Poll: Usernames

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
It's a combination of an expression and a means of humour. I also see it as an icebreaker; if a username is unique enough I'll strike up a conversation with the person about it. My username stems from my love of the Colorado Avalanche NHL hockey team (who are doing incredible right now!), nicknamed the Avs, plus the short form of my given name, Joseph.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
I picked a meaningless label because that's what my username is. I didn't put much thought into it at all and now I just use it for everything.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Plagiarism of a a Bill Bailey joke. Yes, I'm ashamed. But I hope people recognize me for my avatar. If they do at all.

Bato

Oct 18, 2009
I don't even know where I got Bato.
Something about the greek I think, well I picked that name 10 years ago, I was 8. I have since then forgotten where I got it, but I have always been Bato.

Georgeman

Mar 2, 2009
Well George is my name (duh!). As for where the "man" part came from, well me and another friend of mine (also called George) were making fun of some films by calling ourselves "Man, George!" or "George, man!" or "Hey man, it's George!". Yeah, we were being very silly indeed.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
i always just use my name and add something on the end like a number or a word, but i like my name so thats always in it.

(insidently i find when online playing alot of people have josh in there username wierd eh?)

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
Chose it because I saw it in a name book and I liked the look, sound and meaning of it. I don't use it for anything else.
I do want to change it to what I do use for literally everything else on the internet, sadly I can't.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Even though I've answered this like... Three times before this.

Archemetis was something I called a Game character I designed for College and ever since it's been what I call all my male characters and online personnas.

Puzzles

Aug 9, 2009
Souplex said:
It is a combination of my love for soup and certain events in my life.
I swear to god man, if you bring up that Harry Potter picture one more time... Just one more time man *Shakes fist*.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
grimsprice said:
Usernames are a thousand times less helpful in identifying the user than the actual image. Which is why i don't remember the names of half the avatars i remember.
Good point. I prefer to leave my avatar unchanged for this reason. I get confused when people replace their pictures.
Although, with so many people with Fallout3 armor pictures it helps to have both.

OP: This should be a gaming identity but I think I chose poorly when setting up my current PSN ID which is not MrGFunk as it should be.

Lncredible

Mar 23, 2009
Lncredible... because there was an obsession with pretending to be someone else on warcraft 3.

Incredible looked like lncredible (with the L) so whenever they did a stats check on me they would get some shit stats from that guy and not my good ones. lulled into a false sense of security and then BAM. i guess it didnt work very often because not everyone is really stupid..