Poll: Should Sonic go back to 2d?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Simriel said:
Dear god yes. GIVE US A PRETTIER RUNNY SONIC GAME!
With black jack, and hookers.
In fact forget the game...
And the blackjack...
Well, if Bender wants it, who can argue?

Really though, Even if a person wants a linear running game, I think that at least 2.5 D would be better then 3D. Going all the way back to the old days is a bit too far.

Mar 11, 2009
2d is the best for the games, sonic should only be allowed to venture into the relm of 3d in his cartoons, which were a pile of fail anyway

HDID

Oct 12, 2008
Sonic should lose Sonic Team. Then they might make a good Sonic game again.

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
Nobody does 2d anymore these days. It's good only on handhelds. And by Mr. Croshaw said: "All his woodland creatures need to die under a tractor" and "Stop making Sonic look like a cartoon rat". *Looks at Super Paper Mario

Oh wait.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Sonic needs to go...away

Really the best thing to do would be to go away for a few years and let some of the heat die down. During that time replace everyone at Sonic Team and secretly make a game that takes the franchise back to it's roots. Then after a few years release it to (I think) a much more forgiving gaming public.

arcstone

Dec 1, 2007
Maybe if they made game based on that old Sonic Sat Am series... >_>

That could get a bit interesting, me thinks.
But I guess that's just me...

BUG.exe

Mar 11, 2009
sonic needs to lose sonic team. they are so bad it's just sad. imagine if this happened to mario. this is kinda the equivalent because they were equals at one point. EQUALS! and that was when some truly classic mario games were being made. the ONLY good (yes GOOD not bad but has some merits good) games in 3d were sonic adventure. secret rings like i said was close and mini games were a happy edition too.

its too late to lose the characters because they are just getting worse now that they stopped including them as we've been shown with unleashed and now the black knight. and no sonic for the 360 has one merit and that's that it has sonic in it and i guess graphics were nice, but that doesn't really give merits as an actual game. other than that nothing worth mentioning. does anybody else think that it's possible to make a good 3d sonic game with or without sonic team?

DynamicPenguin

Mar 11, 2009
Sonic should go back to 2D, but be sold on an online store (Such as Xbox Live Marketplace) or even try and make an iPod app for it. Those are two ways a 2D game wouldnt be half bad.

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
Thunderhorse said:
joystickjunki3 said:
Thunderhorse said:
Yeah, but he won't. You need to give it up. Everyone does. Sonic is dead. Someone moron has skinned his corpse, and has proceeded to act out a series of humiliations in order to tarnish his name. Stop buying into it. All his good games(The ones for the genesis) are already out. We dont need anymore.
Are you implying that there are no other good Sonic games?
Post Sonic and Knuckles? Absolutely.
Did you ever play Sonic Pocket Adventure, or any of the Sonic Advance series? How about Sonic Rush? In addition, Sonic Adventure and SA2 weren't bad, I thought they were good actually.

Not that I'm completely deriding your taste in games, but it just seems like everybody is so eager to just sideline a game character who really isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. The hatred seems to be the worst when people haven't even played the game in question; it's all very Fox News-ish.