Poll: Stupid, offensive and misspelled gamer tags

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
chazmizta post=9.70262.687071 said:
I am very proud of my username "chazmizta" because i have never encountered anyone else with it.
Personally i hate people with names like {[!"sUPaK!ll4-CaP^A^cOp749"!]} ; have you ever tried to say something to them? it would be like trying to meet john
Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorffvoralternwarengewissenhaf
tschaferswesenchafewarenwholgepflegeundsorgfaltigkeitbeschut
zenvonangereifenduchihrraubgiriigfeindewelchevorralternzwolf
tausendjahresvorandieerscheinenbanderersteerdeemmeshedrraums
chiffgebrauchlichtalsseinursprungvonkraftgestartseinlangefah
rthinzwischensternartigraumaufdersuchenachdiesternwelshegeha
btbewohnbarplanetenkreisedrehensichundwohinderneurassevanver
standigmenshlichkeittkonntevortpflanzenundsicherfreunanleben
slamdlichfreudeundruhemitnichteinfurchtvorangreifenvonandere
rintlligentgeschopfsvonhinzwischensternartigraum (which is a real surname, sorry for the length).
Is it really?

I knew German was highly agglutative but damn!

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
shatnershaman post=9.70262.687217 said:
I better hide in the corner then (I have 2 gamertags with numbers and alternating Capitals.)
For shame!

*does the finger rubbing thing that is supposed to make people feel ashamed but is in reality just really funny*

jdog345

Jul 10, 2008
My old one was YourBitch, so when I died in Halo it says on my friends screen "You Beat Down YourBitch"

Now it is CyanidePill.

More than 3 #'s are stupid. I know I cut it close.

LowLadyDeuce

Aug 24, 2008
Personally, I've never put much stock in gamertags. I've met some great players (skill and manners) with a plethora of ridiculous titles.
That being said, personal experience tells me other people-- in general-- do care.
The advent of the headset has lead to some serious gamertag-induced trash-talking, which is probably fun when your name encourages it.

I've never had a problem with my common alias "Dutchypoodle" being taken, but as a female gamer I find I take a lot of flack in shooters. Why is it that the average punk is completely incapable of telling the sound of a 19 year-old woman's voice apart from a 13 year-old boy's?
You'd think the tag'd be enough to give folks the heads up in advance.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
They can keep them... as long as their avatar is forcibly changed to a steaming pile of shit.

ultra_v_89

Feb 7, 2008
I like 'em, helps find out who the underage turds are. They will normally have those lame names like "dragonmaster94" or "zombiehunter", etc. Plus, some of the misspelled ones are funny, I seen a dude "slientassasin", I mean, it would piss off the owner, they have to give points to change it or face ridicue. Offensive? Yeh, if they cross a line they should be banned, but immature humor stills get me, my cousin for example, his name on Mob Wars on facebook is MickeyBlueBalls. I laughed so very hard.

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
I always liked being Bullet Magnet on CSS and UT but I refuse to be bULLet_magNEt007 on xbox live. So I take my name "ross" and my favourite band "At The Drive_In" and we get rossatdi. Which people keep trying to pronounce! Really shouldn't have picked a tag that kind of rhymes with shitty. Balls.

T3chn0s1s

Aug 17, 2008
I think the fact that the last option has 23 supporters is absolutely hilarious. Also, what's wrong with me name, huh?

Mr.Expendable

Mar 26, 2008
You have to remember that gamers who do this, offensive names and names with numbers in them really think they are being clever... We don't have to punish them, make them change their names or do anything to bug them about it in any way...
...They just have to live with the fact that they live and game in a community of fellow gamers who have no respect for them...

T3chn0s1s

Aug 17, 2008
I don't understand really. I get the point of the thread, but the first point kind of throws me. T3chn0s1s was a pretty well known DJ, and T3chn0s1s has been my handle for... Well, since I was a script kiddie messing with people in 3.1. Just because my handle has numbers in it doesn't mean it's any less thought out, nor that it's any worse than what anyone else uses. By this same logic, I understand that 'poopking' can be a bit ignorant on the surface, but when you go talk to poopking the guy could be a flippin' English major. That's the beauty of our internet isn't it? Whether you like it or not, console gamers, you are using the internet when you get on your network of choice. Whether you like it or not, PC gamers, those 'gamer tag' folk are on your interbuttz as well, and they're in it for the lulz just like quite a few of you. Don't be so rough on people because they chose a dumbass name. Be rough on them because they're fucking imbeciles. There are way too many GOOD reasons to hate people to hate people over what they call themselves.

GuerrillaClock

Jul 11, 2008
The ones I find most irritating are the needlessly try-hard badass ones like "DARKBLOODSLAYER" OR "DEATH_KING 13" and shit like that. It just really annoys me and I don't know why.

Zealot_Guy

Jun 30, 2008
I once played GTA4 and encounted a guy online with the tag "Jesus". Originaly I was like WTF? But then I realised what was going on.
"Jesus shot up Dinker34"
"Jesus steamrolled Ederker"
"Jesus 2nd amendmented 44rerward"

The only thing that could have been funnyer was if somone with the tag "An angry Jew" showed up.

"An angry Jew ran over Jesus"

Zealot_Guy

Jun 30, 2008
Also, I met a guy named Balonge_Boobies. I immediatly said "YOUR NAME MAKES YOU AUTOMATICLY WIN!!!!" Added as friend.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
I think the only ones that should be changed are the offensive ones. Like in CoD 4 online I was in a game were there was 3 "Nazi" and 2 "KKK" clan tags, and I think stuff like that shouldn't be aloud.

Also numbers make me unhappy, especially when it something like "Pro67438" because they can't me original

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Nyxos post=9.70262.686467 said:
Janus Vesta post=9.70262.686186 said:
3. Anyone who has more than 10 XBLA games.

None of these people go on my friends list.
I'm somewhat confused. What's wrong with having a handful of XBLA games? I've had my 360 for almost 2 years now (Never RRODed, lucky me) and I own 5 XBLA games: Castle Crashers, Cloning Clyde, Geometry Wars, Hexic HD(Free of course), Schizoid, and Small Arms. I can see someone collecting over 10 XBLA games without much effort. Why the hatred of arcade games?
Indeed... when I bought my 360 I got the Arcade Unplugged disc as one of the included games, so I have 12 Arcade games right there. Add in Undertow (the freebie Live gave to apologise for the bad service last Christmas) and RezHD (zOMG awesome) and it looks like I'll never be considered for Vesta's Friends List.

As for "stupid" tags, I don't object to them so long as they don't venture into the realm of offensive. I stay well clear of players with them, as stupid tags are (to theive from a friend) "like the stripes on a wasp's arse, Nature's warning that the creature is poisonous", but I'm not going to do much other than shake my head about 'em.

-- Steve

Janus Vesta

Mar 25, 2008
Nyxos post=9.70262.686467 said:
Janus Vesta post=9.70262.686186 said:
3. Anyone who has more than 10 XBLA games.

None of these people go on my friends list.
I'm somewhat confused. What's wrong with having a handful of XBLA games? I've had my 360 for almost 2 years now (Never RRODed, lucky me) and I own 5 XBLA games: Castle Crashers, Cloning Clyde, Geometry Wars, Hexic HD(Free of course), Schizoid, and Small Arms. I can see someone collecting over 10 XBLA games without much effort. Why the hatred of arcade games?
Because everyone I sed to have with arcade games would constantly invite me to online games, even after I told them I can't afford to buy a lot of games and wouldn't be buying arcade games.