Poll: So, do you talk to yourself ?

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I've learned things from the conversations I've had with my own brain. Sometimes it's only by talking aloud to myself that I've managed to piece together two completely separate thoughts into a new idea or realisation.

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
I talk to myself quite a bit when I'm alone. I try not to when other people are around, but sometimes I do.

Its cathartic and helps me focus.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
I usually just ask myself something out loud when I'm unsure of what to do.

Something along the lines of "What should I play now?" or something.

I don't tend to reply to myself, though. Not by word, anywho. By doing.

Or also when I'm frustrated, I start swearing out loud, even if I'm on my own and nobody hears me.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Yes I talk to myself regularly. I find it helps me if I talk through a problem with myself, I also find it easy when I am planning my day.

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
yeah I talk to myself quite often because I'm a bit crazy haha. There's no other reason really. I don't do it in front of people though, I'm not that mad yet.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
I used to, but I don't anymore.

The VOICES and I aren't on speaking terms, right now.

Hey, I just did italics. And this is bold. And this is underlined. And this is struck through.

I feel like I've got a new toy, learning tricks like this. :)

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
Yes I talk to myself quite a bit and maybe sometimes refer to myself in the 3rd person - such as "why did you do that beck that wasn't very smart?" and then answer myself. I'm not crazy.

Sanat

Apr 7, 2012
I sing to myself more than talk, and it's normally about trivial actions that I'm currently doing. Example:

*scrubbing windows*

"Oooooh, these windows... don't wanna come clean~
How I wish, yeah I wish, that they wouuuuuld!
But I can't let 'em sit, they just don't do shit,
But stay dirty all... day loooong~"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Eclpsedragon said:
I talk to myself all the time.
Sometimes even full on conversations.
Sometimes myself answers back.
i've done that to,

:D some times, its the only way to have intelligent conversation

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
I only ever matter things to myself to workout what I'm going but I do it when ever I need to, I have to explain myself sometimes but it's not a big deal to do that.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Yeah, but only in my head. I can think faster than I can speak, plus I don't have to explain shit, because I already understand.

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
I prefer to think of it as "vocal thinking," as it helps me ensure that my ideas are coherent. There's also the occasional swearing at inanimate objects as well.

Sep 13, 2010
Sebass said:
Glad to see I'm not alone. Though as an addendum, what do you guys do when somebody 'catches' you? Do you pretend nothing happened, start singing (as if they'll believe you) or just keep talking?
I mostly rant to myself about whatever is bothering or interesting me, so any poor soul foolish enough to "catch" me gets sat down to hear the whole thing.