 2009
Gormourn said:
andrat said:
mike1921 said:
andrat said:
Def not
I was mugged last week
Imagine if they had guns
I'd be dead
That is true, although if they can get weed, I would assume they could get a hold of guns... also it was three versus one, not great odds in my favour
At least weed doesn't fucking kill people. And it's amazingly easy to get weed anywhere in North America.

And no, I am not a user nor do I promote use of illegal substances.

But, legalize it; etc.
Yea I know
I get offered it when I go down the hallways at school ( I say no )
But I'm assuming the people they buy from would have SOME access to guns

Protagonist

Feb 23, 2008
I really think this is a stupid idea. Whats wrong with something like tazers with darts? I think thats a bit better idea. I don't reaaaly know though.
And have you heard the song by Arrogant Worms- Let there be guns? Its about this topic.

Stormcloud23

Aug 15, 2008
GraegoriHauss said:
Really?

Really?

@Thread starter: I think I speak for everyone when I say go fuck yourself and your ludicrous idea. You and everyone else who thinks like you.
Read the whole thing man, I said no too....