Poll: What do you have "Oblivion" for?

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
I have it for 360. Actually, I've got 2. I bought the GOTY version with the expansions and whatnot first. But the actual game disc was killed by the machine. I think it was because I had it up on the dresser where I usually put it, and it was a little close to the edge when I turned it on. I felt uneasy so I pushed it back a bit and then I heard a terrible screeching sound. So then, I had to go and buy another copy of the regular version.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
PC, it was with a Bioshock combo. So if I didn't like one I might like the other.

Oblivion I didn't like. Yahtzee got some points on why even though not all critters stay the same. That's actually the problem. :S It never matters if you level. They are all equally strong. So leveling doesn't matter anymore.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
I have it for the 360, got it when it came out along with my 360. At the same time. So...yeah.

Too make this post more exciting here is an amusing picture.

[http://img519.imageshack.us/i/awesomethread.jpg/]

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
PC and PS3. I got both because me and my girlfriend were kinda sick of taking turns on the PC.

nmatters

Sep 8, 2009
Played it on my xbox 'till the disc broke, bought it on pc and modded the hell out of it.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
PC, but that's really because I have no need for any other platform. I would download a load of mods, but I don't really know where to get them :p

Caligulust

Apr 3, 2010
I got it for the Pc with Bioshock.

I never actually beat either of them.

Never actually beat the main story on Oblivion. Or Bioshock, for that matter.
I never used mods, either.

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
I have it for pc. I use mods, but mainly ones that add atmosphere or improve small aspects of the game. Like weather and more varied enemies.

SlyderEST

GfWL hater
Apr 7, 2010
Irridium said:
PC.

Because of mods.

And if its laggy for you I suggest Oldblivion [http://www.oldblivion.com/], which lets the game run fairly well on old machines.

Seriously, mods are awesome.
Now that would have really helped before my cd broke (I was playing on my friend's house with my laptop). Now I either have to pirate it or buy a new one. *Sniff*. At least I have a map. It's like, synthetical and stuff, I think.

If I'd have (a working) Oblivion, then it would just be there. I'd play it (and I still try to) every once in a while to finally finish the campaign. It's just so long and the combat is frustrating.

Also, I started my first modding days there (which ended there, as well, since I didn't know how to do something in the tutorial).

EDIT:
Knusper said:
PC, but that's really because I have no need for any other platform. I would download a load of mods, but I don't really know where to get them :p
Try searching from http://www.tesnexus.com/ , or http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/ .

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
PC. The disc broke.
Xbox 360. The disc broke.

I've never had a disc break before or after this, so it's not like I break discs. The game still leaves me bitter thanks to that.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
I got it for PC, which in my opinion is the best platform for it, granted you have a powerful enough computer to play it.

reyttm4

Mar 7, 2009
PC, not because of the modding community or anything, I just don't have an Xbox or PS3. Besides I'm not much of a mod user.

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
PC, but then I've always been a PC gamer because I grew up with the mouse/keyboard interface. And because I love mods. And because its' superior to consoles :p

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
For PC, extensively modded, sucks that the game still crashes so very often though...

Rombor

Mar 29, 2010
I have it for PC, mostly for the mods. Mods are a huge part of The Elder Scrolls games, and can double the replay value. The graphics are probably better for the PC too. But I love TES games. I love Oblivion enough to want to have it for the Xbox 360 too.