Poll: Torchlight 2, everything Diablo 3 should have?

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Diablo III.
I haven't checked out Torchlight 2 that much, but I played the demo for the first game and found it to be a bit... lacking. It wasn't that it was boring, I just didn't feel any need to play any more after the trial time was out.
Might check it up a bit when it's released. Diablo III has disapointed me a bit too much the past two years.

Valate_v1legacy

Sep 16, 2009
TL2 all the way. I hate not having a gaming PC, and only 2 titles will force me to upgrade my 9 year old hunk of junk. And D3 is NOT one of them. TL2 however, will have a console port and lower system reqs.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Torchlight 2 doesn't have gender-locked classes, and aside form all the other negatives that Diablo 3 gathered over last days, it makes the "clone" more favourable choice for me. Little things. They do matter in the end when it comes to spending my money.

Daddy Go Bot

Aug 14, 2008
Tanakh said:
Going with Diablo 3 all the way!

Mainly because the production values of Blizz are out of this world; even if they are being greedy MOFOS in their implementation nowdays.
Have you SEEN Diablo 3? Looks like a 2007 game at best.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
I'm going to be getting both. Despite some terrible choices on Blizzards part, you will still be doing all the fun stuff you did in the other Diablo's, with a healthy dose of polish. Torchlight has made some better choices, but doesn't have the resources to throw the same amount of polish at the game. The games, therefore, will likely end up being different flavors of a similar concept. And history says that both are going to be worth the investment.

syltman

Feb 12, 2009
Xzi said:
syltman said:
Xzi said:
syltman said:
Diablo 3 will most likely blow torchlight away in terms of gameplay. You can clearly notice amazing amount of thoughts that have gone into the gameplay itself and how the well designed the art itself is in diablo 3, it's on a whole other level then torchlight 1-2. However I will agree somewhat about the auction house being a bit of a let down but I will just not use it.
I don't think you got the memo. Gameplay in both games consists left and right-clicking, the effects of which change and scale in power as you level up. The difference being that Torchlight 2 has more variation in those effects and the power of them thanks to far more character customization depth.
More variation in those effects and the power? You haven't played either game and you're saying that. But I guess it could be so yes. But in Diablo 3 you can use the environment as a weapon and there will be a lot of ways to enhance the weapons and skills. Also the quest will also be more fun and the environment is going to be a helluva lot more lively.

However this all just judging from what I've seen obviously.
We know the basis for the two systems. In Diablo 3 you get twenty some-odd skills for each character class, and have to choose seven active ones. You can then modify those seven with runestones. Torchlight 2 has an enhanced version of the stat point and skill tree system from Diablo 2. That allows for a lot more customization.

Every option you have for modifying equipment in Diablo 3 is also in Torchlight 2. There's no telling which quests will be more fun, but Torchlight 2 does have the design leads from Diablo 1 and 2 working on it.

The environments in Diablo 3 look fairly boring. Grey/brown at its finest. And almost never do you see the environment actually assist in killing enemies:

Well the thing is that in many skill points will just go into increasing the skill level i.e more damage and not actually go into changing the skill itself like with runestones. Also some of them could be passive. Stats are mostly numbers and kinda boring. I wouldn't truely call it customization. With diablo 3's system all your abilities should be viable all the time as well (if I understood correctly).

Yeah I guess it's a wait and see for the quests. However blizzard have a higher budget for the game and they will have a ton of experience about quests since wow.

I guess the art is a bit subjective, however I would argue that the diablo 3 art is very atmospheric and there's a ton more details in the the terrain itself.

And it's true we haven't seen that much of the destructible terrain but it's something that was mentioned in the earlier gameplay trailers and there has been some in some gameplay trailers. There hasn't been any hints of that in torchlight 2. It helps a lot to create a more dynamic world for the player and not make the world a giant artwork with a line to follow but an actual world.

And let's not forget to mention how much better the sounds are in diablo 3. The gory sound effect and the voice acting are much better then in at least torchlight 1.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Daddy Go Bot said:
Tanakh said:
Going with Diablo 3 all the way!

Mainly because the production values of Blizz are out of this world; even if they are being greedy MOFOS in their implementation nowdays.
Have you SEEN Diablo 3? Looks like a 2007 game at best.
I think he's on about gameplay in terms of production values, not graphics. Graphics have never been part of Blizzards philosophy, all their games looked worse than the average graphics of the day, because they want to make sure that lots of people can play them, it's a good business model, because it means more sales, and more people to play with. If they wanted to they COULD make it look like Crysis 2, but what'd be the point? It'd be slow as hell what with all the enemies that're on screen, and a lot of people wouldn't be able to play it.

Asti

Jun 23, 2011
Has anyone mentioned that you can have pets in Torchlight? Because you can have pets in Torchlight. *__*

I'll think about getting Diablo 3 once they put in offline singleplayer and the thing doesn't cost 60 fucking Euro anymore. Until then: Torchlight 2. Think about the price-performance-ratio.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
torchlight is in the easier position, they just have don't have to do all the crap big publishers expect to be in every game with a strong MP component in order the maximize revenue.

and yes i know perfect world is no small indie developer.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Torchlight 2:

I like Mods
I don't do co-op
It's cheaper

What more can I ask for?

REcaptcha:sterega acid

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Keava said:
Torchlight 2 doesn't have gender-locked classes, and aside form all the other negatives that Diablo 3 gathered over last days, it makes the "clone" more favourable choice for me. Little things. They do matter in the end when it comes to spending my money.
Diablo III doesn't have gender-locked classes either. You can play as male or female for every class. :eek:

dertyqwerty

Jul 1, 2011
I was going to get Torchlight 2 anyways because I enjoyed the first one, and with Blizzard's little news bulletin, D3 transformed from giddy anticipation to "fuck that". T2 is looking pretty promising, and oh boy, do I love mods.

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
Let's look at the games Blizzard has released in last 15 years

Warcraft II: Beyond the dark portal (Great expansion for a great game)
Diablo (Awesome game)
The Lost Vikings II (Haven't played, but I heard it was cool)
Starcraft (STARCRAFT)
Starcraft: Brood War (STARCRAFT)
Diablo II (The bestest RPG ever)
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (More Diablo)
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (Awesome RTS that I still play)
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (Awesome expansion with lots of new features)
World of Warcraft (Super duper awesome-sauce game)
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (Super duper awesome-sauce expansion to super duper awesome-sauce game)
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (A great expansion to super duper awesome-sauce game)
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (It's like Starcraft, but even better!)
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Great expansion again to the super duper awesome-sauce game)
I trust that Diablo 3 will be more than worth my money. Especially if I can get the money back through auction house!

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Neither, and if yes then Diablo 3 because even if Blizzard just sayed it wouln't be playable it would still be as epic as any Blizzard game. Feel free to call me a fanboy.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I will get Diablo 3 because..it's DIABLO III!

Yeah,I know it's a stupid reason,but all the hype around it and all the wait will make it worthwhile.Though the whole debaucle with the auction house/streamlining and every transformation that it will get compared to it's previous title won't stop people from buying and playing it.

If my internet connection drops,I can always play other games,it's not the end of the world.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Cant get over the "babies first video game" Torchlight art style. The first game was also boring as fuck.

Diablo III isnt looking better either, plus the mods and micro transaction fiasco. Blizzard are assholes who will never get a penny from me.

Grim Dawn all the fucking way.
That artstyle is exactly why I stopped playing Fate which had many of the same people working on it. Also have the same reasonings for not getting Diablo III just moderately less extreme. ALso just looked up Grim Dawn and I think I'll keep a good eye on that so thanks for mentioning it.