Poll: This Tuesday: Rage or Dark Souls?

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
Well I guess i'm the first one to say Rage...hmm I feel lonely over here :p

I will be getting Dark Souls, eventually. I really liked Demons Souls and I will gladly buy Dark Souls, eventually. I personally have no problem with the whole Rage cutting out the tiny bit of campaign stuff (Please do not mistake that as me supporting it, I don't like the fact that they cut stuff out. I just never buy used games and I will stop there so I don't derail this thread)

I doubt i'll finish either of them though, barely played Dark Souls (only beat 2 bosses, Phalanx and Iron Knight or whoever it was) and Rage will hold my interest for awhile I'm sure. But that seems to be my current trend, buy a game, play it, love it then buy the next thing that comes out then rinse and repeat as my wallet cries out in agony.

EDIT: Damnit I've been ninja'd >_<

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
I'd go dark souls too

Apart from the fact I'd say that anyway all this online-pass DLC malarkey is becoming a serious bane of the industry and the sooner publishers stop screwing their customers over the better. The only way that is going to happen is if these companies see a reduction in income because they're pulling these dick moves.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I really don't know. I probably won't get either. But if I did get one it would probably be Dark Souls.

Josh151

Mar 17, 2010
I'm getting Rage. I never played Demon's Souls, but I might try to rent Dark Souls sometime in the future. Also, I'm not sure I have the attention span or patience to play through Dark Souls.

CthulhuMessiah

Apr 28, 2011
Issurru said:
Well I guess i'm the first one to say Rage...hmm I
I'll come join you in the RAGE corner.

I have nothing against DS, but I haven't heard enough about it to make me want it.

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
if i was getting either i would get Rage...why? cause i hate games that are difficult for difficulties sake...i play games for story not challenge...so fuck dark souls and demon souls royally in the ass and rot in hell. i will never..EVER play those games since i never played video games to have a challenge and never wanted to play them for a challenge..i use them to wind down and not be angry..not to piss my ass off. once i beat a game i might go through it again on harder difficulties just for the challenge..but i never want my first playthrough to be exceedingly difficult.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Lets see...

ID's latest outing that's trying to show off their latest engine...with ANOTHER brown generic FPS.

vs

Dark Souls...

Yeah, Dark Souls.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Dark Souls.

Honestly? I haven't even played it yet, but I can TELL it's going to be fan-fucking-tastic. Rage looks like a blast, but DS is where it's at.

AlexiVolkov

Mar 30, 2011
I never manged to get very far in Demons Soul for my massively screwing up things when I first started it. I don't really feel like going back to play it at all since I've heard so much crap about the end of the game.

I will however be getting both Dark Souls and Rage.

Rage will help offset the frustrating ass feeding that Dark Souls is likely to provide.

But either way I'm still more looking forward to Batman at the end of the month.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I vote for Dark Souls.

I've heard what some people who played that demo of RAGE said, aaaand apparently the generic enemies are horrible damage sponges who can take three shotgun blasts to the face at point blank with no ill effects. That's bullshit, man. Bullshiiiiiiiiit.

Edit: Sorry, I CAN'T STAND bullet sponges. They piss me off SO MUCH.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
IamSofaKingRaw said:
NBA 2k12
/thread
I think we would all appreciate it, if you took your sports game and left the thread. We're talking about RAGE and Dark Souls. Not NBA 2012.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
ExiusXavarus said:
IamSofaKingRaw said:
NBA 2k12
/thread
I think we would all appreciate it, if you took your sports game and left the thread. We're talking about RAGE and Dark Souls. Not NBA 2012.
LOL it was a joke, but I think I'll get Skyrim. I've yet to even get past 10% of Demon Souls so I'll play that instead of buying Dark Souls

Zeh Don

Jul 27, 2008
Dark Souls. No contest. Already pre-ordered.
RAGE looks great, but frankly there's a literal "fuck ton" of FPSs on the market, and I don't feel like I need another one clogging up my machine just yet. I'm still pissed that Crysis 2 turned out so bad. Anyway, I'm sure RAGE'll be great, and when the Special Edition rolls 'round with all the DLC and extras that they tried to sell off as additional content included, I'll be sure to grab it. Until then, there's only two games left in this year worth buying.
Dark Souls and Skyrim.

Grab it; you won't be disappointed.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Rage, I'm a big fan of anything Bethesda (except Brink) and I have a love of first person shooters.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
Dark Souls. Getting it on Tuesday for the 360. Missed Demons Souls due to a lack of a PS3, only played it a couple times at a friends house, so I'm pretty excited about this.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I don't think I am buying either instantly due to me having other games I need to pick up (My special edition Disgaea 4 and Star Fox 3D)and other games I am looking forward to coming out soon, but if I do buy one it will be Dark Souls. Who knows. I might have the extra money for it.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
EHKOS said:
Rage, I'm a big fan of anything Bethesda (except Brink) and I have a love of first person shooters.
It's more of an id game than a Bethesda game, Bethesda is just publishing it.

Horkeldorf

Feb 28, 2011
Syphous said:
EHKOS said:
It's more of an id game than a Bethesda game, Bethesda is just publishing it.
Brink wasn't developed by bethesda either. Splash Damage made it.