SpaceSpork said:
Aby_Z said:
SpaceSpork said:
Aby_Z said:
SpaceSpork said:
Aby_Z said:
SpaceSpork said:
Aby_Z said:
Violence is always an answer. Nothing more, nothing less.
Quote for truth, man/woman/other, but I will submit to you one contradiction. Violence is the answer when you've tried everything else.
You can never try every single possible option as there are an unlimited number of options for every problem. Even maths.
Yeah, but I mean reasonable options. Like, if someone asks you to turn it to Channel 8, you don't buy a walrus and use him as kindle for your fireplace.
No, you buy a walrus and place the remote in front of Sally,[footnote]That is the walrus's name.[/footnote] then blow a horn until, in her panic, Sally hits the "8" button, changing the channel to Channel 8.

Or you punch the guy in the face. Many different ways of going about it.
But you get my point, no?[footnote]The walruses name is actually Harry.[/footnote]
I get your point, but it is null.[footnote]No, it's Sally.[/footnote]
What I'm trying to talk about is that when you are starting a revolution to overthrow an oppressive government that will not give you any free speech at all, violence is the only logical option left.
Or you could have a fantastic chat about LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP with the evil dictator and magically change everything.
Or you could punch them.

WITH LOVE!

AIEEE I'VE BEEN DEFEATED BY THE POWER OF LOOOVE!

t3h br0th3r

May 7, 2009
Violence is nessisary sometimes. if someone attacks you, you have no choice but to fight back. Diplomacy is nice and all but no one wants to end up like Tibet (taken over by a bigger, much douchier nation).

delet

Nov 2, 2008
SpaceSpork said:
Aby_Z said:
SpaceSpork said:
Aby_Z said:
SpaceSpork said:
Aby_Z said:
SpaceSpork said:
Aby_Z said:
SpaceSpork said:
Aby_Z said:
Violence is always an answer. Nothing more, nothing less.
Quote for truth, man/woman/other, but I will submit to you one contradiction. Violence is the answer when you've tried everything else.
You can never try every single possible option as there are an unlimited number of options for every problem. Even maths.
Yeah, but I mean reasonable options. Like, if someone asks you to turn it to Channel 8, you don't buy a walrus and use him as kindle for your fireplace.
No, you buy a walrus and place the remote in front of Sally,[footnote]That is the walrus's name.[/footnote] then blow a horn until, in her panic, Sally hits the "8" button, changing the channel to Channel 8.

Or you punch the guy in the face. Many different ways of going about it.
But you get my point, no?[footnote]The walruses name is actually Harry.[/footnote]
I get your point, but it is null.[footnote]No, it's Sally.[/footnote]
What I'm trying to talk about is that when you are starting a revolution to overthrow an oppressive government that will not give you any free speech at all, violence is the only logical option left.
Or you could have a fantastic chat about LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP with the evil dictator and magically change everything.
Or you could punch them.

WITH LOVE!

AIEEE I'VE BEEN DEFEATED BY THE POWER OF LOOOVE!
Don't forget friendship.

All multiple answers to the same problem~

The Big Eye

Truth-seeking Tail-chaser
Aug 19, 2009
Violence is never the *right* thing. It's just sometimes not the *wrong* thing. Killing someone who killed your friend doesn't make you a good person, but at least it means he won't be killing anyone else.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
believer258 said:
Does fighting fire with fire always spread the flames?

No, it doesn't - firefighters have sometimes used a last-resort tactic of burning the area around the fire so that when it gets there, everything that can be burned is already burned.

In the same way, sometimes violence can be used as a last resort. I'd love to say "never", but considering that fact that 99% of humanity are total dicks, I can't be that naive.
Yup... thinking about it, I try to remain calm (despite being a homicidal purger inside) but when the dude behind me kept poking the 2ed degree burn on my neck and didn't seem to understand the phrase "stop it that hurts" then proceeded to back hand it to make the blisters pop

I think him ending up on the ground with my foot on his neck applying pressure while I yell the lesson into his thick skull was the answer (with everyone watching of course... as blood was coming out of the back of my neck so they knew something was wrong)

(...then again twilight had just came out so they probably though sparkly-fairy vampire)

L3m0n_L1m3 said:
So if I was on wheel of fortune, and the letters "V i o _ e n c e" were on the board, violence wouldn't be the answer?
crap I can't think of a witty one-liner for that one... or pun... or joke...

Very cleaver, well done
(wait did I just say cleaver as in a knife?)

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
JinxyKatte said:
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
So if I was on wheel of fortune, and the letters "V i o _ e n c e" were on the board, violence wouldn't be the answer?
I like the way you think.

OT hell yes sometimes violence is the answer. Sometimes there is a justifiable reason for hitting people. Like say if a man hit my girlfriend (im assuming I have one for the sake of argument) I would be well within my rights to hit them, repeatedly. For an hour. With a bat.
yelling "Boink" and "Bonk" then taking their sandvich

Note: what kind of captcha is "91-92 lystrabl"

Kyoufuu

Mar 12, 2009
Violence is never the answer. Violence is the question. The answer is always 'yes'.

Seriously, though, it depends on the context. If some guy was mowing down a shopping centre with a minigun, and I had a handgun, I would definitely try to take him out.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Violence is the answer to all problems, as its hard for there to be a problem when its fucking ripped in half. It may not solve it well, but its guaranteed to solve everything.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
In a perfect world there would be no violence.

But I got news for you mamby pamby this ain't know perfect world.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Kinda depends on the situation.
Sometimes violence will solve the current predicament. And sometimes it'll cause even bigger problems in doing so. With "bigger problems" basically meaning "how am I going to get rid of this body?"

blazearmoru

Sep 26, 2010
Violence leads to violence, unless if everyone who wishes to retaliate or bring vengeance are dead. If there is ever a reason to use something such as violence, make sure you do it right. Everything done has effects, and sometimes the effect desired can only be attained by violence, but before that, be sure to consider other options first. What is the cause, is there another method to obtain desired effects/outcomes? If not, make sure you plan shit right. :T

Some say a perfect world is a world without violence and make their judgement from that belief. A perfect world without violence, isn't what you would think it is. Animals wouldn't be able to eat and will die, then plants will die. Etc etc. A perfect world is a lifeless one.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
Drakmorg said:
Kinda depends on the situation.
Sometimes violence will solve the current predicament. And sometimes it'll cause even bigger problems in doing so. With "bigger problems" basically meaning "how am I going to get rid of this body?"
Simple, you put it in a bag and throw it in the garbage. and when someone sees you, you simply apply violence on them.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
"John Lennon has been my idol all my life but he's dead wrong about revolution... find a representative of gluttony or oppression and blow the motherfuckers [sic] head off."

-Kurt Cobain