Poll: Usernames

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Mine is my actual name. Which may or may not have been a good move.

I actually had to take my phone number off of my website because I got about 4 or 5 calls from people with "Their great idea for a cartoon."

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Jon Etheridge said:

I actually had to take my phone number off of my website because I got about 4 or 5 calls from people with "Their great idea for a cartoon."
Hey, that reminds me, I was thinking last night and I've got this great idea for Cuddles...

Just kidding ;) Yeah, my username is my real name too, which considering I'm British means people never believe it's my actual name. They're usually surprised when I tell them, which means it's the perfect identity for me online :).

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Raven comes from an old stage name I once used... Jack Raven... I was young and its better than Adam Jamieson

I don't really remember where the nest part comes from... But I'll make something up

The nest is a metaphor for where Raven lives. So the little space near where I make the odd witty and usually outrageous statement is Raven's home. Hence, Ravens_nest

Happy?

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Trivun said:
Jon Etheridge said:

Hey, that reminds me, I was thinking last night and I've got this great idea for Cuddles...

Just kidding ;) Yeah, my username is my real name too, which considering I'm British means people never believe it's my actual name. They're usually surprised when I tell them, which means it's the perfect identity for me online :).
I know this is totally off topic but I'm curious how it's pronounced. Is it Try-Vun or Tre-vun? Or maybe Tree-Vun?

brutus3933

Aug 3, 2009
Blackadder51 said:
Mine is a combination of my favorite show (Blackadder) and favorite number (51)

Its not that complex and i use it for all my profiles etc....
W00! Blackadder! OT: I got Brutus from my dog's name whom we named after the lizard-man from Brute Force. The numbers were randomly generated years ago when I tried to use it for runescape. It just stuck.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Jon Etheridge said:
Trivun said:
Jon Etheridge said:

I know this is totally off topic but I'm curious how it's pronounced. Is it Try-Vun or Tre-vun? Or maybe Tree-Vun?
Tri (as in 'trip') - Vun. So your last one is close, but not quite there. Most people just call me Triv or Trev, since it's easier. My dad's parents were Serbian immigrants and met in the UK, my dad and uncle were born here, so I was named after my grandfather. Somewhat ironically, I've never been to Serbia, I don't know the language or anything about the place, and we no longer speak to that side of the family anyway, not even my dad talks to his mother anymore :s.

EDIT: Actually, when I first started using my real name online, people mistook me for a Trivium fan, when I don't actually listen to them anyway...

Aug 25, 2009
I have one username I typically use all the time. Means 'black black' in latin. Or ancient greek, I'm not sure. Just a name I came up with ages ago while writing a story, and decided it would do quite nicely.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
I came up with the name in 5th grade, and somehow remembered it when I made my first profile on the original Xbox. I've kept it ever since.
It's just cool.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Trivun said:
EDIT: Actually, when I first started using my real name online, people mistook me for a Trivium fan, when I don't actually listen to them anyway...
Gah, I feel your pain dude...

LINKXIII

Apr 18, 2009
Kuchinawa212 said:
I swear I've seen this before...
*sigh*
My user name was based of a boss in my favorite JRPG of all time Tales of Symphonia. I found him difficult to defeat, so I decided it would be nice for a gamertag. Which I have used since. And that just cared over to being my username for just about everything
To this day I can never beat that bastard....
Also mine is a joke I made with my friends combining Link form the Zelda series and Organization XIII from kingdom hearts 2

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
LINKXIII said:
Kuchinawa212 said:
I swear I've seen this before...
*sigh*
My user name was based of a boss in my favorite JRPG of all time Tales of Symphonia. I found him difficult to defeat, so I decided it would be nice for a gamertag. Which I have used since. And that just cared over to being my username for just about everything
To this day I can never beat that bastard....
Also mine is a joke I made with my friends combining Link form the Zelda series and Organization XIII from kingdom hearts 2
I'm surprised when people say they beat him 10 times in all their play through. Took me FOREVER just for once. I admit I had to cheat to see the other ending.

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
HauntedSerenity came from combining words of terror/followed and peace/release. In otherwords you will have a terrorized release when i kill you. I liked it and it stuck.

Backlash is the second one i use for RTS because its the name some random guy gave my tactic and it stuck. Still use the tactic and name.

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
It's a name I happen to use everywhere. It has little meaning behind it anymore, but I originally derived it from Azrael, Lord of Death.

This became AzraelLOD, then finally Azraellod.